As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(Interest/Recruitment)Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition- The Rising Cost of Justice

SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Critical Failures
Since there seem to be a number of pbp campaigns running at the moment I thought I'd put forward something of a different flavor from those currently running. Since I've recently come into possession of a copy of the 2nd Edition of Mutants and Masterminds it seemed as good a time as any to use it. I'm not certain how many people will be interested in this so sort of thing so I'm using a wide team number range, a minimum of 3 players or a maximum of 8. I'd like to take on as many people as possible quite frankly. Fair warning though I've never GMed a pbp or a Mutants and Masterminds campaign, however I have run several games using different systems in real life.

My plan is for this to be a power level 10 game meaning each player has 150 power points available to them to be used during character creation. Players may give their characters drawbacks for additional power points. Characters will be chosen based on their creativity so go all out and everyone make something interesting as I've seen in other threads, I'll be taking my favorites from those put forward. As a special note if anyone would like to coordinate with other players and submit characters as an existing team you're free to do so. I will give serious thought to taking on your teams but there is no guarantee of that happening. All character sheets should be completed on Myth-Weavers and a link to it should be posted in your submission. Rolls will be made on Invisible Castle.

Please provide some basic information about your character including name, secret identity, age, sex, powers, background, and appearance.

Please be sure to let me know what your availability is for posting as well as any games you're currently involved in on this forum. Preference will be given to players who aren't currently involved in any games but being in one doesn't mean you're banned or anything. Also providing a picture of your character for a token would be lovely.

Recruitment begins today and will end promptly at 1 P.M. March 5 meaning everyone has roughly a week to submit their heroes.

Campaign Information
The Rising Cost of Justice
For more than a decade the heroine known simply as Justice has kept the scum and villainy of Titan hidden in the shadowed alleys of her city. Until a month ago. A month ago Justice stopped appearing and the city started it's rapid transformation from a thriving metropolis into a a war zone. Now three rival crime lords and their small armies are battling in the streets for supremacy and trying to determine which is willing to pay the most blood in order to rule Titan. It's been left to the other heroes of the city to keep the citizenry caught in the middle alive. As one of those heroes can you saves lives? Will you be able to discover what fate has befallen Justice? Or will you fall victim to the many threats of Titan as well?

City Information
Titan is a very large coastal city that started as a small village more than a hundred years ago and managed to grow with the times into a force to be reckoned with anywhere in the world. A shipload of families on route from Greece were blown of course in a storm and their ship crashed in a secluded bay far from any of the existing colonies in America in the year 1707. These were the first citizens of Titan who used the hull of their ship to shield them from the elements while building the first structures of their new home. Over time numerous industries developed, among them a large quarry which provided stone for the city as well as trade with developing cities. As stone buildings began rising ad the city grew the greek influence on the architecture was obvious.

In the 1950's Titan built it's first nuclear reactor which served to meet the cities growing energy needs as it's population swelled. It was also in this period that the first superhumans began appearing within the city limits. Until the end of the millennium the various heroes and villains who fought their private wars on the rooftops of Titan were viewed as a threat to public safety and a general nuisance.

When the Mayor Wintergreen took office in 2001 her establishment of the RSRU was questioned but when the organization started getting results the new mayor found massive support. It was also around this time that the crime fighter known as Justice began appearing in Titan. For the first time the villains of Titan had serious opposition in their endeavors leading to an era of peace.

Places
Atlantis
A popular nightclub/restaurant owned and operated by Maximus Pluto. Citizens flock there in droves hoping to gain entry if only for the unique atmosphere as the club is built on the ocean floor beneath the waters surrounding Titan. Heavily reinforced glass grants patrons a stunning view of the ocean depths during their visit and the food is prepared by world class gourmet chefs. For those who can afford the price of admission Atlantis is a must see.

Chimera Laboratories
Contained in a trio of mammoth skyscrapers which a small army of scientists live and work in Chimera Labs is at the forefront of discovery in nearly every branch of science known to man with a staff claiming many of the brightest minds of the generation. Fortunately in a city under siege by living experiments gone awry, mad scientists, and devastating devices they are well equipped for dealing with such problems.

Gaea Park
The oldest and by far largest park located in Titan it is a popular location for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a place for outdoor activities. Unfortunately it's size and the abundance of secluded hideaways have made it a popular spot for some criminal activities over the years.

Glass Island Maximum Security Prison
Located on a sandbar that has been known for it's regular bombardment with lightning since the first settlers came landed. At one point the island was fitted with lightning rods and used to create glass for the cities construction or trade. Now it serves a different purpose. Heavily fortified and entirely self sufficient the prison built here in 1905 is home to the captured supervillains and mundane criminals of Titan.

Museum of Unnatural History
A collection of strange, mysterious, or ancient artifacts plucked from the tombs of ancient kings long dead and ruins scattered the across the globe. The museum is home to hundreds of priceless objects most of which claim some sort of arcane power or history making it a popular attraction for many of those visiting Titan. Of course the promise of magical powers fueled by such artifacts has on occasion tempted some of Titan's less honest citizens as well...

Prometheus Power Plant
The only nuclear power plant in Titan it is situated in the harbor as a safety precaution and to ensure it remains secluded from the fist fights of super strong individuals. This facility provides the city with most of it's electricity and has done so since it first opened.

Sintara

Organizations
Daughters of the Atom
A group of prominent female scientists who live and work in Titan, they meet once a week to discuss various areas of study ranging from nuclear physics to biology. Founded in 1958 the group met in the home of nuclear physicist Susan Kret who oversaw the cities first nuclear facility.

RSRU(Rapid Superhuman Response Unit)
A branch of the police started under the term of Mayor Hardwick they are specially trained and equipped for dealing with the heroes and villains of the world. Many questioned the wisdom of pitting normal men and women against super powered criminals but they've proven themselves quite capable.

The Harpies
An all female gang that has operated out of Titan for many years their members are each altered magically as part of their initiation into the group. Each of them become winged and taloned creatures that fancy themselves the rulers of Titan's skies. In truth they are little more than a nuisance and their plans routinely fail due to treachery from within the organization.

Prominent People
Mayor Elizabeth Hardwick
At age 59 Mayor Hardwick is in her fifth term as Mayor of Titan and she has earned a great deal of popularity for her creative approach to the superhuman issue. She worked her way up the political ranks starting as a secretary for one of the former mayors after college.

Justice
Blindfolded, silent, and wielding a sword the mysterious hero known as Justice has crossed the streets of Titan for a decade keeping the crime of the city under control. She is skilled, driven, and tales of her exploits describe her as having any number of unconfirmed super powers.

Brian Moone
Lawyer to the high profile super criminals of the world Moone's formidable reputation is well earned, he's charming and skilled at using the justice system to his advantage. In his youth he aspired to putting criminals behind bars and even had a prominent relationship with the hero Justice. Ultimately he was swayed from this course by a desire for wealth and power. His private law firm is directly responsible for freeing countless villains every year earning him the scorn of many but his prominent charity work casts a great deal of public favor towards him. On occasion attempts have been made to connect him to the criminal underworld of Titan but they have met with utter failure.

Flytrap
A madman driven by his goal of creating powerful plant/human hybrids in order to ensure the survival of both species he uses crime as a method to fund his research. His powers allow him to control plants and he commands any number of horrific scientific dead ends which he uses as muscle. Much of his past is lost in the recesses of his shattered mind including how he was granted his abilities as well as what brought him to Titan. It is a fairly well known fact that he operates from a base hidden somewhere beneath the streets of the city itself, his deformed children are often spotted wandering the sewers.

Masquerade
A female shapeshifter who never wears the same face twice and commands a small army through numerous lieutenants. Her criminal exploits include industrial espionage, blackmail, murder, and kidnapping.

Cobalt
An accident at the Prometheus Power Plant transformed Daniel Fahs from a gangly nobody into a metal skinned radioactive powerhouse. At first Cobalt thought to use his newfound powers for his own good by robbing banks but when a customer was injured during one of his robberies he turned himself into the police. His trial and prison term were treated with a great deal of media attention until his release. At a press conference following his release when asked what he planned to do with his freedom his response was "Help." Ever since then he has served as a hammer breaking down the walls of criminal empires all over Titan.

Lark
Over the last year there have been dozens of sightings of a young woman in costume darting across the rooftops of Titan. The newest heroine of the city has managed to avoid the public eye to a great degree but the criminals she leaves trussed up in front of police stations across town are turning her into a legend with each day.

The Copper Crab
During WWII numerous attempts were made by German forces to gain access to Titan through their harbor in the hopes of gaining a strong foothold on American soil. Each and every attempt was thwarted by the hero known as the Copper Crab. The first vigilante to claim this title fought toe to toe with the Axis of Evil throughout the war until he met his demise destroying a fleet of U-boats attempting a last ditch effort at invasion. Decades passed and a second hero took up the legacy of the Copper Crab this time a man who wielded fantastic technology rather than relying on muscle. Since his appearance he has helped keep the harbors of Titan free of illegal activity.

