As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

President's [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skippy I know this feeling. But I have kind of narrowed down my choices to Seattle, Portland, Fort Collins, or Washington DC. Vancouver if they would take me there as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Still reading this blog.

Oh God.

You must really hate yourself.

I do.

Which part are you at now?

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Denver itself is really liberal, has a couple colleges and is pretty nice. By this I mean Denver county not the suburbs, most of them out there are conservative pricks. Boulder is nice but expensive compared to a lot of other cities. I love Fort Collins, it is the other big college town outside of Boulder. A little more conservative but not as expensive and has some of the best restaurants in the state. Also if you have ever had New Belgium Brewery beer it is made up in Fort Collins. Also intel and hp have big sites there for tech work.

Fort Collins has good restaurants? Really? All I ever see out there is just like a fucking Great Wall of Chain Restaurants.

I go out there a few times a year. My folks live there, and there are some nice things about it. The weather is nice, there is a big college, and it has a cute walkable downtown that is much more expansive than you would think.

The New Belgium beers are all right. Can't hold a candle to the Old Belgium beers and not even as good as a lot of the Northeast artisan brewers, but i guess they are pretty good compared to every other beer made west of the mississippi.

The people are pretty conservative all in all though, and there is definitely that "crazy hippies versus mad libertarians versus nutty christians" thing going on, with the conservatives always pushing some new iteration of insane yahooism and the hippies opposing it in the most annoying way possible.

i guess though that on balance it probably is a pretty decent place to live. you could move near the downtown and have walking access to at least some restaurants and bars, though because it is a western city it will still be necessary for you to drive to do any serious business, and almost every business is a big box megachin.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Still reading this blog.

Oh God.

I do.

I am just skimming. I started from the beginning. Read about how he loves bed baths.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm still narrowing down my choices to Seattle (which is apparently the PA promised land or something) or somewhere in Cali.

I've never been to either so I don't know how to make this choice easier. I suppose looking at schools and businesses in the area would be a good start.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skippy I know this feeling. But I have kind of narrowed down my choices to Seattle, Portland, Fort Collins, or Washington DC. Vancouver if they would take me there as well.

of those, DC is probably the easiest to move to because it's HQ for everything and there are lotsa jerbs

culturally, DC is pretty different from the Pacific Northwest

dunno anything about Fort COllins

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hate music I don't like

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Still reading this blog.

Oh God.

I do.

I am just skimming. I started from the beginning. Read about how he loves bed baths.

Did you read...
    The part where she talks about being on new meds and how her "tantrums" involved putting her fist through a window?

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Yay. I caught the flu from my mom when we were in the funeral procession together on Saturday.

I'm off for some more time at work.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Still reading this blog.

Oh God.

I do.

Did you read...
    The part where she talks about being on new meds and how her "tantrums" involved putting her fist through a window?

Yes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Last night I went over to my best friend's house and we dug out his sketchpads from when we were thirteen. Flipping through those was mind-blowing. We started off drawing pretty shitty, like kids do, and by the end of the pad we had gotten actually pretty decent with anatomy and perspective and so on. The thing is, we figured those books covered like years and years, like all of our adolescence, when in fact the ones we looked at went from July of '92 to like February of '94. In a little over a year we improved like 5000%. I would give anything to be able to learn something that fast again.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok so own up lud, who's ex girlfriend from this forum is this wack job?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thom, what does the string do. It looks like the bolt goes back and when it moves back forward it tugs on the string and causes the trigger to be fired again? Technically making it an automatic?

Yep, exactly that. So it converts a semi-automatic rifle to an automatic. Thus the transfer of that shoelace would cost someone $200. The story is that someone decided to be a smart ass and ask the ATF if that counted as an automatic weapon under the law. The ATF like many goverment agencies lacks a sense of humor and said, "Yes, now pay the stamp tax on that and get it registered or you can spend time in jail". So the guy did and spread the story and the picture. People assumed a hoax but the ATF for a long time stated that it was true. Later on they reversed their decision when they realized that it was somewhat silly.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes.

And she wonders why he isn't talking to her. :lol:

Gonmun on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I lived in Fort Collins for about 5 years during college and a bit afterward. There are great restaurants you just have to know where they are. Fort Collins has one of the largest restaurant to person ratio in the US. I know good Thai, Chinese, sushi, Italian , Indian and burrito(like Chipotle but not a chain) restaurants. There are some good upper level and cheap sandwich joints, too. There are the chains but you can completely ignore them and eat at all the local places if you want.

