As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone Bejeweled without a data plan

tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm located in Toronto and using Rogers. I just recently cancelled the data plan for my iPhone because it was getting a little too expensive. But now whenever I launch Bejeweled Blitz, the facebook connection page that usually pops up has turned into a Rogers mobile data "day pass" prompt. It basically forces me to choose either a "day pass" or "subscribe to a $25 a month plan". There's no option to cancel and move past it without connecting to facebook. Does anybody know a way that I can keep playing without that prompt?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tinyfist on

• Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Can you connect to a WiFi connection with your iPhone and turn off the facebook connection?

I imagine it's trying to connect to facebook over 3G. Probably if you turn it off, it won't do it, going forward.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Or switch to airplane mode to play games.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I tried turning off the 3G to see if it would, but it still brings up the prompt over EDGE. Usually it's just a facebook login prompt, and I can hit cancel but now there's no option to skip it. And I have to get past it before I can even get to the "Play Offline" menu button.

I can play if I turn on Airplane Mode, but I'd rather not miss calls while I'm playing.

I can't think of any other solution.

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]