Options

[DnD 4e]The Massacre at Ft. Dolor[game thread] Teleport-induced vomit!

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yes, due to the nature of PbP's, that's something I would allow. Maybe, in the future, if you think of some conditions that, once they happen, I can automatically adjust for it.

Farangu on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, want me to do up some RP for making that ogre suddenly not hitting me, then? Cuz I can do that shit!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I got ya covered.

"KRUNK...miss?"

Farangu on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Would Trilleste's attack still hit if I'm at H11?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yep, it's a blast 6. She don't fuck around. Dungeoneering check to figure out what she is.

Also, Zurin takes (5)5 damage from her aura.

Farangu on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sorry about not bein here yesterday, long day at work then I ended up goin to the bar after.

Anyway, Im writing up a turn, gimme a couple minutes.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Good lord what is that? Is that... is that an Ogre? I thought those were just in fairy tales!" Jordan summons Achak next to the archers, and slides forward cautiously. He kneels down and places his hands on the floorboards and chants. The ground begins to quake, windows rattling in their frames, causing people to check their balance. Suddenly three stone bears burst up from the floor underneath two of the archers and the ogre. They rear up and slam their foes to the ground, mauling them as they go. The stone melts back down into the ground as if it were water, but the ground still quivers around those three.

"Well that should keep them occupied... at least for a secon...GAH! BLAST YOU VILE HAG!"
    Jordan is slammed with psychic energy 4 damage
    It was 1d6 right?

Jordan moves to F9
    Summon Achak to E2
    Earthrage Spirit vs REF, blast 5x5 (E4-8, A-E8) 30 vs C7 HIT, 16 vs D6 HIT, 24 vs Ogre HIT for 17.
    Each target hit drops prone. ONGOING: Whenever they are hit by an attack they drop prone, save ends.

Jordan Statblock
    Jordan: HP: 39/68, Surges: 8/10, Bloodied: 34, Surge value: 17
    Spirit threshold: 14 (if he takes 14 or more from one attack he dies and I take 9) Spirit uses my defenses.
    AC: 20, Fort: 21, Ref 19, Will 23, PP: 26, PI: 24
    Spirit Shield, Protecting Strike, Wrath of Winter, Haunting Strike Thunder Bear's Warding, Spring Renewal Strike, Winter Wind Spirit, Bonds of the Clan, Sudden Restoration, Healing Spirit x2, Spirit of the Healing Flood, XX[Earthrage SpiritXX

Postin the opportunity attack my spirit gets since Far will be rollin this most likely.
    Spirit's Shield
    At-Will ✦ Healing, Implement, Primal, Spirit
    Opportunity Action Melee spirit 1
    Trigger: An enemy leaves a square adjacent to your spirit
    companion without shifting
    Target: The triggering enemy
    Attack: 1d20+11 vs. Reflex
    Hit: 5 damage.
    Effect: One ally within 5 squares of your spirit companion
    regains 5 hit points.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes it was a d6.

Also, the archer at C7 you just killed, but the other one gets a saving throw immediately against the ongoing - (3) but whiffs.

Up next: Teach

Farangu on
  • Options
    WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Darting across the room in pursuit of the hag Teach takes a moment to marvel at the skills of his new found comrades, as Zurin transforms into a strange freezing form and bears of stone are summoned by the young one, he lets himself sneak a bit of a smile, These are strong ones he thinks to himself. Snapping out of his admiration trance just in time to catch Trilleste with a piercing blow from his rapier leaving a half dollar sized hole through her abdomen, and setting himself up to support his allies should he be needed.

Hags aura hits for 2 more dmg
    Move: Move to C8 avoiding Oa's
    Standard: Piercing Strike vs Trilleste 19vs Ref barely a hit!
    for 21 dmg
    If provoked I will use Darting strike as an OA against any enemy within 2 spaces.

Next up:
    Archers!

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The archers, even with the presence of the ogre on their side, seem unsettled. The one in the far room takes a step back to shoot at the phantom bear, but misses quite badly. The other two, mottled as they are by Zurin's effects, realize that using the bow would be quite disadvantageous, and so throw them aside, choosing to draw swords. The one next to Zurin fumbles his swing, but the one in the southeast room strikes Arumat with his blade fiercely as he pulls it from the scabbard. AT LEAST HE THINKS HE DOES but Arumat does some MAGIC WOWIE ZOWIE! But the magic fails. Ouch for Arumat.

