Options

LEGO thread!

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Sudden brain wave on minifig displaying. Book shelves are rather space inefficient but I can build some LEGO shelves into that random alcove in my living room wall. To BrickLink!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I got my A-Wing in the mail today and it looks awesome once you've got it all together.

I ordered two series 9 minifigs as well since none of the stores around me carry them and I got two Jekyll and Hydes. I was happy with the first one, but opening the second and getting the same thing was a bummer.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Hah wow that picture should not be up yet. Save it quick. Notice how it doesn't have the pieces it needs for the minifigs? Gandalf is blonde.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Are they still releasing stuff from the LOTRO movies? Seems like they'd only be doing Hobbit stuff at this point.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Gonna want that Black Gate kit, looks sexy.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Are they still releasing stuff from the LOTRO movies? Seems like they'd only be doing Hobbit stuff at this point.

They are doing two waves a year. LotR in the spring/summer, Hobbit in the winter.

• Options
    VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    So has anyone else checked out Mobile Frame Zero? Tycho's posted about it a few times, and I was wondering if anyone else has been interested in it. I'm having a blast building tiny killer robots at any rate!

I'm planning on attending PAX Prime this year and I'm hoping to run some games if there's enough interest!

camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    I believe I am done:

5Kcqvh.jpg

Album. It's a shame there's no Rohan army pack or I'd have more than four soldiers and four Eomers manning the battlements.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I just had a desire for them to do a Galactus set.

Then I tried to figure out how to do a Mr. Fantastic minifig.

Then I realized that we could already have an Invisible Woman minifig and not even know it...

I'd buy a Galactus, if it was the same size as the big R2D2. I'd love to have my heroes fighting aliens, at the feet of Galactus.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    That Helms Deep is awesome. Mine is currently being defended by a single rohhirrim, Eomer, Theoden, Giml, Haldir, an elf and 2 dwarves from the collectable minifigures, Elrond, and half a dozen assorted Rebel troops from star wars. So basically good guy legos
    When I get the Black Gate set i'll be able to have a similar set up for all my evil minifigs!

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    My helms deep is being attacked by two cars, the x wing, the Tumbler, and The Bat.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I still need to dig out some of my castle figs to finish the setup, but I know that Loki is going to be leading the attack against Helm's Deep and Hawkeye will be protecting it. Possibly pulling double duty since Legolas is nowhere to be found.*

ok, I know exactly where Legolas is I just don't want to pick up that set :)

Also, Helm's Deep barely fits on top of my bookcase. The entry ramp hangs off a little (admittedly I do have it at a slight angle so it is theoretically possible to see the back).

This is a bookcase that previously had the Joker Funhouse, Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout, the Quinjet, and Lex's power armor along with some smaller stuff with no problem.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Blah, getting a lot of dupes in my Series 9 harvesting. Not a single cop yet, and I want a lot.

Also, anyone got advice for, I dunno, damaged torsos to use as zombies? I got a bunch of zombie heads already from the Haunted House, just need people to stick em on. And then an RCPD to stick em in.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Zombiefied torsos might be a problem so I'd suggest any torso without skin showing since the yellow or flesh skin won't watch the zombie head. Maybe look for the old style police for you RCPD.

Actually this one might be good since it looks pretty close to the uniforms in RE2. Just replace the head and hands.

6508107245_65f1636986.jpg

Here's a link to the generic version it is way cheaper than the Batman version

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=97890&colorID=42

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Oop, spoke too soon

Figured out their bump code, aaand...
    Gotcha.jpg

Got a buncha recruits for ZOMBIFICATION

Maybe a few will survive with D: faces.

Felt kinda bad decimating the box of all cops. There was another box though, so s'all good. Right?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I felt around the whole box til I found one with the cop's distinctive hat, looked at the bump code on that pack, then looked for other packs with that code.

It is very similar to Princess Meridia's code, but a feel of those packs will have her obvious dress and hair pieces.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Yeah, once you find what you're looking for by feel, it's not difficult to clean out a box by verifying that the dots match up. I'm looking at you, space marines. The thing is that you can't always rely on the online guides, as the dots change by manufacturing run. I wanted to look for marines and was having a tough time because the box I was rummaging has never had a guide put out for it.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    sirk133sirk133 Registered User regular
    Man, I dont post on here very often.....come on tax return...i'm gonna splurge. the new mindworks looks great, I've got the first one floating around, bought it at TRU. They had just put them out, and they had screwed up the pricetag....they forgot a "9" so something that was supposed to be 249.99 I got for 24.99 if id had more $$ on me I would of cleaned them out. Started putting all my space police stuff back together, and my magnatron sets. currently looking at 5 20 gal tubs of random lego goodness i bought off of craigslist for $180 . most of the sets are assembled, but no instructions.

I'me laying out the parts to build me a kick ass mecha. I want to make it all componets with different figs in each part.

it'll be great.

and i know its not lego, but i went on a bender when the halo minifigs were in the grab packs, ive got a big gallon corn puff container completely full , i use em as fodder when i build stuff up. got homebuilt mini-mech on the tv fighting the british soldier guys from whatever mini fig set series they were from.......ill post a pic or two if i can unbury my camera

• Options
    I got a bunch of space orks and a few of the knights from series 9 today. Gotta say, I thought the knight visor was metallic gray and not the awful not-metallic light gray that it is. The space orks are everything I wanted them to be, though. I bought a bunch of the silver helmets I posted before on bricklink so I can make some Nobz.

