Options

PS3 Backwards Compatibility Question

donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
If you connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard does it act like a USB Keyboard and mouse would?

Specifically, Half-Life for PS2 supports USB KB+M and I would like to play it that way wireless. I don't yet have a Bluetooth KB+M.

Does this work? I've found no information on the subject.

PS3 is 80GB BC.

donhonk on

• Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2037714

The guy on the end of this page claims to have played it with a mouse(doesnt specify what kind), and a speedpad.

As far as USB vs Bluetooth, I have no idea.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I know USB works, as I've tried it. But does bluetooth work on PS2 is the question?

Stew, that only really tells me that within PS3 functions, a Bluetooth KB+M works. But does it behave like a USB Keyboard and Mouse would when playing Half Life?

donhonk on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't imagine that it wouldn't. I mean, it's gonna be picked up as a KB+M by the PS3, just like a USB set would.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I want to believe that, but having certain elements disabled while playing PS2 is discouraging me. (Lack of XMB, friends list, etc.)

donhonk on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It is hard to say what will happen. When the ps3 goes into BC mode bluetooth is obviously still working (controllers still work) but the bluetooth stack in BC mode might be different than when it is in normal mode, and certain features/support might not be available.

Are you dead set on using bluetooth, or would a standard wireless keyboard / mouse work?

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    It is hard to say what will happen. When the ps3 goes into BC mode bluetooth is obviously still working (controllers still work) but the bluetooth stack in BC mode might be different than when it is in normal mode, and certain features/support might not be available.

Are you dead set on using bluetooth, or would a standard wireless keyboard / mouse work?

Normal keyboard and mouse works, but I'm planning on getting bluetooth for my computer as well. This is just a curiosity to see if it would work or not, or even if anyone has ever tried this.

donhonk on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It sucks, because I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, just not a BC PS3, or I'd test it for you.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bought.

We will find out soon enough!

donhonk on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am just jealous that you have a backwards compatible PS3.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    I am just jealous that you have a backwards compatible PS3.

Heres the best part, I got this lame ass 80gb with no BC, then I find out that my friends parents have a PS3. I ask what kind, he said the 4 USB one and that they only use it for Bluray!

We traded PS3s and I give them 50 bucks.

donhonk on