The Eroder
A small time criminal with a talent for engineering and chemistry the Eroder designed a pair of gloves capable of firing a blast of acid with deadly accuracy. Ever since his first appearance in Titan he has made every effort to make a name for himself and move up the food chain without much success. Lacking true super powers many young heroes have underestimated him during their encounters and now carry scars to remind them of the lesson learned that day. He's popular hired muscle for those who are on a budget because he always puts the job before all else.

Dr. Curtis Myers
The top scientist of Chimera Laboratories with an expertise for chemistry, robotics, biology, physics, and any number of other scientific fields he is considered by most people to be the smartest man in Titan today. He's a surprisingly charismatic person who is happy to lead tours through his labs and explain what goes on there.

Dr. Eliza Barron
Curator of the Museum of Unnatural History Dr. Barron holds several degrees in history and arcane theory, her fascination with mystical artifacts and their history enables her to stay at a job many of her predecessors weren't up to due to the alarming number of attempted robberies.

Jaguar/ Douglas Monroe
A former superhero possessing the strength, agility, and senses of the jungle cat's name she chose. She acquired her powers after undergoing an experiment at Chimera Laboratories that had been intended to enhance members of the Titan police force. The experiment worked too well and was set aside as most people would refuse to be transformed into a 7 foot tall cat human hybrid. After years of duty she retired from active crime fighting when she was offered a position on Mayor Hardwick's staff as her head of security.

Sharon Ross
Owner and Chief Editor of The Torch, the best selling and oldest newspaper in Titan, Ross has earned a reputation for knowing everything that happens in "her" city before anyone else. Rather than running things from behind the scenes Ross leads the charge and is found more often than not chasing down the lead on a story or furiously putting the finishing touches on her last piece. The disappearance of Justice has come as a blow to Ross as her inability to solve the mystery surrounding it has driven her into bouts deep depression.

The Titan Ten
While other more business minded criminals busy themselves with trying to take over the world others choose to pursue less lofty goals. it makes them no less feared and in some cases even more so. Chief among them are the Titan Ten a loosely affiliated group of ten super villains who regularly operate out of Titan. Their methods and goals vary as widely as their appearance but they all have one thing in common. Everyone in Titan is afraid of them.

Conundrum
Current Alias: Conundrum
Aliases: Numerous
Identity: Secret
Affiliations: Masquerade, The Titan Ten
Height: 6'1"
Weight: Approximately 176 lbs

Background:
For most of his career Conundrum has had a well known relationship with the crime lord known as Masquerade serving as her second in command. He serves as the face of her operations and is easily her most loyal employee. For a time his abilities seemed limitless and the city was awed by his displays of might as he lead a one man crime spree across Titan. Summoning small armies of undead minions, tearing bank vault doors from their hinges with a flick of his wrist, appearing and disappearing at will. Nothing seemed impossible for him.

It wasn't until Justice finally confronted and subsequently defeated him that Conundrum was revealed to the world as a complete fraud. All of his powers had been illusions, his summoned armies made up of machines he'd built himself and disguised to suit his needs. He'd held the city in a grip of terror for weeks with nothing more than elaborate smoke and mirrors. Then to add insult to injury despite being imprisoned in maximum security on Glass Island Prison following his capture the master of illusion managed to escape within weeks.

Since his first defeat Conundrum has only improved the quality of his illusions and peppered them with real dangers to cut the unwary to ribbons. Devious, patient, and calculating he remains a force to be reckoned with for any hero.

Appearance:
Conundrum's features are always obscured by a vaporous dark blue thick mist that he is somehow able to maintain. His costume consists of a large black cloak worn over a red body suit. He also wears a belt known to possess an array of weaponry, as well as large black gloves and boots.

Abilities:
Mastery of illusions and technology, genius intellect, limited hand to hand combat ability

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
GM of Dresden Files Low Life
GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
GM of Wyvern Watch
Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
Sakutian on

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I added some more information on Titan to help flesh the city out a bit more, hopefully the new stuff makes things a bit more real for players.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just posting to say I'm interested because the lack of replies is so discouraging. I've never made a character before, so I'm poking through all my options in the book.

Where are all the heroes?

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ronrab wrote: »
    Just posting to say I'm interested because the lack of replies is so discouraging. I've never made a character before, so I'm poking through all my options in the book.

Where are all the heroes?

I'm pleased to see someone is interested in this, you're right the lack of interest was getting to be a bit discouraging. Thanks for posting.

In answer to your question Justice is the most prominent hero in Titan at the moment, sort of like Batman in Gotham, there are other heroes though. I'll be posting some information on a few of them later today.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'll also post, just trying to iron out a concept

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really love Mutants and Masterminds and I'd really love to play this.

Just puttin' that out there, I'll put up a concept.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i too like the Mutants and Masterminds, put me down as interested in a totally sweet superhero PbP :D

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm really heartened to see so many people taking an interest in this. Just wanted to point out I've added a bit more information on the people and places of Titan.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arcanis and I are probably going to submit paired concepts, we're looking at magically gifted sisters, one who is a spellcaster type and the other a more martial type of character (like Captain Marvel.)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arcanis and I are probably going to submit paired concepts, we're looking at magically gifted sisters, one who is a spellcaster type and the other a more martial type of character (like Captain Marvel.)

That's great glad to see someone taking up the option, I really look forward to seeing how your concepts turn out. For the record I love magic based super heroes more often than not. They're fun.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    are you okay with books like Ultimate Power and the Book of Magic?

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    are you okay with books like Ultimate Power and the Book of Magic?

Sure, I don't have them on hand at the moment but you can use them. I might need some explanation of things pulled from those sources though.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Holly Weird, Sorceress

Holly Weird is one of the magically gifted twins that comprise the super-duo the Weird Sisters. After graduating college at the University of Chicago (valedictorian, of course), Holly moved to Titan with her twin sister Hannah to put her skills to good use.

A witch of prodigious skill, she is another link in the chain of magically gifted women that make up the Weird family bloodline.

Holly's physical features are a near copy of her twin Hannah's, though Holly prefers to dye her hair all manner of exotic colors. When patrolling the streets of Titan she wears a billowing black cloak covered in magical runes with a silvery leotard underneath. She also sports a rather silly pointed hat that has a crimp in the middle and a wide brim with a pair of goggles resting on top as well as a pair of magician's gloves and simple silvery leather shoes.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=189130

hopefully i did my maths right. point buy systems are headaches sometimes! i'll add more character information later.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hopefully i did my maths right. point buy systems are headaches sometimes! i'll add more character information later.

The math looks right to me for what thats worth, nice concept. A witch hat and goggles are a great costume combination.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Some of the rules in M&M are kind of a pain.

If I want a device that can do different things, does the Alternate Power apply to Device, or does it have to apply to one of the powers 'within' Device?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

If I want a device that can do different things, does the Alternate Power apply to Device, or does it have to apply to one of the powers 'within' Device?

Yeah there are definitely some things that could be improved upon as far as the rules. I think that the Alternate Power would apply to one of the powers within the device. That's my initial call but if you feel it should be otherwise feel free to say so. For the record I'm basing this call on the description of the Gadgeteer's Device in the Mutants and Masterminds handbook.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sakutian wrote: »

Yeah there are definitely some things that could be improved upon as far as the rules. I think that the Alternate Power would apply to one of the powers within the device. That's my initial call but if you feel it should be otherwise feel free to say so.

I think by the book that makes more sense.

That's okay, I think I just figured out how to work with this!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sakutian wrote: »

Yeah there are definitely some things that could be improved upon as far as the rules. I think that the Alternate Power would apply to one of the powers within the device. That's my initial call but if you feel it should be otherwise feel free to say so.

That's okay, I think I just figured out how to work with this!

That's good sorry let me know if I can help muddle through rules.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My plan was to make a device (in the form of bracers) that would increase my character's damage/add an effect

I just realized I can make alternate powers of the effect and link them all to the damage, so that she can switch between status effects without losing her damage.

Also, would Blast 3 + Blast 6 (two separate, linked powers) work out to be a single attack that would damage twice?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm.... let's see how long this will last. Let me write up a character and everything and I'll get back to you.

I'll go with my first hero from CoX and remake him into a tabletop variant.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also, would Blast 3 + Blast 6 (two separate, linked powers) work out to be a single attack that would damage twice?

Yes I think that the blasts would work out to being a single attack that would damage twice.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here is what I'm looking at for my character's device:

Devices 6 (30 points)
    [Strike 6 (Mighty)] (7)
    [-AP: Blast 3 (Mighty)* ] (1)
    [+Stun 9 (linked) ] (18)
    [-AP: Paralyze 9 ] (1)
    [-AP: Nauseate 9 ] (1)
    [-AP: Fatigue 9 ] (1)
    [-AP: Blast 9* ] (1)

Basically, a Strike 6 (Mighty) that is linked to either Stun, Paralyze, Nauseate, or Fatigue; but, that can also be turned into a two-tiered Blast, that hits once at +9 and once at +3 (+6 after Mighty), representing hurling her summoned weapon (which then dissolves and reforms in her hand)?