F2: Shift to G2, Longbow against Achak: (7+9)16 vs. AC, miss.
    F5: Drops longbow, Minor: Draw Longsword, Longsword against Arumat: (19+6)25 vs. AC, hit for 10 damage.
    D6: Stands, drops longbow, Minor: Draw Longsword, Longsword against Zurin: (11+6)16 vs. AC, miss.

Enemy info:
    Trilleste: HP: 27/83, Bloodied, AC 21, Fort 20, Ref 19, Will 18
    Cultist Archer(F5): HP: 38/38, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
    Cultist Archer(C7): HP: 0/38, Dead
    Cultist Archer(D6): HP: 10/38, Bloodied, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
    Cultist Archer(G2): HP: 38/38, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
    Ogre Warhulk: HP: 271/286, Prone, AC 25, Fort 26, Ref 21, Will 21

Updated map:
    hagfight4.png

Next up: Arumat & Samael

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Arumat glances at Zurin, and noticing his new icy countenance, decides this is as good a time as any to use his trump card. "I'm sorry, my friend, but this might hurt a little!" Arumat throws his staff into the air and traces a finger in the shape of a circle across his chest, catches the staff, and beats it against his chest three times like an angry gorilla. His armor erupts in a hailstorm of small, razor-sharp ice fragments, impacting everything near him deeply. The archer standing beside Zurin receives several shards directly into his eyes, and at least one of them pierces through to his brain, leaving the poor sot dead. Blood sprays from the many tiny incisions left in his enemies, and sadly, his ally seems to have received a far worse treatment than his true opponents. A thick layer of hoarfrost remains glistening dully on his armor, and he quickly sidesteps onto the corpse of the now-dead Cultist.

Glacial Armor against Lower Archer, Ogre, Zurin, Upper Archer (in order):
    18 damage to the Cultist in F5.
    9 damage to the Ogre Warhulk.
    30 damage to Zurin (fucking crit you, sorry Jack =() reduced to 25 due to his Frost Resistance.
    18 damage to the Cultist in D6, killing him dead.
    Arumat's AC and Fort increase by 2 (Power Bonus) until the end of the Encounter, and anyone that hits him in melee takes 6 damage.
    Arumat shifts to D6.

So sorry, Jack. Figures I roll a 6, 7 and 8 against the enemies, and fucking crit you. I thought for sure I'd miss you, and then your resistance would make my half damage miss be fairly pathetic, but it turns out Murphy had other plans with his laws.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Whoops, misread your power, thought it was only against that one attack. I'll edit the above.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No, it is just against the one attack, so it does hit me. I was the one who misread it.

And then, just to make matters worse, I almost killed Zurin.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also I just checked your roll, 19 doesn't beat the ogre's fort.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Half damage on a miss, hence why it does 9!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    Jack HobbesJack Hobbes Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "WATCH YER AIM, YA SCALY BASTARD. YA DAMN NEAR TORE MY HEAD OFF."

I am officially bloodied. Again, don't heal me until I have a chance to blow my second wind.

ZURIN STATBLOCK
    Zurin HP 40/84 Surges 12/13 Bloodied Value 42 Surge Value 22 (+1 from Belt of Vigor)
    AC 25 (26) Fort 21 Ref 21 Will 19 Speed 5 Passive Perception 16 Passive Insight 16 AP 0
    Strength of Stone, Tempest Assault, Wildblood Frenzy, Earthgrasp Strike, Mountain Hammer, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, +2 Screaming Armor, XForm of the Winter's HeraldX, Thunder Step, Nature's Abundance, Treacherous Ice, +2 Frost Waraxe, Frozen Whetstone
    Enemies from more than 5 squares away take a -2 penalty to ranged attacks due to Cloak of Distortion.
    Make a saving throw at the beginning of every turn.
    All spaces within 2 of me are difficult terrain for enemies.

