As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Boston Gaming on Saturday night (3/13/10) in Lexington

KhadourKhadour Dinosaur CupcakeHillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in PAX Archive
Anyone interested in doing some tabletop and electronic gaming on Saturday, 3/13, I'll be hosting out at my house in Lexington. We're pretty easy to get to, have most of the amenities modern gamers need (lots of delivery options, a liquor store across the street, Dunkies on the corner, and easy access to arterial highways). I should be able to set up 3 tables for board/mini/whatever gaming, and 3 screens worth of consoles. Plenty of LAN bandwidth should anyone so desire.

For those who went to Waterborn's pre-PAX get together few weeks back, this is the spiritual successor (without all the cool swag and arcade cabinet machines). Even if you weren't at Waterborn's, come on down and play some tabletop and console games with us on Saturday night. It's a great opportunity to meet some fun gamers (we all had a blast together a few weeks ago), and get to know some people before we're all thrown together in the blender of PAX East.

Looking at a start time of 7PMish (I have to work until 3, and the dogs are shedding, so cleanup is involved). Come, eat, drink, play, and enjoy.

In the interest of full disclosure: We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a pretty cool 12 year old (who's really looking forward to going to PAX with me). If you are alergic to any of the above, we do have Benadryl on hand, but can't promise anything beyond that.

PM me for the address and contact info.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
xWDsUaZ.png
jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Khadour on

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    gilby123 wrote:
    How late will the gaming on Saturday go? I was going to go, but now have a potluck lunch followed by games for a friends birthday earlier in the day. Guessing that'll run till 8-9 or so.
    Well, if last time was any indication, I'd imagine until well past midnight. Come on out! I believe you said specifically that you wanted to get some tabletop gaming in . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I do...my guess is I wouldn't get there till about 9ish, though, at least.

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You should probably call this the pre-pre-pax gaming night or something. Don't wanna confuse it with the one I'm hosting the days right before the show ;)

atiari on
  • Options
    Mike TooleMike Toole Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey wait a minute, that's this Saturday! Guess I should be more diligent in checking this stuff.

I'm interested, but also working on Saturday. Gonna check a few things and get back to ya with a final RSVP. Is it OK if I bring a +1? I got a buddy who caught wind of the party from a few weeks back (he was at the HOT TUB TIME MACHINE screening with Winterborn and I) and demanded to be invited to the next event. He's doing PAX as well.

Mike Toole on
  • Options
    GannoGanno Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Heyo. I'll be there Khadour. What do you need me to bring?

Hey...what if I bring my 360 racing wheel and pedals, and Forza 3? Seeing some slightly under the influence driving might be entertaining.

Ganno on
    jaafe2a95twb.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @atiari - Sorry, they mistakenly closed our other thread from the previous party, or it would still have been listed under there. I put the date and "in Lexington", so hopefully, there won't be much confusion.

@Mike - +1 is cool with me. PM me for the address

@Ganno - Bring yourself, some snacks, whatever you want to drink, and whatever you feel like playing. PM me for the address and contact info. The driving rig sounds like it could be pretty entertaining . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Postal KittyPostal Kitty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I will reply to this thread as well and say. YES! I am bringing myself and my man. Or more like, he will be bringing me since he has the car. I don't know if you were still there when he arrived, but he was that really tall guy that came at the very tail end of the get together at waterborn's. I promise you, that he is ok around children, dogs, small animals, and wives.

Postal Kitty on
  • Options
    DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would be up for this on Saturday. I can bring a few tabletop games, bunch of multiplayer video games mostly the same ones from last time.

Darkshowers on
    Ds3hsEH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @Postal Kitty - Yeah, I was still there when he showed up. No problem at all - the more, the merrier! You've got the address and such, so let me know if you need any more info . . .

@Darkshowers - Cool - I'll shoot you a PM with the address and contact info.

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Also, for those on FaceBook, we have an event for this set up over there at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2344061033&gid=396063749851#!/event.php?eid=355178297531&index=1 in the Boston-area PAXers group. Head on over and feel free to join the group!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    OK, all - we're getting a lot of last minute interest, so it's looking like a good sized crowd! If you've got a DS, you might want to bring that along, too - we had a lot of fun with Mario Party at the last get together, and it never hurts to brush up on the DS skills for when you're standing in line.

Don't forget to bring whatever you'd like to drink and munch on. I'll have some menus from local places that deliver, for those who want something substantial. Bring anything you'd like to play, and we'll have a great time . . .

Let the games begin!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I won't be making it, but I hope someone shoots vid of the lot of you blowing into those DSs.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    lucazzo wrote: »
    I won't be making it, but I hope someone shoots vid of the lot of you blowing into those DSs.
    It's like a gamer breathalyzer!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can someone pm me the addy. Could have sworn Khadour sent it to me but cannot locate it anywhere. I must be getting old!

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • Options
    BlahKraxBlahKrax Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Khadour for being a good host and had a pretty fun time.

I was the guy with the hoodie who played Illuminati/Bomberman and mentioned how erotic DnD was.

PSN: Kruhex
    AIM: baytray

BlahKrax on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for coming, everyone! I think a good time was had by all. We'll definitely have to do it again sometime after PAX . . .

Edit - and next time, we'll fire up the slushie machine!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    GannoGanno Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Chris to you and your family for hosting. Lots of fun...and god am I jealous of the amenities of Marrett street. Let's trade addresses for a week :)

See you at PAX!

Ganno on
    jaafe2a95twb.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We missed you Waterborn! Hope everything was ok.

Thanks Chris (& family) for being awesome hosts. You have the coolest dogs. I now want one. Sorry for the lack of cooked nom on my part, as I didn't have enough time beforehand to make anything :(.

Pictures to be posted either today or tomorrow. We definitely need to get together again sometime, as it always ends up being a good time. Also: wish I took more pictures and good ones at that. Unfortunately no video this time around as I was too enamored and distracted by my Choya. This is what I get when Jack decides to refill my glass every time he sees it empty..... *cough*

Postal Kitty on
  • Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    To be fair, Kitty, it WAS getting low/empty and it's what a gentleman does. :)

It was awesome seeing/meeting everyone again. Huge thanks to Chris and his family for hosting the fun! Next time, I have to get in on X-men action. I forgot how much I LOVED playing that where I worked as a teenager.

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    PrincePrince Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sucks that I had to miss out on this one ladies and gents... sounds like it was a great time to be had by all!! Sadly, I was down in NY for the weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to make time for sure on the next (Post-PAX) meet-up!

I'm definitely down for hosting one after a bit of Spring Cleaning, but no date for now. LOL

Nooooooooowwww... whose ready for PAX?!? :-P

Prince on
    "This is my first fight since my last fight." - Mike Tyson
  • Options
    XtremeWRATHXtremeWRATH Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry i didn't come i felt like crap and decided just to stay home im sure it was good times though

XtremeWRATH on
  • Options
    DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks so much Khadour for hosting! We should definitely do it again. We finally got our Bomberman games in and I learned how to play Illuminati. See you all at PAX.

Darkshowers on
    Ds3hsEH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    PIctures from party (sorry. Was late) They are up in the group if you wanted to see. Some of them didn't make it in the cut just due to poor picture quality/blur action.

Postal Kitty on
This discussion has been closed.