My Graphic Design portfolio... so far

winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Artist's Corner
Heya folks.

I'm giving up on the drawing and have decided to make a career in graphic design. Not really. Im just in a bit of a pickle where i need work, and i cant get work doing what i love doing (illustration). So considering that i have a Uni degree in Visual Communication, i figure i may as well try getting a junior position in graphic design. I'm hoping some of you talented people will help me improve my current portfolio. Some work ive posted before, and some are new.

Coorporate logo

3fp6d.jpg

Business Cards

lwhm0.jpg

2j2epew.jpg

33ollqf.jpg

Magazine

xpy9fr.jpg

24gkdok.jpg

2it61w6.jpg

Brochures

35849hd.jpg

ng6d76.jpg

295v49g.jpg

Advertisement

dmyxrn.jpg

winter_combat_knight on

• MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seeing some of the woeful design work around the Adelaide I don't think you'll have to much trouble.
    I'd replace your illustration work in the Michael Jackson magazine piece with photographs though. It looks unprofessional with the flipping off and everything.

Mustang on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah true. I can see that. Perhaps i'll scrap it and do a fresh one. A more australian political piece could be ore interesting. Cheers

winter_combat_knight on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    new editorial piece. refined an old composition with new text and layout.

rh0u0y.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    The "In the Way" ad is pretty dull compared to the other pieces. There's a ton of empty space and not much going on as far as layout/font choices/etc.

The ATM logo is kind of strange too. Those white spaces cut out of the roof sort of look to me like they're part of other letters which makes it hard to read. It's not very iconic as far as reading as a house either. I'd consider reworking that one a bit.

DMAC on
  • BroganBrogan Registered User
    edited February 2010
    I think the 'Crazy Science' magazine/book is pretty cool looking. I agree with Mustang about the Michael Jackson flip-off, too. There's no shock value in any of that stuff anymore, so dumping that would get you more professional of a look. The artwork itself is nice though.

Brogan on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Heya folks.

I'm giving up on the drawing and have decided to make a career in graphic design. Not really. Im just in a bit of a pickle where i need work, and i cant get work doing what i love doing (illustration). So considering that i have a Uni degree in Visual Communication, i figure i may as well try getting a junior position in graphic design. I'm hoping some of you talented people will help me improve my current portfolio. Some work ive posted before, and some are new.

24gkdok.jpg

That astronaut looks a whole lot like Stephen Colbert.

MKR on