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man between us Pinfeldorf we have just been straight up wrong today

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Samael staggers across the room, his mind reeling from the crone's horrifying shriek, and repositions himself to get a better view of the looming ogre in the hallway. The woman must be dealt with, but I'll leave that to Teach...he seems more than capable. Something must be done to help the dwarf and the dragon.

Samael whispers a string of words that seem to slow down as they leave his mouth, and he pushes both hands toward the ground as he does so. The ogre's eyes begin to look a bit heavy, and his movement becomes a bit sluggish. Just as it seems as though he might shrug it off, the emblem of Bahamut on Samael's armor begins to give off a bright silver light, and the ogre begins to slump again.

Move to E12.
    Sleep on E2.
    Misses Ogre, hits Archer at G2, not sure if it can affect Achak, but I rolled for him and critted.
    Activating Irrefutable Armor. Rerolling the attack on the Ogre with a +2 bonus. 32 vs Will HITS!
    Activating Orb of Imposition on the Ogre. Ogre takes an additional -5 to saving throws.
    Ogre, Archer, possibly Achak:
    Slowed (save ends). If first saving throw fails, target becomes unconscious (save ends).
    Ogre takes a whopping -8 to saving throws for this power. The archer takes -3 to saving throws.

Samael's Stat Block
    Samael HP 28/48 Surges 5/6 Bloodied Value 24 Surge Value 12
    AC 23 Fort 14 Ref 19 Will 21 Speed 6 Passive Perception 19 Passive Insight 24 AP: 0
    Illusory Ambush, Thunderwave, XOrb of ImpositionX, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Shield, Color Spray, XTwist of SpaceX, XSleepX, XVisions of AvariceX, Levitate, Orb of Fickle Fate, XIrrefutable ArmorX
    Enemies take -1 penalty to Will saves against ongoing effects of my powers due to Phrenic Crown.
    Enemies take -2 penalty to (save ends) effects due to Cunning Dagger.

Next up: Trilleste!

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm, not sure if sleep would effect a conjuration. In the conjuration rules theres a line that says "Unless an attack specifically targets conjurations, only the attack’s damage (not including ongoing damage) affects the conjuration." But Im new to conjurations so Im not sure.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The Spirit can't be targeted by area attacks. Any area attacks. Period.

Also, for the record, the ogre is only taking that penalty to the FIRST saving throw, thanks to the Orb of Imposition nerf.

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Good call, Zurin. At least it'll continue to take the -3 penalty from my other items.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The dwarf is upset at her wounds, and after takes a step away from the fracas, begins her shout again. She really puts her larynx into it this time; the sound is twice as bad as what you heard before, and it seems to snare more of you.

The ogre, meanwhile, attempts to fight off the effects of the spell by twirling madly with his flail, almost looking like a storm. His flail whiffs the bear and the dragonborn, while Zurin ducks underneath. It does go partially through the wall and takes the head clean off the archer closest to you. After the ogre stops spinning, he brings down his flail once more onto Zurin, who brings up his shield to block a second too late. The exertion only helped the spell take its course, though, and it slumps to the ground, unconscious.

Archer gets automatic saving throw: (2-3)-1, Fail. He is asleep.

Samael and Arumat still take (3) 3 damage from the aura.

Trilleste: Shriek of Pain that will target Zurin(15+8)23 vs. Fort, Arumat(6+8)14 vs. Fort, Archer(F5)(1, Crit miss), Teach(14+8)22 vs. Fort, and Jordan(16+8)24 vs. Fort. Everyone but the Archer and Arumat takes (15+9)24 thunder damage. She is PISSED. :D

Ogre: Flail Hurricane, close burst 2, against Achak(11+12)23 vs. AC, Zurin(10+12)22 vs. AC, Arumat(12+12)24 vs. AC, Archer(F5)(20, CRIT) and Archer(G2)(11+12)23 vs. AC. Everyone hit takes (12+6)18 damage, and is knocked prone. This kills Archer(F5). Ogre will then ACTION POINT to swing his flail at Zurin once more: (16+14)30 vs. AC, Hit for (11+6)17 damage, and Zurin can make his prone save. Saving throw: (5-8)-3, Ogre falls unconscious.

