As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East forum badges

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Picked mine up, thanks Kropotkin.

Sadly I haven't seen another person with one, but it might happen eventually.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the feedback all. I have encountered a few people wearing them but it is rare. Their numbers increase as the expo wears on. I plan to go to the PA Panel no. 2 today and ask a question, during which I will explain to people how to get the badges, assuming I get to ask the question!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    theres still a lot left

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    GentlemanneGentlemanne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I managed to get mine on day one, pretty cool imo

Gentlemanne on
  • Options
    SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got mine day one, thanks a lot man it looks epic

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I never posted that I would be down for one, but when I saw the post on Sat evening saying there were still a lot left, I figured there mist have been extras made, so I went over and snagged one. Still haven't seen anyone else with one, but lookforward to meeting some forums people.

Gundabad on
  • Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got mine on Friday and wasn't subjected to the questions that I expected, just what my screen name was. Thank you very much for making these Kropotkin!

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Still haven't seen another forum badge. I keep trying to look without staring at people awkwardly :?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    madcappa123madcappa123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I picked one up yesterday. These look nice! Thanks!!!!

madcappa123 on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oops - picked mine up and forgot to wear it yesterday - ill do better today.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Ferris007Ferris007 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got mine the first day and had a few inquiries from other PAX goers as to what kind of "special badge" it was.

Thanks for making them!

Ferris007 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I gathered up the remainder and will use the plastic holders again for PAX Prime. I shall work on a new design for PAX Prime to make it unique from the previous 2 years.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got mine yesterday first thing yesterday, and wore it the remainder of the expo.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday first thing yesterday, and wore it the remainder of the expo.

I grabed mine late friday and wore it all weekend. I don't think I saw any others.

I REALLY like it though. Thanks again kropotkin!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Now that I am home and not typing on a cell phone..

kropotkin, awesome badges. It was great to have one and walk around with it. Didn't see anyone I recognized but I did see a bunch of people with them. Good stuff man! Thanks for doing it for us.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    AhkhiraAhkhira Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thaks Kropotkin, for these AWESOME badges!!! I actually saw quite a few of these over the weekend. I was exhibiting most of the weekend, so I found it a great icebreaker to get to know people that I've been typing at over the last few months. It was great to put faces with handles. My badge will be proudly displayed in my scrapbook of PAX!

Ahkhira on
    Find me at the Magic: The Gathering events!
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kropotkin, big ups on the forum badges, super sweet and well designed
    picked em up on friday afternoon and wore them the entire con
    found a few forumers too! a handful, but then again, this is out of 20,000 people :p

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I picked mine up on Saturday at the BYOC desk. I thought it would be easy to find a guy nicknamed 'Big Red' but there were so many guys with red hair, it wasn't as easy as I thought!

Gaus on
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I agree...thanks so much for kropotkin, I got mine early Friday at BYOC and wore it proudly all weekend!

@Gaus, it's pretty hard to miss BigRed, he is a big dude with red hair and loves to destroy bridges :)

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I asked an enforcer, out of curiousity, who BigRed was because I couldn't find him.
    He promptly pointed out the big dude (big as in he's really really tall) and with red hair
    My response: "Well, I can see why they call him BigRed"

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    SpeedNutSpeedNut Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Kropotkin for making the badges, I picked mine up on Saturday after giving someone else a hard time about not knowing any of the answers to the questions. Didn't see anyone else with one unfortunately, maybe next time! :)

SpeedNut on
  • Options
    QueueQueue Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I walked by the BYOC area about three times looking for the forum badges, but I wasn't sure where they were. Sadly my social anxiety kept me from just asking someone...

Queue on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Queue wrote: »
    I walked by the BYOC area about three times looking for the forum badges, but I wasn't sure where they were. Sadly my social anxiety kept me from just asking someone...

see thats what the forums badges were meant to help with. :P was having this trouble myself till i spotted a couple of people at the desks wearing theirs, otherwise i probably would have given up too.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Huge thanks to Kropotkin for taking the time to make these up. I almost forgot to pick mine up with everything going on until one of our fellow forum junkies (can't remember who) told me to run over to BYOC and grab mine. I went up to the guy handing them out and asked for one. He said "What's your name?" Having seen a pass already and located my name on it I said "Waterborn, third name from the right, third row up from the bottom". The guy didn't even bother to check, just smiled and handed it to me. :mrgreen:

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • Options
    edited March 2010

You're among peers here! Nothing to be afraid of :mrgreen:

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
  • Options
    dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I actually picked mine up from IkeLewis pretty much first thing Friday from BYOC. Saw a few people with it, a lot of people commented on it, and there was a lot of drooling involved. Thanks for the awesome badge kropotkin!