The idea we're going for here is that Holly Weird is a really gifted sorceress ... Hannah, however, relies on runes and magical focuses to channel her magic, because she's unable to use magic directly like Holly.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here is what I'm looking at for my character's device:

Devices 6 (30 points)
    [Strike 6 (Mighty)] (7)
    [-AP: Blast 3 (Mighty)* ] (1)
    [+Stun 9 (linked) ] (18)
    [-AP: Paralyze 9 ] (1)
    [-AP: Nauseate 9 ] (1)
    [-AP: Fatigue 9 ] (1)
    [-AP: Blast 9* ] (1)

Basically, a Strike 6 (Mighty) that is linked to either Stun, Paralyze, Nauseate, or Fatigue; but, that can also be turned into a two-tiered Blast, that hits once at +9 and once at +3 (+6) after Mighty), representing hurling her summoned weapon (which then dissolved and reforms in her hand)?

The idea we're going for here is that Holly Weird is a really gifted sorceress ... Hannah, however, relies on runes and magical focuses to channel her magic, because she's unable to use magic directly like Holly.

The Devices stats look good to me, I will say that if you want to use you're two tiered blast though you're going to have to have both hands free. The reason being what I'm visualizing is you hurling this weapon and putting everything you've got into it. If one of your hands isn't free for fighting(Restrained, holding onto a ledge, holding an object) then you just can't put as much power behind the attack. I don't think that will screw you up or anything. No issue with your weapon dissolving and reforming in your hand or flying back into your grasp.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That sounds good to me, I definitely don't expect her to rely on her Blast over her Strike so a limit like that isn't a problem at all! :D

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That sounds good to me, I definitely don't expect her to rely on her Blast over her Strike so a limit like that isn't a problem at all! :D

Awesome, I'm liking the feel of the character based on what you've said so far. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hannah Weird, Mystic Warrior

Hannah Weird is one of the magically gifted twins that comprise the super-duo the Weird Sisters. After graduating from the University of Chicago (and ending her career as the star player of the UC's Women's Basketball team), Hannah moved with her sister to Titan.

A magically augmented athlete, Hannah Weird is the outlier in a lineage of powerful sorceresses.

Hannah resembles Holly almost identically, though she wears her hair shorter than her sister and has a more toned and powerful physique. Her Superhero costume is utilitarian while still being stylish; she wears a black, skin-tight jumpsuit etched over with magical runes that glow silver with her power. She wears thick, white leather gloves and boots, and sports a long, enchanted cape. A magical amulet hangs from her neck, resting over her chest.

Hannah's most overt magic, the destructive power channeled by her Bracers, can potentially take many forms; most commonly, it appears as a massive, shimmering hammer, but has sometimes appeared as a wicked scourge, or even just bright glows accented by arcane symbols on her fists.

Hannah has etched some of the runes that she channels her power through directly into her skin; these make her stronger and more resilient than her physique would suggest, and absorb blows that might otherwise crush the girl.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=189238

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    forgot to mention games i'm in - pretty much only one at the moment, and that's Horseshoe's clone wars. i also run an Exalted via Wushu PbP here but that's chugging along only intermittently.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    forgot to mention games i'm in - pretty much only one at the moment, and that's Horseshoe's clone wars. i also run an Exalted via Wushu PbP here but that's chugging along only intermittently.

Likewise, the only game I am involved in is Horseshoe's Clone Wars

Which has been going for like two solid years

so you know Arc and I are up to the task

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Likewise, the only game I am involved in is Horseshoe's Clone Wars

Which has been going for like two solid years

so you know Arc and I are up to the task

Good to know that you're both up it.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gonna work on a sheet for this. Just putting it out there.

This had better be an epic to rival Pearl City.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh god it's hylian there goes the neighborhood

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh god it's hylian there goes the neighborhood

I'll be taking none of your sass, boy.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    you will take it and you will like it sir

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

If it means getting the old gang together, I'll do what I must.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    John Barrows, Foreverman

[B]Foreverman Makes a Move[/B]
    February 15, 2010

"Forever is composed of nows," said John Barrows, quoting Emily Dickinson at the beginning of our interview last Friday. Barrows, commonly known as Century City's Foreverman has been a force for good for the city ever since his rediscovery and a source of inspiration for countless who flock to see the man who has been dated through historical correspondences to several hundred years of age.