Enemy info:
    Trilleste: HP: 27/83, Bloodied, AC 21, Fort 20, Ref 19, Will 18
    Cultist Archer(F5): HP: 0/38, Dead
    Cultist Archer(D6): HP: 0/38, Dead
    Cultist Archer(G2): HP: 38/38, Unconscious, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
    Ogre Warhulk: HP: 262/286, Unconscious, AC 25, Fort 26, Ref 21, Will 21

Updated map:
    Next up: Jordan, Zurin & Teach

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    For the record, Achak cannot take any damage from a Burst or Blast attack, so he doesn't take the damage or get knocked prone by the ogre. Also, my AC is 26 now, so the ogre also missed me with his burst. In short, the ogre killed his buddy and then fell asleep, so I'm gonna draw a dick on his forehead in sharpie when it's my turn again!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wait, where does it say no area attacks affect spirit companions? I is confused.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Shit, that hurt. Well when someone clarifies about the Achak situation Ill take my turn. But its probly just gonna be healin myself, heh.

Jordan Statblock
    Jordan: HP: 15 (7?)/68, Surges: 8/10, Bloodied: 34, Surge value: 17
    Spirit threshold: 14 (if he takes 14 or more from one attack he dies and I take 9) Spirit uses my defenses.
    Spirit Shield, Protecting Strike, Wrath of Winter, Haunting Strike Thunder Bear's Warding, Spring Renewal Strike, Winter Wind Spirit, Bonds of the Clan, Sudden Restoration, Healing Spirit x2, Spirit of the Healing Flood, XX[Earthrage SpiritXX

Postin the opportunity attack my spirit gets since Far will be rollin this most likely.
    Spirit's Shield
    regains 5 hit points.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Straight from PHB2, page 120, the power description for Call Spirit Companion.

"The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks, although it lacks hit points. If a sinle melee or ranged attack deals damage to the spirit equal to 10 + one-half your level or higher, the spirit disappears, and you take damage equal to 5 + one-half your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack."

Unless they specify otherwise, conjurations cannot be targeted by attacks. Specific meets general, though, and the spirit companion specifies otherwise...but only with ranged or melee attacks. Area bursts, close bursts and close blasts are neither melee nor ranged attacks, thus the spirit companion (as a conjuration) cannot be targeted by those attacks. Unless this has been errata'd (and I don't think it has).

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ah, ok. Ogre whiffs the bear.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Arrrgh! Blast that woman! Achak!" Jordan raises his arms and ghostly pale wolf forms materialize and leap upon the ogre. Unfortunately the ogre is prepared and swats the forms from the air. Achak uses the distraction to move to the other side of the ogre. "Damn it all!" Jordan dashes back to where the psychic waves stop rattling his brains and then focuses his energy inwards, healing his wounds. Achak glows with a pale aura which flows over Arumat sealing up wounds.

Wrath of Winter on the ogre. Whiff
    Achak teleports to E5.
    Jordan moves to H7
    Minor to use Healing Spirit on me, Ill spend a surge.
    Arumat gains 11

Also, would it be too much to ask if you guys could post life totals at the end of your posts? I dont need a whole stat block, but it'd be nice to see where everyones at so I know how to spend the healins Ive got.

Jordan Statblock
    Jordan: HP: 32 /68, Surges: 7/10, Bloodied: 34, Surge value: 17

Spirit's Shield
    regains 5 hit points.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Arumat was at 41/58, is now at 52/58.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sweating profusely and doubled over with his face in his palm after the psychic wracking Teach gathers himself. "Wench! These are my comrades! and you will harass them no more!" Teach shouts with the remaining strength he can muster all the while shifting at blazing speed and striking the hag. a remarkably quick first strike catches the hag in the neck opening her throat and leafing her too startled to see Teach's footwork circle her quickly followed by an eruption of blood from the hag's chest as his second blow finds its mark.

