As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Anyone interested in playing BSG?

AKelkAKelk Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Critical Failures
Hi, everyone. First time for me posting on these forums, but I've done a lot of lurking, particularly to read your great BSG threads. As of the time of this posting, it is 7:00 PM EST, and I am looking for players so I can run a game of BSG over some sort of chat program. (AIM, online chat, IRC, basically whatever is most convenient.)

I am hoping to scrounge up anywhere between 4-10 people, and own both the Core game and the Pegasus expansion. I don't know if anything will come of this at all, but I'll be checking this thread for the next couple of hours to guage interest. I would be happy to hear suggestions for which program would work best for running a game online, and, if people want to suggest rules variants or preferences (ie. No New Caprica), that would be fine as well.

If I get enough response in a short enough time, I believe I could begin a game tonight, any time up to about 11:00 EST for a start time, if not, I would certainly be willing to discuss scheduling a time in the next 2-3 days.

And I WOULD offer to run a PBP game, but I tried that once, and don't really have the urge to devote time for the next 1-4 months.

Anyway, ramble off, hope I get at least one or two replies.

AKelk on

• HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    BSG was pretty big here for awhile, but it seems to have died off.

I would love to play, but because of my timezone (NZ), I cant do it live.

Hippie on
  • AKelkAKelk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I noticed the threads are none too recent. It's a real shame. I got into BSG because of some of the great games I saw online, but unfortunately havn't had many opportunities to actually play the game live. I was bored tonight and figured I'd jst pop on and see if anyone was up for a game.

Thanks for the reply, btw. Sorry your timezone precludes you as a player.

AKelk on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    We have a boardgames thread. If you're going to find interest anywhere, I think it would be there. :) Good luck.

admanb on
    edited February 2010
    Thanks. I posted in the linked thrad, and will be checking on both threads periodically.

AKelk on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure if you'll find much interest in playing IRC/chat BSG unless it's the weekend or it's well planned. I know that there were a couple of IRC games played with people on the boards (I participated in one of them) and they can take a very long time, much longer than the game lengths that you may be used to in meatspace play. A 2-3 hour game can stretch to twice that limit over IRC... just a heads up.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited February 2010
    I appreciate the sitrep, Blarney, and I know getting a game together on the quick is very unlikely. Still, my own schedule currently allows a lot of leeway, and, whil I'm not interested in months of work, 4-6 hours wouldn't run me ragged :) For now, at least, I'll hold out hope that I might be able to harangue a few people into a fun-filled game of betrayal, robots and spaceships.

AKelk on