As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 Repair Service Question(s)

sushiboysushiboy Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
So, to those of you who have had to send their PS3 in for repair, did the system actually come back in good working condition? Is there a warranty on the repairs? Do you just get a refurb back, or do you get back your own system? $150 for repair service is salty and I have had too many bad experiences with other companies charging me rediculous repair fees only to get my gear back still not working 100%.

Wii - 5850 0852 0940 2934
AC:CF - 1032 4742 8889
PM me if you add any of my codes
sushiboy on

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Comes back working fine. 90 day warranty.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sushiboysushiboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is it the same system you had before, or some refurb? How long does it take them to get it back to you?

sushiboy on
    Wii - 5850 0852 0940 2934
    AC:CF - 1032 4742 8889
    PM me if you add any of my codes
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the first one that sony sent me when my system died didnt read discs, but it was under the new 90 day warranty so they replaced it again for free. just a pain in the ass is all you know.

youll get back the same model you send in, whether its a different actual system or not doesnt really matter that much. just be sure if you upgraded the HDD you take it out and put the original one back in there.

it takes a couple weeks if memory serves. pretty quick turnaround.

just know that if your system is dead right now and you cant back up anything before sending it off that your saves etc are gone. even if you take out the HDD theyre on, once its away from the ps3 system its linked to its useless until its reformatted. theres no way to access the data on it without the ps3 its linked to being in good working order.

Ah_Pook on