As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] The World Ends With You - Update #13 (19/04) blue noise!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Watched the first set, good stuff. The reaction to the frogs was priceless. Will watch the second set later.

Just a tip, it's probably a good idea to update the thread title with whatever set you're up to, so people casually scrolling down the forums will know when a new update is up.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I finally have a DS with a good touch screen again and I boot up TWEWY. I hadn't played in 326 days.

Had to crank up the levels to beat some of the end game stuff again. Man am I rusty. I think I finally got a good grasp on
    Beat
    though.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What really bothered me with this game was the difficulty spike for the post-endgame stuff. Y'know, where you're getting the special tasks on each day. I was totally looking forward to playing through the game again with that, but some of those bosses were just too hard for me (I think I actually hit a brick wall on the first or second day), where you have to beat a crazy insane version of the semi-final boss. I should probably just play it again though (or listen to the soundtrack).

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this is awesome, keep up the good work
    i can't play through again because i'd have to delete my file, but this is a good substitute. also the polishing simulator joke was great

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AK85AK85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Watched the first set, good stuff. The reaction to the frogs was priceless. Will watch the second set later.

Just a tip, it's probably a good idea to update the thread title with whatever set you're up to, so people casually scrolling down the forums will know when a new update is up.

How do you do that? I can't find the option

AK85 on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AK85 wrote: »

Go to your first post, hit edit > advanced > then edit the title.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

*slaps his forehead*

thx

AK85 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    S'all right.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love your reactions to the game's features as you discover them. It's like vicariously playing a game for the first time.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

*slaps his forehead*

thx

You can also do it from the main screen by clicking on the bar that has the thread and not the link itself. But for an LP you probably want to link to the new post anyways so you are editing the first page...

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man. I sunk so much time into this game. The thought of this LP is making me think I should pick this up again.

This game took over my life!

So fun, yet now I am going to have to start carrying a pin leveling chart with me everywhere.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I never went and did those extra missions, but this Let's Play and the Neku cosplayer at PAX are tempting me to boot it up again despite the presence of four or five games in my backlog.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Update #3 in which there is plot plot plot and then some more plot

Sorry for the abrupt ending update #4 most likely on wednesday

AK85 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I was only able to get into PAX during some fairly late hours for some boardgaming, but did anyone mingle the crap out the game while there? Must have been insane.

I heard from my friends there at a busier time that pokewalkering was insane, but I know from history that some people did a years worth of mingling at PAX back when this game released.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I accidentally forgot my copt of TWEWY when I went to PAX (I was only there for Sunday), but yeah, nearly everyone had Pokewalkers. Got so much stuff of that, so I'd expect that there was much Mingling going on.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    UPDATE #4 in wich we continue our genocide of animals by killing most likely the last bat of its species

By the way any suggestions to what pins/items should i use?
    Also Should i sell the 20.000 yen pin or keep it?

Suggest away

AK85 on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just want to say that even though I was originally leery of the way it used the touch screen, it turned out that it was super awesome, and I'm playing this again. Pity you can only have one save at a time.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    One of my favorite video game songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    twewy has basically the best video game music

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DragonatrixDragonatrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This thread is both the best thing and a major disappointment to me. The major disappointment isn't related to you in anyway, and I'm basically just thinking out loud at this point.

Also, as awesome as the game audio is (and it all is), please lower the volume slightly; you're very hard to hear over it.

E; This all reminds me, I should try beating those noise, and that boss, without use of those pins. Vague as hell, but anyone who's played the end-game (and beyond) knows what this is referring to. Hopefully.

E2; Speaking of pins, how the heck do you even use Scratch pins? I've never got 'em to ever work so I just gain SDPP or MPP with 'em (got BPP when it was needed for evolution only).

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really wish the combat system didn't require so much multitasking. The second dodging became required for your partner, it quickly became very painful.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    maniac98maniac98 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This game look pretty good, I think I'll get it, if something else doesn't show up I want more. I really like what you're doing here.

maniac98 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hello guys there won't be an update today as i am going out to watch the Champions League game [go Arsenal!] also i will be trying out some new things in update #5:

1. New audio set up so my voice is better heard over the games music as suggested

2. Actually this depends on what you guys think: Should i read out loud ALL the dialog or do what i did untill now which is read it silently and react to it from time to time?