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • Options
    spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    thank you for the awesome badge. i only found one other person with the badge but i was on long lines mostly. thank you again!

spiderz13 on
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was thinking about this, and I realized that the thing I associate most on a forum with who is writing is their avatar. I think the most helpful thing in future PAXes would be a badge like we had, but with a "paste your picture here" square.

Instead of having the hassle of customized printouts, or people trying to print them out on their own, we could have a sheet with all of the avatar images from people who said they'd be picking one up, as well as some scissors and a glue stick at the badge pickup. It would be like kindergarten arts & crafts!

Gundabad on
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Picked mine up from BigRed first day of the con, asked my name and where it was, i replied benswimming, and right before yours on the back. Wore it all 3 days, THANKS!

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Gundabad wrote: »
    I was thinking about this, and I realized that the thing I associate most on a forum with who is writing is their avatar. I think the most helpful thing in future PAXes would be a badge like we had, but with a "paste your picture here" square.

Instead of having the hassle of customized printouts, or people trying to print them out on their own, we could have a sheet with all of the avatar images from people who said they'd be picking one up, as well as some scissors and a glue stick at the badge pickup. It would be like kindergarten arts & crafts!

Big Red and other enforcers have enough on their hands without having to help people glue their avatars onto a forum badge!

Much as I appreciate the feedback, I'm going to pass on this idea. We did at one time consider having people's avatars on the back of the badge and not names. This was rejected on the grounds that it not only looked odd but that avatars are by their very nature temporary, unlike forum names. Also note that some people don't even have an avatar!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The badges were great! I only saw a handful of people wearing them but it was a good conversation started & I met some new people through the badges so that was awesome.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Big Red and other enforcers have enough on their hands without having to help people glue their avatars onto a forum badge!

Much as I appreciate the feedback, I'm going to pass on this idea. We did at one time consider having people's avatars on the back of the badge and not names. This was rejected on the grounds that it not only looked odd but that avatars are by their very nature temporary, unlike forum names. Also note that some people don't even have an avatar!
    Hmm yeah I see your multiple points here!

Gundabad on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    I agree...thanks so much for kropotkin, I got mine early Friday at BYOC and wore it proudly all weekend!

@Gaus, it's pretty hard to miss BigRed, he is a big dude with red hair and loves to destroy bridges :)

Plus I wear an Enforcer cape at PAX :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I totally regret not getting one of these.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wore mine all weekend but at the networking dinner. Came in handy quite often. Thanks for doing these up and hope to see them in the future!

Rdr on
  • Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I can totally sympathize. Generally speaking I feel very socially awkward. Fortunately, conventions like this and other kinds of geeky situations are the only times I don't have social anxiety. So I was fine at PAX. But I get where you're coming from. Maybe next year we should have some kind of get together for those of us who are like that to ease everybody into PAX.

Anyway - thanks a bunch to kropotkin for the badge. I wore mine proudly all weekend.

Trion on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    itzerokewl wrote: »

Plus I wear an Enforcer cape at PAX :P

that was you?!?! saw the cape disappear back into the BYOC after exiting the Q&A on friday, not long before picking up my badge(why i didn't grab it there and then i'm not sure). was certainly one of the more distinctive additions to the Enforcer uniform. :lol:

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We had plenty of badges left at the end of the show... all you needed to do was stop by and ask any Enforcer at the BYOC desk they were all told what to do.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "Is your name on the forum badge?"

Ok, you're good to go!

TY Kro, my apologies for missing you at our agreed upon time but I got stuck in rush hour subway traffic picking up my business partner from the airport and my friend from North Station.

atiari on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    atiari wrote: »
    "Is your name on the forum badge?"

Ok, you're good to go!

TY Kro, my apologies for missing you at our agreed upon time but I got stuck in rush hour subway traffic picking up my business partner from the airport and my friend from North Station.

I had one gentleman that came very close to not passing the "test". Only question he could answer was the colors, but I could tell he was nervous and we gave him a forum badge.

I was also asking for mother's maiden names, blood types, social sercurity numbers, and what their quest was.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
This discussion has been closed.