As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No image on boot

templewulftemplewulf The Team ChumpUSARegistered User regular
I'm a computer programmer, but I don't do as well with hardware troubles. Especially since the hardware is my goddamn graphics card, so I can't surf for answers from that computer.

When I boot up, all the LEDs light up, the fans spin, etc., but the monitor (through both VGA and DVI ports) says that there is no video signal. I tried reseating the video card, but no luck there. I also noticed that the motherboard doesn't make any of the usual beeps during boot up.

Am I totally borked? I don't think I can get a new graphics card (it's an AGP board), and I don't want to pay for a new motherboard which will require a new GPU anyway.

Any ideas?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
templewulf on

• Options
    KrikeeKrikee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pull out the RAM and see if it beeps at you. Sounds like it isn't even completing the POST.

Krikee on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Krikee wrote: »
    Pull out the RAM and see if it beeps at you. Sounds like it isn't even completing the POST.

Hey, Krikee, you're right. I also plugged in a PS/2 keyboard, and none of the lights came on. I think somebody at work might have a Socket A motherboard I can test out, so I'll go that route.

Thanks!

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf