Options

24: Day 6: Jack Goes For The Throat

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well I only did it be careful since the first realspoiler was an allusion to a future episode event.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:83064b9099]If the kid turns out to be Jack's, 24 might just manage to truly jump the shark.[/spoiler:83064b9099]

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Why are we realspoilering random speculation and plot points from last season?

I always forget exactly what has to be real spoilered and what is fine to leave open, so using real spoilers is really just me being lazy.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    [spoiler:9c8c38ad6e]If the kid turns out to be Jack's, 24 might just manage to truly jump the shark.[/spoiler:9c8c38ad6e]
    Why? Jack's Semen is as unstoppable as his shooting hand.

yakul on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well it might not be a secret that it's jack's kid?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ... what the fuck? is that a spoiler or not?

if it's speculation then, whatever... but it was not made clear on the show and I guess it might as well be made clear whether or not it's definitely true or just an idea.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sorry that was pure speculation based on the previous stuff. I am confused by this spoiler stuff.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    im not mad hehe, know I sounded mad... just I want to know if I hadsomething specific spoiled.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man this show keeps getting better.

[spoiler:a83678c4c8]JACK: Hey bro, its me Jack.
    BROTHER: Wow man, its been years... How was China?
    JACK: Yeah... Hey look, where's dad?
    BROTHER: I dont know.
    JACK: Dont be a dick, that might have been funny when we were kids, but this is important!
    BROTHER: I still dont know, and he left his cell behind.
    JACK: Thats it you fucker, I'm totally torturing you now and stealing your wife.[/spoiler:a83678c4c8]

The more stupid this gets, the more fun I have.
    Seriously though,
    [spoiler:a83678c4c8]It was pretty nuts how fast jack decided to torture his own brother[/spoiler:a83678c4c8]

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dude he's connecting the dots from CTU's intel. Throughout the series its been proven mostly infallible. [spoiler:478c977f8a]Graham sees Jack after he's been in prison and as good as dead and he's all like, 'Lol what's up wanna hang bro?. Graham's acting all shady so of course he's gonna get beat on. Remember Jack Bauer is the guy that shot his best friend's wife in the leg to prove he wasn't going to mess around. As long as he doesn't have to cut his brother's throat or kill the wife or son he's gonna take it all in stride[/spoiler:478c977f8a]

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    About brotherly love...

[spoiler:189b8de9a0] I figure Jack knows his brother enough to know when the guy is putting on a show, I know when my brother is lying to me, I figure it's the same with Jack. [/spoiler:189b8de9a0]

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Preacher wrote:
    About brotherly love...

[spoiler:90039038ee] I figure Jack knows his brother enough to know when the guy is putting on a show, I know when my brother is lying to me, I figure it's the same with Jack. [/spoiler:90039038ee]
    [spoiler:90039038ee]It's also pretty obvious that Jack has had some bad history with his brother already. I imagine it was both professional and personal - so torturing him isn't a HUGE leap considering what he has done in the past (and considering his already scarred mental state from being tortured in China for so long).[/spoiler:90039038ee]

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Big Dookie wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    About brotherly love...

[spoiler:fc9937b1ac] I figure Jack knows his brother enough to know when the guy is putting on a show, I know when my brother is lying to me, I figure it's the same with Jack. [/spoiler:fc9937b1ac]
    [spoiler:fc9937b1ac]It's also pretty obvious that Jack has had some bad history with his brother already. I imagine it was both professional and personal - so torturing him isn't a HUGE leap considering what he has done in the past (and considering his already scarred mental state from being tortured in China for so long).[/spoiler:fc9937b1ac]

[spoiler:fc9937b1ac] Yeah I tell you if I got out of getting tortured the best way to get back into the swing of administering physical justice would be to fuck up my brother, well if my brother was an asshole like Graham [/spoiler:fc9937b1ac]

Is Graham's wife the same person playing the wife of Nathan Petrelli in Heroes? Or is my vision that fucked up?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Preacher wrote:
    Is Graham's wife the same person playing the wife of Nathan Petrelli in Heroes? Or is my vision that fucked up?
    I haven't watched Heroes much, but I'd say it's not likely. Most networks force regular characters on primetime shows to sign exclusivity contracts. 24 might be able to get around this if they consider her a "guest" star, but it isn't likely.

