As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New workout clothes

OrganichuOrganichu poopspeesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So due to an extremely long and annoying story which is totally uninteresting, lots of my wardrobe is now ruined

I store my undershirts and tshirts separately so I'm fine with tops for the most part

However, I need to replace all my basketball shorts, sweatpants, etc etc, anything I could possibly work out in

Any tips on some cheap stuff I could wear, winter or summer, to lift and do cardio? I would just stroll down to Target or something and grab an armful but I'm wondering if any of you duders know of a good brand that's economical

Thanks

Organichu on

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    First off: define economical. Do you mean, "cheapest option possible" or "cheapest of the quality stuff?"

Edit: Reebok makes cheaper stuff than most of the other companies, while still having decent quality to it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The C9 (Champion) stuff at Target is actually pretty decent quality and is dirt cheap. $10-15 for a cool-max type t-shirt is a great deal.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If you have a Costco or Sam's Club membership, I suggest seeing what they have. In my experience they won't have a big selection, but I got some really nice Adidas stuff for pretty cheap - like some breathable shirts for $15 ea.

Zul the Conqueror on
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thrift store?

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got a bunch of my stuff for the gym at Winners. I think the US equivalent is TJ Maxx? I can usually find some fairly affordable stuff there.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Check out sporting goods stores for off-season sales? Big 5 and the like?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Those underarmor shirts are great.

They're not thrift-store cheap, but they're not $Texas either, and they hold up pretty well under stress.

Godfather on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Underarmor has always seemed overpriced to me, compared to equivalent stuff. Unless maybe there's something special about their stuff I haven't picked up on.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    go to marshall's or something

i bought nike fancy shirt shit that shoulda been like 20 something for like 8 bucks

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo