Options

[Chat] to Kill

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man, there is nothing like eggs the morning after a night of binge drinking.

Yes. This.

God damn I love the beach house I party at because you know, you wake up on the kitchen floor, feeling like hell, stumble over some passed out people out the back and the you can smell and hear the ocean and see the blue sky and you shamble over to the jack in the box that is like a quarter of a block away and get a breakfast jack and mmm.

Holy shit, that sounds great.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    White people like dirty vodka martinis, overpriced blended scotch, and non-acidic fruitbomb wine.

White people have shitty liquor tastes too.

yeah i guess so

i am just saying that i don't think i would trust by black friends to pick up the booze for a party is what i am saying

but if they volunteered to pick up the food i would be all over that

:(

do you have good taste in drinks due?

you might! your taste in clothes is not what i would call stereotypical african-american.

Will.

I am drinks.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    really creepy btw.

srsly

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    i don't like any alcohol really

but tequila i can't stomach

beyond the flavor it just makes me vomit before i even really hit full blown drunk

Organichu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Never seen liberty vance, but I've seen Tomb Stone, The Magnificent 7, Shane, and all sorts of classic and highly rated westerns. Just never did it for me. The pacing is always too slow then too fast.

I like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, but not a whole lot.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    James wrote: »
    drinking several glasses of water will probably wake you up to pee but it will do wonders to prevent a hangover

also greasy breakfast the next day

with sweet tea if possible

Yeah, bacon and eggs and hashbrowns is the best hangover breakfast.

Cigarettes, coffee, water, and a Saline IV is the best remedy for a hangover.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    blech

I do not want to drink this last double-sized beer

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Thin Mints are the best Girl Scout cookie

They must be refrigerated and served cold

Caramel Delights were the highlight of my childhood.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would love a real western. chinese immigrants and everything

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Taranis wrote: »
    I saw Second City perform in Atlanta a few days before Christmas. One of their improvisers was black.

He was the funniest/best improviser.

yeah this is usually the case. white people love doing improv, they think it's all fun and wacky and different and shit so it tends to attract some crazies.

at an improv festival it's usually a game of spot the minority.

Really good improv is pretty tough. You really have to have a pretty good idea of how the other people are going to think if you're going to actually produce something funny.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I used to have a Dairy Queen basically in my apartment parking lot.

It was great.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

beyond the flavor it just makes me vomit before i even really hit full blown drunk

What about a margarita. Should make it easier.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I want to go to school full time. I wonder if I can do that.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    You know, I've hated westerns all my life. I don't now if its because my dad loves westerns or because I'm a yankee or what, but they just never did it for me.

yeah i never liked them either

i think that they centrally feature themes that i kind of disagree with on some level

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Notch wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Thin Mints are the best Girl Scout cookie

They must be refrigerated and served cold

Caramel Delights were the highlight of my childhood.

Oh those are good too.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Things which may be indicative of a problem:

GF calls; I wake up and answer phone. We talk for about 8 minutes about our days. She gets quiet. I ask what is wrong.

She says, "Everything you are saying is irritating me...and I do not know why."
    I say, "Oh. I'm sorry.
    She says, "It may just be that i'm tired. I'm going to go."
    I say, "uh, ok."
    She says, "bye" and hangs up.

That seems to be the opposite of healthy.

_J_ on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hm. Next Darker than Black or should I cave and watch the latest FMA: Brotherhood?

Decide just what kind of weeaboo I should be tonight.

Quid on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Notch wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    drinking several glasses of water will probably wake you up to pee but it will do wonders to prevent a hangover

also greasy breakfast the next day

with sweet tea if possible

Yeah, bacon and eggs and hashbrowns is the best hangover breakfast.

Don't you mean best breakfast in general?

The best breakfast in general involves english muffins and blackberry jam.

James on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You know, I've hated westerns all my life. I don't now if its because my dad loves westerns or because I'm a yankee or what, but they just never did it for me.

yeah i never liked them either

i think that they centrally feature themes that i kind of disagree with on some level

For older westerns is mostly the racism that bugs me.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Also anybody who hates Westerns probably hasn't seen enough great Westerns. I used to be totally and entirely disinterested in the genre. But then I saw a few good ones and I am totally hooked.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    J, were you contemplating the nature of day vs night and if the concepts exist independently of human observation?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would love a real western. chinese immigrants and everything

hehehe, me too. I find frontier culture FAAAAAAR more fascinating than cowboy mythology.

But westerns are one of those things I'm willing to believe are very good but just don't click with me.

Like mushrooms. I think mushrooms are delicious, I just don't like them.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like westerns because sometimes you just like some fantasy machismo

I think it is the same reason I love The Last Samurai

like, that shit is not real

but damn if you don't shed a manly tear for the honor of it all

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

GF calls; I wake up and answer phone. We talk for about 8 minutes about our days. She gets quiet. I ask what is wrong.

I say, "Oh. I'm sorry.
    I say, "uh, ok."

Opposite of healthy is that she's dating you.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also, deadwood

duh

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

What about a margarita. Should make it easier.

they're tolerable

but amongst all the disgusting boozes and mixed drinks of the world there are some i find less gross than anything with tequila

so i just don't go for anything w/ tequila

Organichu on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I say, "Oh. I'm sorry.
    I say, "uh, ok."

Hi5

Quid on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Only one, though.

moniker on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I say, "Oh. I'm sorry.
    I say, "uh, ok."

If people are really tired they can become irritated very easily.

James on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Margaritas are so good.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    do you have good taste in drinks due?

you might! your taste in clothes is not what i would call stereotypical african-american.

Will.

I am drinks.

so it's not like chugging courvosier out of the bottle and hypnotiq and that kind of stuff then right?

my neighbor at my last address would just chug cognac and whatever kind of horrendous fruit liqueur we had handy. it was kind of embarrassing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    J, were you contemplating the nature of day vs night and if the concepts exist independently of human observation?

No.

She was complaining about having to wake up at 4 in the morning so that she could get to campus by 6 so that she could teach a section of logic at 8 for some guy who bailed on teaching his section.

And I said "Um, I could drive you to campus at 7. So then you could sleep a bit more."

And she started yelling at me that it was impossible for that to happen, or something.

A regular part of our interractions now is that she yells at me for being "too nice" and "too helpful".

Which is, I think, by definition an impossibility.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I prefer to get my macho dose in cop procedurals

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quid wrote: »

I say, "Oh. I'm sorry.
    I say, "uh, ok."

Hi5

There may be some truth in there.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also, deadwood

duh

Deadwood is amazing but it's almost not even in the Western genre. It's in the setting not the genre. You know what I mean?

There are some excellent old John Wayne ones, nobody beats Clint Eastwood's evil eye, but I think I actually enjoy some of the more recent movies most of all.

Unforgiven might be the best Western ever made.

OremLK on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Never seen liberty vance, but I've seen Tomb Stone, The Magnificent 7, Shane, and all sorts of classic and highly rated westerns. Just never did it for me. The pacing is always too slow then too fast.

Tombstone is a very, very mediocre Western. It's the white bread of westerns. But you didn't enjoy Shane? I know a lot of people tend to be dismissive of it because at it's surface it's a very stereotypical western but then again a lot of people seem to miss the romance between Shane and Marian.

Woody Allen discusses it's greatness rather better then I can.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Margaritas are so good.

You don't get to say the plural of margaritas, considering you've never consumed two full ones.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Okay, so, Greed Corp, impressions so far. I really like it. I feel like I'm only scratching the surface of the games strategy. What I really like about it is that the game contains ZERO luck. There are no percentage chances of hitting or missing, no random factors, no dice rolls. Combat is simple and intuitive, the strategy I find quite interesting. One thing I like quite a lot is that it is basically impossible for the game to stale mate, and that the game favors the attacker in tied situations. Having the map itself be a finite resource that depletes as the game goes on is simply a stroke of genius in my opinion.

Also I'm highly considering trying to figure out a way to make a board game version of the game.

this game sounds like it appeals to my interests.

what's the basic premise?

Okay, it's basically a turn based online board game on XBLA for up to 4 players. The basic premise is to be the last man standing. The game board is divided up into hexes, and every hex has a height statistic. You have a limited pool of things you can build. Harvesters, walkers, turrets, armories, shells and transports.

It is important to know now that every hex has a height statistic that is represented in pips.

Harvesters give you +2 money for the hex they are on and every hex they are touching. However, as part of the harvesting process all of those hexes lose one height. When a hex hit zero height, it is destroyed. So, you need to balance resource gathering with maintaining board position. Also, yes, harvesters can be used offensively by building one in the middle of an enemy base. :lol:

Walkers are your dudes that move, your soldiers. They move like, 4 hexes. However, you can only go into a neutral hex or enemy hex if you are adjacent to that hex. This acts as a buffer that slows down advancing. When a walker moves into a hex it becomes your hex and you can now build in that hex. Combat between walkers is VERY simple. If I have 10 walkers and throw them at your 5 walkers, 5 of my walkers will die and I will gain the hex. If we tie, all the walkers die but I still get the hex. A hex can contain a max of 16 walkers.

Turrets are stationary and have a certain range (I don't know how long exactly yet) and shoot shells. Shells kill 5 walkers in a hex and lower that hexes height by one. If this blows up a hex, ALL other adjacent hexes that were also at 1 height also blow up. This can make crazy chain reactions, and makes the order that you lob shells at hexes very important. A shell also costs 20 money, walkers costs 2, for the record.

Armories are stationary buildings that let you build walkers. Each armory can build up to 8 walkers per turn.

Shells are built at turrets. It's worth noting that nothing can be used the turn it is built. So, if you build a turret, the next turn you can build ammo for it, and the turn after that you can shoot the ammo you built for it.

Transports cost 50 and are one time use, and you can store up to 3. It lets you move up to one hex worth of walkers from one location to any other location on the map. Very important to break up fortified areas (remember ties go to the attacker so no hex is ever truly safe) or to get to new areas of the map after the linking areas have been destroyed.

So, like I said, really interesting stuff.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

The Good The Bad and the Ugly was a pretty good one

probably the best one

though i have been told that liberty valance and the shootist were good as well

i didn't like the maginficent seven because it is a really pale imitator of seven samurai

but i have a kind of soft spot for a fistful of dollars and a few dollars more even though they are ripoffs of yojimbo and sanjuro

maybe because yojimbo and sanjuro are kind of fun frivolous movies to start with

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    theres alot of snow outside.

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.