As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have a problem like phoebe from friends

SwillSwill Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
my cat smells

more specifically she has long hair, and she often gets shit caught in it and proceeds to drag her nasty ass around the house leaving little shit prints everywhere

this happens often

is there something diet wise I could be doing wrong? We feed her costco kitten food and water?

this sounds bad, but is there a sedative we could give her so we could trim her hair in that area? cause if we try while she is awake she will claw us to shit

my cat is so sweet and pretty, please help me

Swill on

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wrap the cat up in a towel, tightly enough to keep her contained, but not enough to injure her. Then, trim that butt hair.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know that you can get safe tranquilizers from your vet. As far as the diet, well shit is going to smell no matter what. Trimming up the area should help the issue. You could also pay the 40-60 bucks it takes to get the cat properly groomed. I'm sure you have a local Pet Smart or ma n' pop grooming shop around.

Either way it's gonna cost ya bit.

MindLib on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Towel her and trim her.

Additionally if she has long hair she should be brushed daily.

Using something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Paws-Love-Glove-Grooming/dp/B0002563MC

Blake T on
  • Options
    RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Wrap the cat up in a towel, tightly enough to keep her contained, but not enough to injure her. Then, trim that butt hair.

Yep, this is pretty much the sad, sad solution to your problem, OP. Shaving a cat's butt is neither a fun nor glamorous job but if it keeps the poop off your furniture and carpets then by god, get to shaving.

Raekreu on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    On the bright side if she's still a kitten, things may improve as she grows up. Our little bundle of joy would leave poopy butt hole potato prints everywhere he sat down and it was driving us mad. Within a year he just grew out of it. Whether he learned to tighten that sphincter better or had to grow into his own bowels or what I don't know.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Step 1: Become an evil genius scientist.
    Step 2: Cryogenically freeze yourself to go into the future.
    Step 3: Reanimate yourself and your now hairless cat.

If that fails, it's time to start trimming your cat.

President Rex on
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Swill wrote: »
    is there something diet wise I could be doing wrong? We feed her costco kitten food and water?
    How old is your cat? She might be a bit old for kitten food, which is usually full of fat and stuff that'll give adult cats explosive diarrhea.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    well adult long hairs still get poop caught in their hair. just get one of those small wahl trimmers (not the giant cut your own hair kind) . scruff and trim the area around teh hole and down onto the legs a bit

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aw... you have a smelly little pussy!
    :twisted:

CelestialBadger on