I like New Belgium beers, especially sunshine wheat and there dark beer 1554 I think. There are a bunch of micro brews made in the area. I am kind of a Fort Collins apologist since living there was one of the best times of my short life and I still have a lot of good friends there.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I bet it was Than. He seems to have a thing for crazies and always seems to defend them in any crazy ex thread. :P

Gonmun on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    also I mean

I guess I imagine most places have a mix of people?

like, San Diego is pretty conservative in general, but aside from when people were picketing to vote yes on 8 to protect the children, it hasn't enraged me too much

eh

i mean yes that must be true

but still my parents have been in Fort Collins for several years now and are pretty active in a number of clubs and they still seem to be having a fair amount of trouble finding friends and people that they really gel with.

i mean they are old people, which i guess introduces problems in really making friends, so there is that, but i think the big problem is that people are in general so into their thing out there that it's hard to really be tight with someone unless you also are into their thing. like the gun nut or the hippie or the diehard christian or really jewy jew or whatever can be a fine acquaintance, but unless you are into whatever they have made the center of their life, you will never be much more than a casual friend.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    Always love taking midterms. The instructor always says "everyone did pretty well, average was >80" and I get it back and it's a 60. Why do I even study for exams? I've never scored well on an exam I studied for.
    or he doesn't know how to average test scores properly

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I bet it was Than. He seems to have a thing for crazies and always seems to defend them in any crazy ex thread. :P

Wouldn't that require him to actually sleep with a woman... Besides name doesn't match.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010

of those, DC is probably the easiest to move to because it's HQ for everything and there are lotsa jerbs

DC is great. especially great for a young dude - there are eligible ladies a plenty out DC-a-ways. it is a fun town with a lot to do.

it is wicked expensive though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I should order the Edgeworth game I guess

Elendil on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

i think portland is the good choice.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2010

hey link this blog i don't have the link.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

DC is great. especially great for a young dude - there are eligible ladies a plenty out DC-a-ways. it is a fun town with a lot to do.

I won't move there till I have a job there but at least I have a guaranteed roommate if I do since probably my best friend since I was 11 lives out there now and he ain't leaving anytime soon since he has a secure job that pays well and has benefits.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

All I have to say is that it's not me.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Hedging your bets?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010

i don't think than has ever dated anyone or anything like ever.

maybe he has gone to a movie with a group of people that was mostly dudes at one point. but it was a dollar movie.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    okay guys it's me

Elendil on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would feel weird moving to DC since that's where my ex moved to.

Like I personally wouldn't mind it at all but I have a feeling other people would get the wrong idea.

This may be an irrational fear.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    Always love taking midterms. The instructor always says "everyone did pretty well, average was >80" and I get it back and it's a 60. Why do I even study for exams? I've never scored well on an exam I studied for.
    or he doesn't know how to average test scores properly

Wish that were the case. :P

This is for every class.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I want to live in New York with podly

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I won't move there till I have a job there but at least I have a guaranteed roommate if I do since probably my best friend since I was 11 lives out there now and he ain't leaving anytime soon since he has a secure job that pays well and has benefits.

dude go crash with your buddy for a month and find a job. that is what i did.

i ended up crashing on my brother's couch for probably three days before i got my own (cheap, temporary) place (in the hood).

It is basically impossible for a young dude to find a job from across the country, especially in this economy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Irrational fear, DC is such a large place you probably wouldn't even bump into her.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

4. Brian thinks he can trade one vagina for another vagina-- so interchangeable.

Clearly not true. Some are tighter then others, some clearly have better muscle control then others. Clearly the spec for them is way too broad for them to be interchangeable.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Hedging your bets?

man i have definitely had some whack job exes.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pancakes and Planes, Trains and Automobiles on TV!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was actually wondering about this earlier; when you say "a lot to do," what exactly do you mean?

Bama on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I would feel weird moving to DC since that's where my ex moved to.

Like I personally wouldn't mind it at all but I have a feeling other people would get the wrong idea.

This may be an irrational fear.

it is a big city you would never see her if you didn't seek her out

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    What's going on? Is there forum drama abound?

JustinSane07 on
This discussion has been closed.