As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need a new forum, a traders forum

28682868 Registered User regular
I propose a forum for the like minded people of penny arcade to sell and trade their wares, post links to their ebay auctions etc.

Of course it would be like anandtech and trade at your own risk, and in order to post or participate you should have a join date of a month or two, to keep people from wandering in who are not true members of the community. And a sticky should be maintained to allow for feedback. And to bar evil shits from stealing.

As a community we forumers share many special interests, it would be hot if I could post a thread that says, fire emblem for sale, or 12 daredevil comics for sale here is my ebay link, etc. (i'm not selling these items they just popped into my head) It seems right that a PA member should get an item like this from another PA member.

I've been a member for a little while and do not recall a forum like this. My apologies if this has been a failed experiement in the past.

Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
2868 on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2004
    Nope. Penny Arcade does not want to be responsible for people getting ripped off on their forums, therefore it will never happen. Use PM's, put things you want, or are selling in you sig, but that is the closest thing to a trader's forum there will ever be.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2004
    That's why it would be for regulars, Raijin. Like, MacRumors has a Sales/Trade forum, and someone got ripped off by a business posting there, and he didn't even think of blaming MacRumors.

Plus, some people don't post enough for a sig to be noticed.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2004
    This has been suggested several times before, and shot down for good reasons each time. Take the hint.

Tube on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2004
    A world of no.

I do not want to listen to the fall out. It's bad enough when one of you starts to whine about the suXBOX or the gaycube much less selling things to each other.

denihilist on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2004
    The reasoned response is just that we aren't setup to facilitate this, nor do we want to incur the risks. There are a great many sites out there dedicated to just such an endeavour and I hope that each of you find resale nirvana on one of those sites.

denihilist on
This discussion has been closed.