As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Console on computer monitor

eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, anyone have experience with VGA boxes? Any seriously suck, or really good, or are they all the same thing basically?

eternalbl.png
eternalbl on

• Options
    Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don' t have much experience with VGA boxes, but I do have my PS2 hooked up through an AIW 9800 Pro. Yes, there are big differences between capture cards, and I suspect the same broadness in performance happens with VGA boxes as well. The key thing is to make sure that there is no lag in the video, as even a couple hundred milliseconds will throw off your timing, especially in rhythm games where that'll make the game unplayable. As well, decently written software/drivers are good to have, so make sure that the device you choose is well supported.

Sir Red of the Manti on
  • Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I dont' think rythym games will be a problem... I was just thinking of using it to hook a PS1 up to my monitor. Right now, I'm so bored with Star Ocean TtEoT, I don't want to play it, but I can't play anything else til I beat it (cuz I said so). so I'm just sitting here thinking about stuff that'd be pretty fun to do.

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png