As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Asperger's Kids' Club [Trading Card Games]

1272829303133»

• Options
    General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    But when it works, it is fabulous.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well at the local "big" MtG tournys Jund decks are basically the only deck that gets played. Maybe some Vampire decks.

It's going to be interesting to see how my Eldrazzi deck is going to work against it

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I know almost nothing of the modern MTG scene, even in the legacy tournaments I attend infrequently. It's sort of nice to learn new things in that game after my past of being an elitist dickwad at tournaments.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just wish there was a modern MTG game with deck customization.

Like, duels of the planeswalkers is good and all, it just feels like it's missing the purpose of MTG, collecting and building

zanmatto on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drafting magic is fun times

I just drafted rise of the eldrazi with some friends. The first few packs all delivered me red burn and then I took blue to totally block my friend out and then ended up with a ton of great blue cards too.

I had to gayest deck, barely anything would stay on my opponents side of the table more than a turn

and then my eldrazi would show up and run around

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just went 4-1 at the release party for Rise of the Eldrazi. Drafted a traditional Blue/Black deck with a lot of counterspells, removal, a few solid creatures, then 2 ridiculous bombs to ride.

Split a box with my friend. Box was absolute garbage except for 1 pack that was worth 103 dollars by current sales prices.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    spread em got contaminated ground
    standard is ruined

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah but Swamps are actually playable and Contaminated Ground doesn't cantrip.

B.C. on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    B.C. wrote: »
    Yeah but Swamps are actually playable and Contaminated Ground doesn't cantrip.

more like UW control

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What does that even mean

B.C. on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BC
    just trust me
    12 spread effects

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It will be horrible.

B.C. on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hahaha I must play standard now.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I bought a booster box of Eldrazi

Two mythic rares already and I've only opened half of the packs

Waiting on opening the other half of the packs to see if my friend wants to go 50/50 with me on a box. If he does I'll give him the second half of these then go back to the store and see if I can convince the guy to give me half a box of eldrazi and half a box of worldwake/zendikar for the eldrazi box price

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I got a friend to go 50/50 on a release deal with the Spoils (I.e. the coolest card game there is)
    2 booster boxes and an entire set for 100 bucks. Yes please.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At my draft there was Lighthouse Chronologist, Vengevine, Transcendent Master and a Hellcarver Demon in the packs we used. In the leftover packs was a Khalni Hydra and Cast Through Time.

oodles of mythics

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    OK friend bought the other half of the box off of me today

My in at the store said he might be able to sell me a box made up of half Eldrazi and half worldwake and/or zendikar. Going back tomorrow to see whats up with whats going down

Hooray for frivolously spending my tax return!

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Psychic Decks in Yugioh are so much fun.

Either you wipe the other player off the face of the earth or you kill yourself

zanmatto on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I drafted some Rise of the Eldrazi yesterday. Level-up is much better in limited than I had anticipated. Gelatinous Genesis is a house in limited as well. I was regularly making 4 4/4 or 5 5/5 tokens with it.

Managed to draft both a foil and non-foil Realms Uncharted, thought that was pretty nice. Picked up All is Dust and Khalni Hydra in my prize packs.

jgeis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm trying to build an Eldrazi deck

I don't think it can be done in a way that it will be competitive, it's just too slow

Even using Elvish Pipers doesn't work, think I'm going to build this deck instead

4 Mire's Toil
    4 Quest for the Nihil Stone
    2 Bloodchief Ascension
    4 Megrim
    4 Mind Rot
    2 Curse of Wizardry
    4 Desecrated Earth
    4 Guul Draaz Spectre
    4 Bloodhusk Ritualist
    2 Suffer the past
    2 Blood Seeker
    1 Hideous End
    1 Terror
    1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
    1 Consuming Vapors
    4 Piranha Marsh
    16 Swamp

Sideboard
    2 Assassinate
    2 Brink of Disaster
    1 Liliana Vess and 1 Underworld Dreams OR 2 Underworld Dreams (I don't have either of these so thats why theres an or)
    2 Contaminated Ground
    7 random black cards I guess

I would run two Consuming Vapors but I don't have two, only one

Still need to get a couple more Nihil Stones and Megrims, deck simply doesn't work without them

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    polymorph + eldrazi is a competitive deck

for your deck i'd take out: desecrated earth, bloodchief ascension, blood seeker, curse of wizardry, piranha marsh, (nihil stones)

add: more gatekeeper, more consuming vapors, mind sludge, levellers, might want consume the meek sideboard
    you really don't need to get more megrims or nihil stones

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So here are my group's latest obsessions:

GOT36.jpgCT18.jpg

www.fantasyflightgames.com

Both of them are fantastic. A Game of Thrones can (and should!) be played with up to six players, while Call of Cthulu, despite having multiplayer variants, is best as a one-on-one game. I can't recommend these enough if you're looking for something a little different than Magic.

The Core Sets for each game contains all of the shit you could possibly need to start playing the game right out of the box. A Game of Thrones comes equipped with four 52-card House decks, so you and three friends can begin playing it immediately.

AGOT Tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRoMga4-w88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF8VptTIrxM&feature=related

Call of Cthulu Tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsyEYk3SPsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkDn2FUYNc&feature=related

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    polymorph + eldrazi is a competitive deck

for your deck i'd take out: desecrated earth, bloodchief ascension, blood seeker, curse of wizardry, piranha marsh, (nihil stones)

add: more gatekeeper, more consuming vapors, mind sludge, levellers, might want consume the meek sideboard
    you really don't need to get more megrims or nihil stones

Mind sludge sucks, can't play it until turn 4 or 5, and by that point any decently built deck is only going to have 3 cards in hand anyway. Mind rot is way better.

