As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Somewhere, Someday

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    flashing a wad of dollar bills.

Now this is something I can always get behind

"Maybe my friend George Washington can help you come to a decision?"

I'll be wearing sunglasses and be super serious.

Also I can pass for so much younger so that opens to door to all sorts of possibilities.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok I know we don't have a webcomics thread for a while but has anyone else listened to the Midnight Crew album that's up on MSPA right now?

It is incredible

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like it yeah. But they lack without accompanying graphics.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Also I can pass for so much younger so that opens to door to all sorts of possibilities.

Washington is kid money, it's all about the Hamiltons, baby

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScrumScrum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    FUUUUUUCK DONT DO IT DONT D:

Become a trickster. I just want to play well-meaning tricks on people. I keep a list of stupid pranks to play. Not even pranks, just cultivate eccentric tendencies. One includes training two dogs to show a person out of my house, complete with them closing the door behind the person.

I used to think doing things like this would be funny and charming, but I think the large majority of people would just think it was creepy and weird. My desire to do this is not lessened, however.

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »

Washington is kid money, it's all about the Hamiltons, baby

May I call you

Aaron Burr

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why am I in such a bad mood, SE++

I feel like hitting something and crying like a girl.

Dammit am I on my period

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scrum wrote: »

Become a trickster. I just want to play well-meaning tricks on people. I keep a list of stupid pranks to play. Not even pranks, just cultivate eccentric tendencies. One includes training two dogs to show a person out of my house, complete with them closing the door behind the person.

I used to think doing things like this would be funny and charming, but I think the large majority of people would just think it was creepy and weird. My desire to do this is not lessened, however.

But I am female. And tiny (less than five feet and a hundred pounds). I'm super adorable. I have that advantage.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

But I am female. And tiny (less than five feet and a hundred pounds). I'm super adorable. I have that advantage.

You do have that going for you--things like this are considerably less charming on a grown man. I tend to stick to subtler eccentricities, such as in the workplace. Sometimes, when talking with a new person at work that I know I won't have to be around for an extended period of time, I'll simply mirror their personality and vocal inflections to see if they catch on. Most don't, and I've found it is an oddly easy way to make friends. Another was to casually say "fuck" every other word when talking with my extremely straight-laced Morman boss, simply to see if he'd tell me not to (it was against the rules of Safeway). I got a lot of other employees to do the same thing, and while I could tell he wanted to tell me not to, he never did. This was the same man who forced an employee to shave in the bathroom because he had a slight bit of stubble. I could never figure him out.

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scrum, you can make the world an odder place with the little things. You are doing well.

I want to dress up like I am from a different era, get a friend with a vintage car. Run up to someone and ask for the year, run back yelling, "It worked!"

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I do the vocal mimicking too!

Among my friends and people I want to impress I've tried to cultivate a fairly neutral inflection and hide my Southern accent, but when I'm back home and I need to go the hardware store or go get something done to my car I find myself slipping back into a little more of that drawl to try to blend or accommodate the locals or something

I'm not entirely sure why it happens but I find it makes it easier to get along in different settings

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Among my friends and people I want to impress I've tried to cultivate a fairly neutral inflection and hide my Southern accent, but when I'm back home and I need to go the hardware store or go get something done to my car I find myself slipping back into a little more of that drawl to try to blend or accommodate the locals or something

Oh god it annoys me when I catch myself doing this, to either extreme

I am going to come out of college with some crazy regional accent

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I also once convinced a co-worker that my favorite band was The Spice Girls, and that a lot of their music is based off of Shakespeare's sonnets. This really wasn't a remarkable feat, he was not very bright. His favorite band was Creed, he recommended me a Kirk Cameron movie as "a good date movie", and he was a vocal Creationist.

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Thing is, most other people from the South have told me they can't really hear an accent in my voice; but my friends from up north claim that it is in fact noticeable; so I guess it's all relative, really

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Chompskers.Chompskers. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really want to get super good at something.
    Like, devote a whole bunch of time to it and everything.

I just don't know what yet.

Chompskers. on
    The lastest of eff-emms.
    P: 1634 0144 0510
    HG: 5285 4128 5154
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rolo wrote: »
    Why am I in such a bad mood, SE++

I feel like hitting something and crying like a girl.

Dammit am I on my period

you should eat something

best case scenario it turns out you were grumpy because you were hungry, problem solved

but if not, you'll be sitting there sobbing and stuffing your face with ice cream which is every sad person's secret desire anyway

redhead on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Do Oregonians have a very noticeable accent? I have been told that we speak slower than a lot of other people.

Scrum on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Do Oregonians have a very noticeable accent? I have been told that we speak slower than a lot of other people.

It's because you don't know how to pump your own gas.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey, when retirees make all of the laws in your state there is not much you can do.

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I went to bed, had what felt like a full nights sleep, even felt like I'd slept in a bit, get up out of bed all ready to go get some breakfast

11pm

the fuck

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    11 pm 2012 that is,

The world is a wasteland.
    Only the damned were left behind.

Chompskers. on
    The lastest of eff-emms.
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok I know we don't have a webcomics thread for a while but has anyone else listened to the Midnight Crew album that's up on MSPA right now?

It is incredible

man I know, right? Terrible time to lose the new webcomics thread: new supermegas abound, HB fucking eats egg's head off, awesome music

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how the fuck is it still saturdayyyyyyy what malcontent shimmer of time has been hoisted upon me

Weaver on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Thing is, most other people from the South have told me they can't really hear an accent in my voice; but my friends from up north claim that it is in fact noticeable; so I guess it's all relative, really

people with the same accent as you don't hear their own accent

more on this breaking development at 11

seriously how do so many people not understand how accents work?

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

no no

you sound funny

I sound normal

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

no no

you sound funny

I sound normal

BUT EVERYONE BACK HOME SAYS I DON'T HAVE AN ACCENT is pretty much identical to MY MOM THINKS I'M COOL

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    L|ama quit being a silly goose

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've lived near on every place imaginable in the northern hemisphere. No distinct accent, but I do have a fondness for regional slang.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Although I do wonder what my southern ontario accent sounds like to other people.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chompskers. on
    The lastest of eff-emms.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    L|ama quit being a silly goose

saying "people from where I grew up don't hear my accent" is silly goosery of the highest order, of course it's all relative. They wouldn't be accents if it weren't.
    Although I do wonder what my southern ontario accent sounds like to other people.

hearing myself on a recording is bad enough, knowing the accent on top of that would just be awful

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But I grew up in the South and I can hear southern accents

Explain that, Mr. Wizard

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Jesus Christ, do not even get me started on this

Not even in jest

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    you have no accent

you are a freak among freaks with accents

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    52013173.jpg

wow

Brolo on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    what

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Let's hear some accents. (The one from my hometown is so spot on, holy crap)

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    fuck

florida

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Let's hear some accents. (The one from my hometown is so spot on, holy crap)

Oh man this is awesome

North Carolina is spot on

Grey Ghost on