As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fly won't cover zipper

NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and StuffRegistered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So the thread is pretty straight forward. I got a pair of jeans that I really like a couple months ago- I was trying not to wear them too often since I tend to end up doing a lot of random outside work and I didn't want to get dirt/grease on them.

Anyway, I've worn them about 3 times so far and this 3rd time out I realized that, when I was walking, the fly would fold over and leave the zipper in plain view. Out side of something drastic like sowing the fly shut for good, is there a good solution to this problem?

possibly tl:dr : Fly on my jeans doesn't cover a closed barndoor!

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
Rorus Raz wrote: »
There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
cakemikz wrote: »
And then I rub actual cake on myself.
Loomdun wrote: »
thats why you have chest helmets
Nappuccino on

• Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Out side of something drastic like sowing the fly shut for good, is there a good solution to this problem?

Your junk is so huge the fly turned into an outtie? Just walk around with a smug smile.

or you could try to return them if you kept the reciept.

Dman on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Do you tuck in your shirt? If not, don't worry about it as most people won't ever notice, even if your shirt doesn't cover the zipper.

Sipex on
  • Options
    oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Have you tried ironing the fly down over the zipper firmly? I'm not sure from the post whether you are saying there's insufficient crotchal material :winky: or just a flaw in where the fabric likes to hang out.

onceling on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As onceling suggested, iron the fabric down, but also go buy some spray-on starch. Spray that fucker good while you're ironing, and you should be good to go.

While you're not wearing them, also check and make sure it's not simply a defect of the jean and the fabric isn't sewn properly. If it's extremely stiff right now, work it in with your hands for a good 5 minutes before your starch/iron it too.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the advice guys!

And, while I usually just leave my shirts tucked, they only cover about 1/2 of the zipper at most. Even if most people won't notice i'd feel awkward about it.

While I would like to blame the situation on my enormous crotch that sadly isn't the problem. It seems like the fabric needs to be stiffer to just hold its place (like their might be a little bit too much fabric... but not enough to where it's unsolvable). In all, the fabric is pretty thin and flexible.

I'll try to track down an Iron and see if that works.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Needs to be stiffer down there

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    PracticalProblemSolverPracticalProblemSolver Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've a pair of pants like that, the 'fly flap' always pops open, no matter what. I either iron it every time I wash them or use a safety pin to keep it down.

PracticalProblemSolver on
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Needs to be stiffer down there

:winky:

T. J. Nutty Nub on