Options

The Avengers Thread! 'Nuff Said

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There might be at some point.

The Fantastic Four movies are getting a reboot apparently.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Munch, don't joke about things like that, seriously.

Why are you so afraid of that which is awesome?

Solar on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of AWESOME: someone start a S.H.I.E.L.D thread!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4748&disp=table

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure things will turn out alright in Thunderbolts by the next issue.
    As someone said in another thread, Walker's tough enough to beat Nuke with just one arm and leg. And if Thor or the other Asgardians discover what he did for them, I'm sure they'll help him out in some magical fashion.

I'm surprised no one's talking about the ending of Mighty Avengers yet though.
    Building the IAM in what seems like some net-like framework around the Eternity-like remains of your 'dead' ex-wife is certainly Scientist Supreme-worthy.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You guys are scaring me.... I really want to see why everyone is talking about US Agent in spoiler tags, but I haven't read my books for today yet. Agenty better be okay.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of AWESOME: someone start a S.H.I.E.L.D thread!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4748&disp=table

Whoa, that does sound like a pretty cool book. Apocalypse is in the background of the Imhotep image - neat. And having Leonardo Da Vinci fight Galactus? I'm sold.

Hensler on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone see the last pages of this week's Captain America?
    50's Cap just looks so happy delivering his monologue. :)

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think they made mention of American Son returning, maybe they (don't click on this until after you read Thunberbolts Hensler):
    maybe he's coming back as that. But I would just rather them reattach his arms or slap bionic ones on him so he can still be USAgent.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think they made mention of American Son returning, maybe they (don't click on this until after you read Thunberbolts Hensler):
    maybe he's coming back as that. But I would just rather them reattach his arms or slap bionic ones on him so he can still be USAgent.
    You know, he's now missing the right limbs to become Deathlok. All he'd need to a nice head trauma to his left side to complete it.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    You know, he's now missing the right limbs to become Deathlok. All he'd need to a nice head trauma to his left side to complete it.
    I was thinking this too. It'd be kind of awesome if he became a pre-cursor/prototype for what would ultimately become the cyborg zombie supersoldier of tomorrow.

Munch on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Have the Avengers fought cyborg zombies yet? They've probably fought both separately at one time or another, but have they conquered the combined threat?

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    I was thinking this too. It'd be kind of awesome if he became a pre-cursor/prototype for what would ultimately become the cyborg zombie supersoldier of tomorrow.

I'm just thinking that they are going to use the same robotics and/or flawed Super Soldier program that made Nuke the way he is, to cure USAgent, just to draw out the parallels.

I still have no idea why Nuke lived past Born Agian.

MastaP on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And if they do something like that, it kind of proves the current bunch of writers don't really get USAgent in the first place.

He's not supposed to be like Nuke, who was more a look at what happens when the Army experiments with a psychologically scarred veteran.

John Walker was always supposed to represent 80's America the way Steve Rogers represented 40's America. He's brash, unapologetically nationalist, who can be a jerk (this was well covered in Avengers West Coast) but is inherently good with his intentions even if he can't convey them correctly. He might call you a pussy but he'll still give you a hand to lift you off the ground.

To throw that away with any long run comparison to Nuke would just be a bad idea (and highlighting even further the way they place Cap on a pedestal).

edit: and the whole reason Nuke showed up again in comics is because he was in Wolverine Origins I think, where it was Wolverine who killed his parents to make him first go crazy or something.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Have the Avengers fought cyborg zombies yet? They've probably fought both separately at one time or another, but have they conquered the combined threat?

Yep, in Ultron Unlimited.

Furu on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    S.H.I.E.L.D is going to be awesome.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Those Da Vinci images in the SHIELD preview are so cool.

Hensler on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was expecting some 1602 type of thing from SHIELD... but this actually looks MUCH cooler.

Especially if it is actual Marvel canon.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm less excited that you guys but I might give it a go. I'm already buying a lot of stuff (though GotG and Nova being on hiatus means I might have space...)

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm less excited that you guys but I might give it a go. I'm already buying a lot of stuff (though GotG and Nova being on hiatus means I might have space...)

Space that will be filled with the Thanos Imperative.

