As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 game pad question

El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Just wanting to know if a wired xbox 360 controller will work with older PC games like Battlefield 1942?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
Origin: theRealElMucho
El Mucho on

• Options
    edited January 2010
    I believe they will, though you might have some sensitivity issues and have a hard time reassigning buttons/axes.

edit: also playing the BF games with a controller is an exercise in torture and humiliation in my experience. I much prefer keyboard & mouse but I am also pretty bad with them, so...

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My the right trigger button on the new controller that came with my elite squeaks when I release it. Forza 3 sounds like I'm driving a 2009 Ferrari with build quality issues.

I wonder if MS would send me another?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I believe they will, though you might have some sensitivity issues and have a hard time reassigning buttons/axes.

edit: also playing the BF games with a controller is an exercise in torture and humiliation in my experience. I much prefer keyboard & mouse but I am also pretty bad with them, so...

I was thinking along the lines of using the controller for flying controls and mouse and keyboard for the run and gun. Just substituting the controller for a joystick.

But yes I agree, controller for PC shooters is awful.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho