As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unable to Reinstall Blackberry OS

TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
Hello fine people of Moe's Tech Tavern,
My Blackberry 8120 has crashed. I tried to reload the OS and it keeps resetting. I'm able to get my PC to recognize the phone as per this article, but every time I attempt to use the loader to reinstall the OS my phone will reset, breaking the connection.

HALP!

TL DR on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Did you download the latest desktop software to reload it? If that doesn't work you can try the web loader (blackberry.com/upgrade/) and if that doesn't work go bitch at your service provider to replace it.

JAEF on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tried the blackberry.com/upgrade loader and got the same results. Once the loader gets to actually loading the application modules, the phone will reboot after a second or two and the loader bitches that the connection is broken. At this point the phone displays a 507 error and I can click 'retry' to start the transfer again for a few seconds until it reboots again.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

edit: Anyone know if it's possible to boot a BB off an SD card?

TL DR on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Have you tried wiping it out completely with Jl_Cmder before trying to restore the OS on it?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Have you tried wiping it out completely with Jl_Cmder before trying to restore the OS on it?

Yep.

So strange that it will sit at the 507 screen until I actually try to continue loading the OS and then it resets.

TL DR on
  • Options
    FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Its fucked, theres some errors that cant be fixed, could be a hardware problem.

FingerSlut on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I had the same problem go down on a Flip twice, there must be some hardware chip that can die. Anyways the Rogers guys said the phone was a write off. Second time it died, it was out of warranty FFFFUUUUUUUUU

Robman on