As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

fun on a bun! (image heavy)

the_red_pandathe_red_panda Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Artist's Corner
im just going to put these here. cuz they are heavy. and my back hurts.

john wayne
johnwayne.jpg
vacancy.jpg
bestillmybeatingheart.jpg
stylized version of me and some friends after a bender (im on the right)
wheresmyphone.jpg
halfdragonwarrior.jpg
i was fooling around in PS a while back and this slipped out.
threethingsthreeten.jpg

any words of wisdom are much appreciated kthnx

im dumb as hell >_>
the_red_panda on

• Options
    GinnyGinny Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    *sigh*

I miss printmaking at MCA. I have so many shirts with little black lines on them from leaning too close to the table.

Anyway, I think it looks fantastic. Lines and shading are smooth, and if I ever did a John Wayne like that, my father would crap himself.

:)

Ginny on
    -Ginny*-
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Looks like you could do with some figure studies. The muscles on the hellboy looking guy are way off, even for a comic style.

The work of observation (Wayne) could also use a little more attention to detail, as you have failed to capture the nuances and fine detail of your reference, which is one of the points of using ref. As a result the proportions and likeness are vaguely recognizable but it's a pretty lifeless drawing.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, the John Wayne seems a bit off in a few areas. Most noticably in the eyes. Good rendering though.

The stylistic ones are rad, and I really dig your cartoons. They aren't anime and they aren't graff, but some hybrid that is all your own.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ginny- lol me too. and i did the john wayne picture for my dad actually

Scosglen- iv had one figure drawing class, but we only had female models (community college wouldnt you know) so admittingly i do bullshit my way through some muscle structure. as for the wayne, i see what your saying. i need to go back and work some details into the face.

Earthwormadam- thnx much, that is probably one of the best compliments iv ever gotten.

i appreciate any help i can get. cant get better without knowing what your doing wrong and all that jazz >_>

the_red_panda on
    im dumb as hell >_>
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    bestillmybeatingheart.jpg
    Is this guy picking his nose?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    lol, he is now :D