As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Setting up a donation site

AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a friend who's wife was just diagnosed with cancer. He set up a page on bbnow.org to accept donations, but apparently they take a LARGE percentage off the top. From experience with Blackbaud/Kintera I could have told him that those people are scumbags, but I didn't know about this until he set it up. Now that he's realized this he's trying to find a new host.

Does anyone have any experience with these kinds of sites? I could also build him a site if there is a good credit card processor, but a WYSIWYG thing would be preferred.

I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
AtomBomb on

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You would probably have better results building it yourself and just using PayPal for donations.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can go to my banks online banking page and transfer money directly from my bank account to a friends bank account if I have their name and bank account number just as easily as I pay my phone bill or anything else.

I don't think there are any security issues with someone knowing your name and account number but
    you could always get the bank to setup a separate account specifically for this purpose.

Now that I think about this I've only actually done this with people who use the same bank as I do so YMMV. Paypal might work better.

Dman on
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to look into the paypal fees. They're not going to be setting up a 501c3 or anything, but it still might be a better deal than the "easy" donation sites.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162