As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vault Boy Puppet Stand/Enclosure

jorussjoruss Registered User new member
edited March 2010 in Artist's Corner
A year ago I picked up a couple of vault boy puppets as a gift to some close friends. Over an outing we started discussing stands and what to use as a display case. I suggested that my wood working friend create a base that looks like vault door. A year later here are the results! Cheers to my good friend Patrick for making this to spec.

Here's the base made from Walnut. Kudo's to Pat for his excellent craftsmanship.

4426007682_3b6f834661_o.png

Here's the infamous vault boy puppet. Yes.. he speaks to me at night.

4425243211_3bdba59936_o.png

The bell jar -- can be found anywhere on ebay ranging from $40-50

4425243153_79456087fd_o.png

Finally all three put together:

4425243075_8fe57a8335_o.png
4426007378_9b4495f894_o.png
4425242915_735eaef0cd_o.png
4426007202_2af750f854_o.png

For those with Vault Boy Puppets my friend may consider making this on request if there are enough. The biggest time consumer is applying the lacquer due to the cold weather we've had.

-J

joruss on

• Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    that jar's way too small for him. in a display case, you need to give the item room to breath, not be squished and malformed by the casing around it.

you would also want the stand tall enough that the shirt fully hangs down, and doesn't crumple up, making him look stumpy.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    TeangeolaiTeangeolai Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, the stand looks awesome, but I agree that the glass jar is rather too small for the size of the puppet. He looks really squished in there. The wooden gear is super classy though.

Teangeolai on
    QuiresBanner1.png
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why didn't your friend post these?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    jorussjoruss Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Why didn't your friend post these?

He didn't have a bell jar and the first base he made was for me.

joruss on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, this is kind of neat but putting a bell jar on top of something someone else made doesn't really qualify as art. This might almost be better of somewhere like the Games and Technology subforum.

DMAC on