[realspoiler:26eccd91ca]This is probably why Peter MacNicol was written out of "Numbers" on CBS for this half of the season - so he could play the president's advisor on 24. However, his part on Numbers seems to imply that it's only a temporary leave, so I have a feeling he won't be back for 24 next season.[/realspoiler:26eccd91ca]

Of course, everything depends on the contract, so it IS possible. But not likely.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think, in the end, Jack will turn out to be the mastermind behind everything that happened in the last six seasons.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    I think, in the end, Jack will turn out to be the mastermind behind everything that happened in the last six seasons.

hahaha

That would be perfect, wouldn't it

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Preacher wrote:

It's the same actress. Her name is Rena Sofer.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ok thank god, for a second there I was starting to doubt myself.

From the trailer next week...

[realspoiler:941b0c303b] Seeing Jack on the ground about to get capped and daddy coming in to save him (stop his own men apparently) makes me think his father is hiding out for some reason. I am hoping it's because Graham turned on his own blood and his father is fearing for his own life, if Father Bauer is involved then I think it's official Jack has the worst fucking family EVER! [/realspoiler:941b0c303b]

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

It's the same actress. Her name is Rena Sofer.
    Well, I stand corrected.

Although it definitely surprises me.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [realspoiler:2e9fedf463]There is resonable suspicion that Graham might be getting iced in the next episode.Man, he's jackass.[/realspoiler:2e9fedf463]

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!

*Bangs head on Table*

I missed this week's episode too! I only caught the 4 first episodes this season. God! How could I have forgotten!

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I had Tivo'd last nights episode and we had an amber alert for the entire state of Arizona and had a voiceover at the end of this show as well as Heroes :(

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Maybe the show seems less ridiculous when you watch it on DVD and can watch one episode right after another, but this season seems pretty ridiculous to me.

[spoiler:51a617e28f]I mean, honestly, on a day when the country has been nuked and there are four more nukes out there, the government decides to make it impossible for all of their middle-eastern employees to do their jobs, even the ones that they know they can trust?

And Karen resigns because otherwise it would be bad for her/Bill? Umm...I feel like it's pretty bad for the career of the Secretary of Defense to resign on the very day that a nuke goes off on US soil. Couldn't she have just gone to Wayne and said, "your Chief of Staff is doing things without your approval and is attempting to force me to resign. Maybe you should look into getting a new one who doesn't do things behind your back."

Oh, and since when is it that easy for two people to jump Jack Bauer?

One last thing. Now that Walid basically is out of the picture, they better give Sandra a real storyline, because otherwise it seems like her only purpose was to be really fucking irritating.[/spoiler:51a617e28f]

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    Maybe the show seems less ridiculous when you watch it on DVD and can watch one episode right after another, but this season seems pretty ridiculous to me.

[spoiler:a792c65d02]I mean, honestly, on a day when the country has been nuked and there are four more nukes out there, the government decides to make it impossible for all of their middle-eastern employees to do their jobs, even the ones that they know they can trust?

And Karen resigns because otherwise it would be bad for her/Bill? Umm...I feel like it's pretty bad for the career of the Secretary of Defense to resign on the very day that a nuke goes off on US soil. Couldn't she have just gone to Wayne and said, "your Chief of Staff is doing things without your approval and is attempting to force me to resign. Maybe you should look into getting a new one who doesn't do things behind your back."

Oh, and since when is it that easy for two people to jump Jack Bauer?

One last thing. Now that Walid basically is out of the picture, they better give Sandra a real storyline, because otherwise it seems like her only purpose was to be really fucking irritating.[/spoiler:a792c65d02]

[spoiler:a792c65d02]Because he didn't see them. Also watch the previews for the next episode. :^: :^: :^: [/spoiler:a792c65d02]

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Purely speculation

[spoiler:2934421d3b] So does anyone else think something is going to go down with Nadia? They put up all these extra security features and Milo ups and gives her his user name and password. They made it seem like too big of a deal to pass off as helping someone do their job…[/spoiler:2934421d3b]

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!