• Options
    Everyone go to Teefury.com today's tshirt is relevant to our interests.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I just got my daughter one of those cheap friends sets. They are pretty cool, and apparently you can get directions for a mega build if you get all three.
    They've done a great job with this Friends thing.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular

The rocket looks a little too.. phallic.

Apparently the comments on the site think so too.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I made poor financial decisions last night since I got some student loans to hold my fiancee and I over till she finds a job that isn't minimum wage

I bought the Crazy Scientist and his Monster, and Bag-end.

To be fair, the first set was $20 off at Shopko.

Bag-end is...it is glorious. It was the most fun I have had building a set in my entire life. The finished model is beautiful, incredibly detailed, and sturdy.

Mine was missing a flat-top green 2x4, but I had one in spare. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, actually!

The Crazy Scientist set is kind of underwhelming after Bag-End. They spent way too much effort ont he car, which is rad as shit, and not enough on the architecture of the set.

There ARE some cool bits to it (like how you can turn a gear to hit a big red button that makes a laser light up) and theres a lot of interesting greebles, but the best part about this set are the minifigures (mad scientist, monster, and two of the fighters).

• Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

The rocket looks a little too.. phallic.

Apparently the comments on the site think so too.
    Uh what? It's the Lego Space logo.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Usually their wanton disregard for copyrights, and business plan of avoiding being sued simply by never selling anything long enough for anyone to catch on, irrationally annoys me.

That though, is damn rad.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    KongoKongo Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm feeling that shirt-- especially considering my Classic Space stuff I've been thinking of lately...

• Options
    FOUND SERIES 9 minifigs! Got me three space Orks, Dr. Jekyll, and Chicken Man. All I want now is a couple of police and lots of space Orks.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Ended up ordering the Chima Laval's Royal fighter set. :D

I know someone was saying the Chima sets don't look so great, but I really like the Minifigs associated with it.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So I am getting obsessed with minifigs as desk toys. I have the space marine and gun fighter sitting on my second monitor, and a bunch of others (iron man, statue of lib, king triton, the ones that came with my three Star Wars planets) just hanging out between my keyboard and monitor. I'm thinking ill get the wolverine helicopter, captain America bike and Spider-Man bike and then I'll basically be set on minifigs, at least for a while.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Lego makes the best desk toys. My desk has a shelf attached above the Monitor. On it is something like 70odd Minifigs all from various series, hanging from the shelf is Spider-man (thanks to the handy web he came with). In front of the monitor is a bunch of Old republic troopers and the ships from my advent calendar. On another shelf is Helms Deep with a variety of good guy legos. On one of my cabinets for clothes is the Mines of Moria set where the entire Fellowship and Avengers are fighting alot of orcs.
    there is Lego all over my place

• Options
    ...so my kids got a Chima set of those two little speeder things.

Thanks, LEGO. I already have a minefield of Beyblades all over our house and now I have to watch out for claymores on top of it.

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    I want people to tell me when they see the Galaxy Squad polybags. I don't think they are for sale yet.

• Options
    I'm going to need more chainsaws

b3ZTawe.jpg

• Options
    :O

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    "ORKSORKSORKSORKSORKSORKSORKSORKS!" "SETTLE DOWN LADS!"

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I wound up stopping off at the Lego store nearbyish yesterday and fondled minifigure bags for a while. Picked up three space orcs, a cop, a battle mecha, a mermaid, cylcops, a knight (that I thought was a duplicate battle mecha), and Jekyll/Hyde. A clerk helped me find a chicken man and another knight (since I didn't realize I already had one) after the crowds cleared out a bit before closing time. Contemplating whether I want the forest maiden (not a fan of the wedge bottom). Definitely need more space orcs.

Also picked up the Chima giant raven since I had a coupon for the Lego store and the display model looked really impressive. It's bigger than I thought it would be so I may not put it together til I have some more space. I rounded up my binge with the monster fighters swamp creature set and got the Chima polybag for spending over $75.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    And so it begins… got me a judge and a chicken suit man. This be a perilously deep rabbit hole here.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    Alright, so my four year old wants to start playing with "big boy LEGOs" and I got him the "My first LEGO set" construction site set and a big grey play base. I want to start him out on these but what do you guys think are some good, simple sets for a four year old?

I must admit, I've been away from Lego for a long time and when my boy started to get interested I started getting excited. We don't have a ton of disposable income right now, so I'm starting small and slow, but this could be great for both of us.

I first discovered he wanted to get into sets when he would build something with his Duplos and NEVER want to take them apart. He has some older friends which are pretty wealthy and they're always building new sets that they leave together. He was imitating them. It's time he gets some of his own.

Also, how do you guys keep these things clean? Just dusting with a cloth would seem like you would get dust that would stick in between studs. A wipe down and compressed air?

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
This discussion has been closed.