I think the only books new books I'll be picking up (considering that the Avenger titles are essentially replacing themselves) are SHIELD and Young Allies. Everything else more or less has its own Heroic Age counterpart.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Furu wrote: »

Space that will be filled with the Thanos Imperative.

I think the only books new books I'll be picking up (considering that the Avenger titles are essentially replacing themselves) are SHIELD and Young Allies. Everything else more or less has its own Heroic Age counterpart.

Thanos imperative is one less book, but I'm commited to buying Secret Warriors, Vengeance of the Moon knight and Thor. All the Avengers ones I trade wait, it's not like if they aren't supported they'll get cancelled. SHIELD is a possiblity, but I won't be picking it up on release day, I'll see what you guys think and then maybe buy it.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't forget about Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose. You would love that book, Solar.

Hensler on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is Secret Warriors still going after Siege finishes? And if so who are the Secret Avengers?

Karl on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    So is Secret Warriors still going after Siege finishes? And if so who are the Secret Avengers?

Its a secret.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Its a secret.

shut uuuuuuuuup

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

Its a secret.

shut uuuuuuuuup

Damn you TLB, that made me ROFL for a few minutes.

review_sclenny_3.jpg

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'm fairly sure one of the Word Balloon interviews with Hickman had him saying that Secret Warriors does have a planned end.

JyrenB on
    osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think Hickman said he originally planned on around 60 issues, but some plans changed and he's now shooting for around 40 or so issues.

That SHIELD mini looks rad as hell.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Don't forget about Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose. You would love that book, Solar.

Why in particular?

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It appears that they have the next 'event' lined up for Marvel. Appears to be something along the lines of robots rebelling.

Hm, wasn't this also hinted at a bit in JMS's ASM run, when the 'Robot God' made an appearance during Spidey's 'The Other' event?

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    That wouldn't happen on Osborn's watch.

Just saying.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It appears that they have the next 'event' lined up for Marvel. Appears to be something along the lines of robots rebelling.

Hm, wasn't this also hinted at a bit in JMS's ASM run, when the 'Robot God' made an appearance during Spidey's 'The Other' event?

If so we won't see it till 2011.

And I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Ultron back as a cosmic-level bad guy again because of this.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm just event'd out, everyone needs to chillax at Marvel for a year or two. The same goes for the cosmic stuff, after the Thanos Imperative let everyone just go exploring in space and have wacky adventures in a desert planet bar, and then they go do something at some place Star Trekky and then whatever people in Battlestar Galactica do.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm just event'd out, everyone needs to chillax at Marvel for a year or two..

This is what Heroic Age is. No big events.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We'll see, the publishers always mess with a good thing. After the first Avengers arc BAM! setting up for the next big event will begin. They may say no big events but then realize they need to have a MEGA event, because why stop at just big?

I don't even want these little inter-title crossovers (because it feels like this upcoming X-Men event has been running on for months when it hasn't even started yet and the other mini event hasn't even finished), just go back to what they did in the Jemas era that made them so successful, albeit without decompression and ruining Thunderbolts.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    I'm just event'd out, everyone needs to chillax at Marvel for a year or two..

This is what Heroic Age is. No big events.
    Maximal lies

Antimatter on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hensler wrote: »

Why in particular?

Possessed vaginas.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Marvel's moratorium on big events will only last until DC starts showing them up with their next big event.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Look there won't be big events for maaaaybe a year. But Marvel has already started setting up their next one with their flash forwards through time in Captain America and... Iron Man, I think?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And ASM. Looks like its the robo-pocalypse coming.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

The lede for CBR's front page story about Brian Reed's Spider-Man work (Really?!?! Reed's working on Spidey. Who'd have guessed?) yesterday said American Son is Harry.

iFanboy's video from the Emerald City Comic Con had Bendis say the Kang story is basically like the end of Back to the Future (Something's gotta be done about your kids!) because Kang breaks the space-time continuum and the Next Avengers ruin the future while all the different alternate futures (2099, Old Man Logan, Next Avengers, Maestro Dystopia, AoA for some reason, etc.) are trying to occupy the same space and time in the future.
    And ASM. Looks like its the robo-pocalypse coming.

Martians, dude.

Martians.

Crimsondude on