When asked his true age, Barrows quipped with a smile, "Well, I think I hold the current record - somewhere between your grandmother and the current continental alignment."

"In reality, I know the question's been asked a lot but I'm still not certain. The last few hundred years are fairly clear but before that is fuzzy. Ever since the incident..." he trails off.

Of course, Burrows refers to the crash of the passenger liner the Titanic, in which Burrows was counted as one of the purported dead. In reality, Burrows was trapped in the wreckage and until being discovered by a Russian submersible after more than 70 years spent two miles under the ocean. Following a great amount of rehabilitation, Burrows' gifts were studied by Century City scientists and since he has adopted the city as his home.

"I went through a lot down there but I'd never really had a chance to look at what I could do for people," Burrows said. "If you told the average someone they could live forever, the first thing they'd think of wouldn't be the great good they could do."

And that's when Burrows mentioned his intended move to Titan, former home of the enigmatic hero Justice.

"I think a large part of being a good person is inspiring others to goodness," Burrows said. "I believe my public persona helps with that and I aim to follow the same tac in Titan as I have here. Hopefully they'll accept me and I'll be able to make some leeway for the good guys."

With nearly 25 years in our city, Burrows will be duly missed but who knows when he might return - after all, time waits for no man but Foreverman.

Allan Crosby

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    More information on Holly Weird:
    Holly and Hannah are an excellent example of how two people can be almost identical and yet be strikingly different at times. The two sisters are very friendly and outgoing, but their preferences and tastes are very different. Holly and Hannah's social circles do not overlap; if you asked them what they think of each other's friends they both would probably say "they're nice enough" before going back to whatever they're doing - in Holly's case, that would be reading a book on philosophy or an arcane textbook.

Holly's likes include: A gripping philosophical discussion, pina coladas, green apples, classical music, and the smell outside after a spring rain.

Information on the Weird Family:
    The magic in the Weird bloodline is both strange and powerful; it manifests in the firstborn girl every generation and has done so reliably since 1404 when the first Weird witch made the pact with the extra-dimensional entity Xastur.

Harriet Weird, the first witch, had the desire and the will to shape the world but not the means. Out of burning ambition she made a deal with Xastur. It was a double-edged sword; the being from beyond reality did not give gifts, and he knew that mortals feared and hated magic, and it wasn't long until Harriet was outed as a Witch and burned at the stake.

She did, however, have a daughter - Helga - and though she possessed the Weird power she did not use it as her mother did; she changed her name and the magic passed down from generation to generation quietly... until 1961.

Hayley Green manifested her power at a peace rally and though at first she believed the strange sights and sounds were from the shrooms, after the drugs wore off she realized she was something special. She could see things, do things, that others couldn't. She was the first Weird Witch to surface since the fifteenth century and she took it upon herself to do some good. She became a crimefighter and remained active until 1968.

The mantle of Weird Witch then passed to her daughter, Hope, on her eighteenth birthday in 1986. Hope is the Weird Witch everyone remembers due to her public relationship with the East Coast superhero Magnus, whom she married one year later in 1987. She retired as the active Weird Witch to become a full time mom in 1990, two years after the twins Holly and Hannah were born in January 1988.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

If it means getting the old gang together, I'll do what I must.

you can't go home again hylian, don't you know that?

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This had better be an epic to rival Pearl City.

I'll do my best to see that it is such a thing.

I like the additional background information on the Weird Family, it's an interesting legacy.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'd just like to remind people of one thing since we're still in the character creation portion of things. There are certain skills that require training to use and any attempt to use these skills without training results in an automatic failure. As a quick example if Hannah Weird, who has no training in the computer skill, were to attempt to use the computer skill she would automatically fail. Even if she rolled a 20.

I've made a list of all the skills that require training to be used according to the manual:
    Acrobatics
    Computers
    Craft
    Disable Device
    Drive
    Investigate
    Knowledge
    Language
    Medicine
    Perform
    Pilot
    Profession
    Ride
    Sleight of Hand

Just thought this would help people who are new to the system like me out a bit when choosing their skills.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Posting (1st post here actually) to see if you're still accepting characters.

Thanks in advance,

AJC

Yes submissions are still open, in fact they're going to be open until 1 PM March 5th.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    made some modifications to Holly - subtracted a point each from her saving throws to give her three alternate powers under her Magic array - water control, earth control, and fire control.

Super Namicchi on