As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

workout trance

SamSam Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
good music tends to be horrible music to work out to. it would seem that for exercise purposes, taste needs to go out the window.

Metal is too boneheaded even to work out to, so I'm left with the slightly less embarrassing option of trance. I realized I somewhat enjoyed the stuff with Tiesto's vocal collabs album Kaleidoscope, and it actually works great for cardio.

I'm also getting good results from Darude's track Sandstorm, aka the Wanderlei Silva theme.

But thus far, that's about it, and workout tunes can get worn out fast. Trying to find new trance is a painful process. It's like crawling on all fours in a sewer of kitsch.

so, I'd like some recommendations for good workout music along those lines. I guess it doesn't necessarily need to be trance, but it seems like that's the best fit for me at the gym- but apparently only certain songs. Most of it still makes me feel like I'm in the company of idiots doing repetitive hand dances in the backseat of a car.

Sam on

• Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you want to find more decent Trance the Trance Nation America compilations are a pretty good place to start. At least it should up the signal:noise ratio a bit.

In the wider genre of techno-type stuff that's good to work out to, I really like:

Basement Jaxx (you've probably heard "Red Alert", or try "Raindrops")
    Daft Punk (especially the Alive 2007 album)
    MGMT
    Kraftwerk ("Tour de France" is fantastic to run or bike to)

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Prozzak is horrible music that's terrific to run to.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    EeveelutionEeveelution Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GIve Scooter a shot.

Eeveelution on
    PS3 Tag: cryptzicle Cryptzicle the DK
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Launch - DJ Jean

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GIve Scooter a shot.

Start with

Weekend
    Maria (I like it loud)
    Nessaja
    Ramp - the logical song
    Fire
    Jumping all over the world

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if it's considered trance or not, but there are some tracks on the Crystal Castles CD that are great to workout to. Same goes for some of the tracks on the Justice CD.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    VenochVenoch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Infected Mushroom.

Venoch on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Venoch wrote: »
    Infected Mushroom.

Man, I haven't listened to them in years, I used to love them.

To the youtubes!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    NinyuNinyu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    moocow wrote: »
    Venoch wrote: »
    Infected Mushroom.

Man, I haven't listened to them in years, I used to love them.

To the youtubes!

Their new CD, Legend of the Black Shwarma, is pretty good.

Ninyu on
    "It would be cool if you lived with a monster, you would never get hiccups." - Mitch Hedburg
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For what it's worth, Infected Mushroom is also great for watching your face melt into a puddle of ancient Mayan symbols in the the mirror.

Or so I hear.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    RamimenaRamimena Registered User new member
    For what it's worth, Infected Mushroom is also great for watching your face melt into a puddle of ancient Mayan symbols in the the mirror.

Or so I hear.

I agree, Infected Mushroom are very good for training. I also like Astrix. They both do the job. here is my home workout playlist but feel free to add songs if you know (ONLY GOOD TRANCE SONGS PLEASE) http://www.jampri.com/playlist/5229

• Options
    RadicalTurnipRadicalTurnip Registered User regular
    I've always enjoyed any Classical Crossover (Classical songs turned trance). I also have a spot for Assemblage 23, but those songs are a bit dark for working out purposes...