As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game on] Spellforce 2

LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Games and Technology
What is Spellforce 2?
Spellforce 2 is an RTS/RPG hybrid done mostly right. With an epic tale full of betrayls, elves, orcs, humans, and..Wait - This sounds a lot like every other Fantasy game in existance. Except this is what Warcraft 3 should have been! Your characters have a diablo like skill tree which splits into combat and magic, various slots for equipment, and lots of large open maps to explore and pillage. Remember those old Starcraft RPG's on battle.net back in the day? This is what Spellforce is - Except prettier. It's also 7.50 on steam this weekend, and it includes the expansion.

I've invested four to five hours into the game since yesterday, and I've had a good time with the single player. I've been told the multi-player is amazing, and I'm inviting everyone here with a few dollars in your pocket to give this game a whirl (Or those who already have it can join in!) I've even set up a Hamachi network for everyone to join (The internet service for the game is gone, so it's LAN only now.)

Now, I know not everyone is going to just jump into the game without a few pretties and a video or two showing what all the fuss is about.

Theme song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWYotJkj5g This game has some of the best music I've heard in a long time. It reminds me a bit of LoTR.

In-game gameplay video
Images(NSF56k):
spellforce23.jpg
spellforce2.jpg
sf2humanworkers02.jpg
orcsandmrtitan01.jpg
humanworkers03.jpg
cw35theattackoftheorcto.jpg
cw35humanland.jpg

People currently playing:
Lunysgwen
Butterfly

Where?
Hamachi Network name: PAspellforce2
Pass: wang

Give me a yell on steam (My steam ID is in my signature.) if you're up for it.

Lunysgwen on

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow, the game designers must have spent a fortune to get the right for that Evanescence song.

Oh....wait....

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's a great game. I never got around to playing the expansion much, but I might be up for a few games at some point, if I can find my cd's.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • KorlashKorlash Québécois TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Usually I think pretty hard about my game purchases but anything around 5$ on steam is impulse buy territory for me.

Will this game allow me to drown my sorrows over not being in the Starcraft 2 beta (i.e iz it gud?)

Korlash on
    396796-1.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oooh, this looks surprisingly pretty.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was pretty interested until I heard that Evanescence song.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Currently playing this as well, I'm at the King's castle in the campaign right now. The thing that's bugging me most atm is that it's more RTS than I had hoped for. Still, fun game.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Huh, maybe I'll skip the first and go to the second, because I enjoy the RTS part, but there hasn't been a lot of it.

Xtarath on