As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Need something like the Nord Electro without the $2100 price point

joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class TraitorSmoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Thread title

Does such a thing exist?

Alternately, is it feasible to find a Nord Electro for around $1000 used anywhere on the planet?

I just really really like the swirly organ/mellotron sounds I've heard from this thing, but I don't and probably never will have $2000+ to drop on one

joshofalltrades on

Posts

  • desdinovadesdinova Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alesis QS7.1
    They go for an absolute song for what they are. I've had the 7 and currently use the 8.1. Action is one of my favourites I've used on the 8, 7 is a heavy-synth action, 8 is hammer-weighted-piano. You can get all of the way there for 90% of the sounds you'd want stock, the other 10% can be done with the expansion cards. You can also burn your own samples to old style ATA flash cards, kind of silly to do these days since samplers are just ridiculous cheap, but it was amazing back in the day.
    Great effects built in, great organs, pianos, epianos, clav/harpsichord, very good synth sounds. Synthesis engine is good for a ROMpler if you want to make patches, but the presets are very usable and laid out by instrument type.
    Multi-out, ADAT out, Multi-timbral, 64-voice, multi-split over multi-channels, very good controller.

    If anything I'd probably supplement it with a Voce organ module for more realistic B3, but, really, most people won't notice or care. Either way, at the prices they're going for these days, you've got a lot left over for extra modules to go with vs an Electro. ;)

    desdinova on
    wat
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'll do some research on it, thanks!

    joshofalltrades on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also worth checking out: Korg X50. The thing's a beast, and at a really low price point.

    garroad_ran on
Sign In or Register to comment.