The only black leveler that is any good is guul draaz assassin, and I would totally play with 4 of him except he's way expensive and I'd rather trade for other stuff

You also don't seem to see the point of this deck, bloodchief, blood seeker and curse of wizardry are all part of the Megrim/Nihil combo. Bloodchief tacks on extra damage if you make your opponent discard a creature. Blood Seeker and Curse of Wizardry both make the opponent pay to cast just about anything. Piranha is just there because why not there goes another life, if you have a better land for me to put in go ahead and suggest it

Also if I can get my hands on some Underworld Dreams I will probably tack on Signed in Blood. Because Underworld + Signed + Mind Rot + Megrim is just plain mean

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So after play testing my black discard deck, it works all right but not as good as it should. Currently it loses to fast creature decks (it owns eldrazzi decks though). Really weak against blue/white control but then again so are most decks.

So I'm switching to Black/Red. Getting rid of Mind Rot and replacing them with Blightnings. Throwing in four terminates. Maybe putting in two lightning bolts and two flame slash's. Switching the Bloodhusk's for Sanity Gnawers (random discard is awesome). Throwing in four Vampire Nighthawks. Maybe putting in some Nyxathid's.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cards that work with dicard (megrim, nihil) never, ever, ever, ever work.
    bloodchief ascension is too difficult for this deck to get online, and is still bad because it's situational win more (or lose more)
    piranha marsh is bad because it's not a swamp, and mind sludge counts swamps (as does tendrils of corruption which you should run)
    curse of wizardry and blood seeker get worse the more they discard; why run them instead of good creatures?

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah here's the changes:

Curse of Wizardry and bloodchief are out

Piranha Marsh is out

Blood Seeker is out if I can figure out a good one cost creature to replace it with (maybe death cultist)

Adding red, so adding some of the dual red black lands. Currently actively trading for Blightning's and Terminates. Thinking about adding Slavering nulls instead of Sanity Gnawers. Going to throw in some Hex Mages to deal with pesky planeswalkers

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    slaverin nulls is an excellent card in this deck
    hex mage is amazing
    with them you don't need a one drop

might want sign in blood to keep the juices flowing, or bituminous blast for card advantage

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The thing about discard decks is that most players are tempted to go overboard on the discard without actually having any other game plan to win.

Ok, they have no hand. This makes all subsequent discard spells that you play dead cards. Discard is a good way to disrupt an opponent but probably shouldn't be the primary focus of the deck..

B/R Unearth Aggro benefits from a discard package.

4 Hellspark Elemental
    4 Slavering Nulls
    4 Shambling Remains
    4 Viscera Dragger
    4 Extractor Demon

4 Blightning
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Terminate
    3 Bituminous Blast
    2 Mind Rot

That's a budget list. If you wanted to drop a bit more money you'd replace Extractor Demons and Viscera Draggers with Sedraxis Specters and Hell's Thunder.

B.C. on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So here's the deck list currently

4 Quest for the Nihil Stone
    4 Megrim
    1 Sceptre of Fugue
    4 Blightning
    4 Terminate
    3 Inquisition of Kozilec
    3 Mire's Toll
    1 Consuming Vapors
    2 Suffer the Past
    4 Vampire Nighthawk
    4 Guul Draz Spectre
    3 Slavering Nulls
    2 Vampire Hexmage
    1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
    3 Akoum Refuge
    1 Lavaclaw Reaches
    10 Swamp
    6 Mountain

Sideboard
    1 Underworld Dreams
    1 Consume the Meek
    1 Consuming Vapors
    2 Shrivel
    2 Contaminated Ground
    2 Nemesis Trap
    2 Nighthaze
    2 Brink of Disaster
    2 Last Kiss

I still need to playtest it against my friends vampire deck and my other friends Jund deck, as those are currently the top two decks at our local card shop, but playtesting it against my Master of the Wild Hunt deck it's doing really well. Traded in my Kargan Dragonlord yesterday at Channel Fireballs physical store for the 4 Blightnings and 3 of the Terminates.

Also played a sealed Eldrazi Two Headed Giant Tourny yesterday with my friend. We lost really badly, but in our defense we got shitty packs and played against people who got amazing packs (seriously getting a Deathless Angel or a Linvala in sealed is just fucking unfair)

Also I ordered a Liliana vs Garruk set this weekend so Liliana Vess will be added as soon as that arrives.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    needs more cthulu

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hope you guys don't mind me breaking up the train of Magic-based posts but I wanted to give a heads up on a new YGO promo card coming out in the next issue of Shonen Jump.

411pxgolemdragonjumpenu.jpg

It's not sporting an effect players haven't seen before but it does have adequate defense to back it up. Oh, I saw two more promo cards for those who wanna bother buying a subscription to SJ. I'd probably look for them in a shop's display case myself though if I really wanted them.
    thetyrantneptunejumpenu.jpg
    This card cannot be Special Summoned. You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 monster. This card gains the total ATK and DEF of the monsters Tributed for its Tribute Summon. When this card is Tribute Summoned, select 1 of the Tributed Effect Monsters in the Graveyard. Treat this card's name as that monster's name, and this card gains the same effects as that monster.

transformingspherejumpe.jpg
    Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up Defense Position monster your opponent controls. Discard 1 card and equip the opponent's selected monster to this card (you can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card with this effect). This card gains ATK of the equipped monster. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. During the End Phase, the monster equipped with this card by this card's effect is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense Position.

Owenashi on