*Bangs head on Table*

I missed this week's episode too! I only caught the 4 first episodes this season. God! How could I have forgotten!
    For those who have missed episodes of this season, Fox seems to be using myspace to their advantage by posting episodes online there.

http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/24/index.html

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Awesome. I was semi-conscious on Monday night, kept nodding off during commercials, so I'll have to watch last weeks episode again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    my theory [spoiler:1d13573625] Jacks dad is some kind of deep-cover agent investigating graham [/spoiler:1d13573625]

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Speculation based on mondays episode/trailer for next weeks.

[spoiler:af5205735c] Graham is more involved then he confessed to his father and Jack, and Graham will probably be coughing up the beans to his involvment in last years plot after some intense looking Jack torture [/spoiler:af5205735c]

About Milo

[spoiler:af5205735c] I think if there's anyone whos a traitor it will turn out to be milo, giving middle eastern chick his password and login now gives him free reign to blame her should he get caught thus deflecting any blame, though I really hope there isn't another freaking traitor at ctu [/spoiler:af5205735c]

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:ea952b3a3f] Jacks dad is some kind of deep-cover agent investigating graham [/spoiler:ea952b3a3f]

[spoiler:ea952b3a3f]If this is the case, then obviously he sucks and Jack must have been adopted.[/spoiler:ea952b3a3f]

mcdermott on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Where can I find previews for next week's episode?
    Also,
    [spoiler:1d2d69ea6a]I really hope there's not ANOTHER mole in CTU. They really played that to death in the previous seasons. Oh, and I think Jack hasn't shot nearly enough people yet.[/spoiler:1d2d69ea6a]

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hamju wrote:
    Where can I find previews for next week's episode?
    Also,
    [spoiler:d7950e4e74]I really hope there's not ANOTHER mole in CTU. They really played that to death in the previous seasons. Oh, and I think Jack hasn't shot nearly enough people yet.[/spoiler:d7950e4e74]

[spoiler:d7950e4e74]he makes up for the lack of shootings with his jugular attacks [/spoiler:d7950e4e74]

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I figure Jack's working his way up to a full out season one style shoot out with some bad guys. It's been building I figure we'll get some bitching Sean Callery and then the bad dudes start dropping like a Jack Bauer girlfriend.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    I highly doubt that Milo is a traitor. He was Chloe's boyfriend last season, right? That would be kind of dumb.

If anything, ME chick will be a traitor and will do shit using his log-in while blaming it on Milo. But that would be dumb as well. I doubt there's a CTU mole, but if there is, I don't think it's either of them.

I bet it's [spoiler:ba72ae5a74]Bill![/spoiler:ba72ae5a74]

[spoiler:ba72ae5a74]See how retarded it is to spoiler-tag speculation?[/spoiler:ba72ae5a74]

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well I figured Milo could be a possible traitor, and Chloe and his relationship was off camera. I like Morris and I hope he isn't a traitor since he was the italian godfather in boondock saints, his british? Accent is awesome and his dismissive nature of everyone is rocking, he's like edgar without the fat and annoying jersey accent.

I really hope there isn't a mole this season as that angle has been played and played again. The first time it was shocking, the follow up times it's like "Jesus what does it take to work at CTU 60 words a minute and not killing someone within a couple of days of employment?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just saw Ep7. For those interested, I can confirm that next show... (rather minor spoiler regarding Graham's involvement in season 5)

[spoiler:8e048f9aa1]Jack does find out that Graham was involved with the murders of Palmer, Tony and Michelle.[/spoiler:8e048f9aa1]

Also... [realspoiler:8e048f9aa1]It seems Jack's father is more involved with Graham than we suspected, as he does know about all that too... but Jack doesn't know that.[/realspoiler:8e048f9aa1]

Loved ep6. Awesome episode, huge pick-up from the rather slow Episode 5.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Preacher wrote:
    "Jesus what does it take to work at CTU 60 words a minute and not killing someone within a couple of days of employment?"

Well, it also helps to not have a Middle Eastern surname.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    "Hello my name is Omar Willbetrayyouandkilleveryone, can I work at your lovely organization?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Preacher wrote:
    "Hello my name is Omar Willbetrayyouandkilleveryone, can I work at your lovely organization?"

I think that's actually a Scandanavian last name, so he'd be okay.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hilarious Jeffe.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net