AK85 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I prefer #2 out of those, but that's just my personal preference and what-not.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, don't voice-act. No offence meant, but you do not sound like, for example, a teenage girl.

I don't think it would work.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I really wish the combat system didn't require so much multitasking. The second dodging became required for your partner, it quickly became very painful.

Seriously? That's my favorite part. Trying to balance defense with offense is the challenge in this game. It would be kinda boring if you could just leave your partner on auto the whole time. (And expect to do well.)

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Update #5 in which we learn about trends... woo..freaking..hoo...

Well that wasn't too exciting honestly, lets hope for more action next time

Also is this audio setup better?

AK85 on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jurg wrote: »

Seriously? That's my favorite part. Trying to balance defense with offense is the challenge in this game. It would be kinda boring if you could just leave your partner on auto the whole time. (And expect to do well.)

I play with my partner on Manual. I'd glance up to make sure my partner is attacking in the right direction and maybe with the "best" combo branch, and when I go back to Neku I'd realize I was scratching/slashing/tapping at nothing. Or vice-versa.
    Also, I was playing on Hard the instant it became available, but when the Black Noise showed up things went to hell. Dodging suddenly became an absolute necessity, and that kinda screwed me as the attacked I need to dodge hit me with around 150 dmg.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also is this audio setup better?

Pretty much perfect now :D

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I play with my partner on Manual. I'd glance up to make sure my partner is attacking in the right direction and maybe with the "best" combo branch, and when I go back to Neku I'd realize I was scratching/slashing/tapping at nothing. Or vice-versa.
    Also, I was playing on Hard the instant it became available, but when the Black Noise showed up things went to hell. Dodging suddenly became an absolute necessity, and that kinda screwed me as the attacked I need to dodge hit me with around 150 dmg.

Mashing left and down on the D pad is very effective for beginners.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the audio is good now

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cantido wrote: »

Mashing left and down on the D pad is very effective for beginners.

Two things that fuck that up:

1. The enemy is to the right.

2. You come out of the dodge just in time to get hit for 150 damage.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Update #6 in which we kill JAWS and i forget the word "Area"

Now that's definately a more exciting update lots of fighting and a very fun boss

also grumble grumble recording glitches grumbl grumbl

AK85 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    one million fucking yen?!

ahaha, i could watch these all day

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Update #7 in which we kill bears almost die TWICE mend a frendship and fail at the english language

Remember kids! Talking to each other is always the best way to fix differences. Reaper Creeper on the other hand is NOT. Unless you want emo Neku to decide for you.

AK85 on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    one million fucking yen?!

ahaha, i could watch these all day

That's not even the most expensive thing, either. Also, grinding for shadow matter to get dark matter so I can get scarletites is fucking tedious. It's a good thing this game is so awesomely fun.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the proof is in the pudding... the pudding of their doom
    never enough puns

also yeah that last bear fight was pretty intense and fun to watch. suddenly it jumps into the air oh shit

I don't consider grinding in this game real grinding because the fighting is fun and the music is good

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I don't want to hijack the thread, but this seems like the only place this game is talked about now around here. I bought this game about a year ago because I heard such amazing things about it. I got through.. Hmm.. I think I'm on Day 6.. But I kind of started to play less once I started that Day because I thought "Oh shit, is this game almost over already?". Then I tried to out think the game, and try and figure out what could happen to extend it past the point where I was sure it had to end.

So basically my question is, without giving away spoilers..
    Does the game keep going after you get to the end of Day 7 which is when "the game" is supposed to end?

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Ok, I don't want to hijack the thread, but this seems like the only place this game is talked about now around here. I bought this game about a year ago because I heard such amazing things about it. I got through.. Hmm.. I think I'm on Day 6.. But I kind of started to play less once I started that Day because I thought "Oh shit, is this game almost over already?". Then I tried to out think the game, and try and figure out what could happen to extend it past the point where I was sure it had to end.

So basically my question is, without giving away spoilers..
    Does the game keep going after you get to the end of Day 7 which is when "the game" is supposed to end?

You'd probably know if you read the manual. There are some pretty major things mentioned in it that you haven't encountered at that point.

Peewi on