Takes 4 psychic dmg from the aura
    Teach is Bloodied
    Move: shift to C9
    Standard: Circling Predator vs Trilleste
    Attack 1 31vs Ac Hit for 22 Dmg
    shift to C10
    Attack 2 33vs Ac Hit for 15 Dmg
    Total 37 dmg
    Trilleste Dies and her corpse grants me CA UEomNT :D
    Minor action: bleed :(

Teach Statblock:
    Teach: 25/57 Temp hp: 0 Surges: 3/6 Bloodied: 28 Surgevalue: 14 Action Points:1
    AC: 23 Fort: 19 Reflex: 24 Will: 19 Passive Preception: 23 Passive Insight: 21
    Reposte Strike, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike, Guarded Attack, Darting Strike, XCircleing PredatorX,
    Sneak in the Attack
    , XHandspring AssultX, Staggering Assult, XSidestep StanceX. +2 Subtle Rapier,
    Elven Battle Leather Armor
    If no creature is adjacent to my target I deal sneak attack damage from Flash of the Blade.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    if the ogre is unconsious shouldnt whatever attack hits him first at least be a coup de' gras and auto crit?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If it hits, yes.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ah ok i misunderstood that rule, i thought that any attack auto crit on helpless targets, what you say makes more sense though.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yea, the rule is if it hits, it auto crits, and if it deals damage that equals the bloodied value, the creature dies. Don't think that last part will apply in this fight, though. :D

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh Zurin, wherefore art thou

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've been busy.

Doing...not this. Post by tomorrow if not tonight.

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zurin grits his teeth and brings his axe down upon the fallen ogre, but fails to pierce its tough hide. Undaunted, he simply raised his axe and swings again, this time drawing blood.

Saving throw to avoid prone. 11. Save!
    Minor Action: SECOND WIND! In addition to spending a healing surge and regaining 22 HP, Zurin get a whopping +8 bonus to AC until the end of his next turn, as well as a +4 bonus to all NADs. He also gains a +2 bonus to his next attack, and a +4 bonus to damage rolls until the end of my next turn.
    Standard Action: Wildblood Frenzy on the prone ogre. I get a +4 bonus to my first attack (2 from combat advantage, 2 from Spirits of Stone). The second only has a +2 from combat advantage.
    First attack: 20 vs AC. FUCK.
    Second attack: 31 vs AC. That's more like it.
    Crit damage: 11.
    Total damage= 1d12+12+11=35 damage.
    Free Action: Mark the Ogre
    NOW I could use some healing.

ZURIN STATBLOCK
    Zurin HP 29/84 Surges 11/13 Bloodied Value 42 Surge Value 22 (+1 from Belt of Vigor)
    AC 25 (34) Fort 21 (25) Ref 21 (25) Will 19 (24) Speed 5 Passive Perception 16 Passive Insight 16 AP 0
    Strength of Stone, Tempest Assault, XWildblood FrenzyX, Earthgrasp Strike, Mountain Hammer, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, +2 Screaming Armor, XSecond WindX, XForm of the Winter's HeraldX, Thunder Step, Nature's Abundance, Treacherous Ice, +2 Frost Waraxe, Frozen Whetstone
    Enemies from more than 5 squares away take a -2 penalty to ranged attacks due to Cloak of Distortion.
    Make a saving throw at the beginning of every turn.
    All spaces within 2 of me are difficult terrain for enemies.

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The last remaining archer manages to rouse himself from the effects of Samael's spell. He stands up, and seeing the bear gone, retrieves his bow.

Archer gets (13), saves against unconsciousness, Move action to stand. Minor to pick bow back up.

Enemy info:
    Trilleste: HP: 0/83, Dead
    Cultist Archer(F5): HP: 0/38, Dead
    Cultist Archer(D6): HP: 0/38, Dead
    Cultist Archer(G2): HP: 38/38, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
    Ogre Warhulk: HP: 227/286, Uconscious, AC 25, Fort 26, Ref 21, Will 21

Updated map:
    hagfight6.png

Next up:
    Arumat & Samael

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Arumat holds his staff above his head, his eyes glowing with a now-familiar bright white light, and a haze of snow and ice crystals above his head forms into the shape of a dragon's head. This dragon opens its mouth and a stream of frozen teeth jet out of its maw at blazing speed, inflicting grievous wounds upon the sleeping ogre, leaving his joints less flexible due to the freezing cold of the attack. He then ducks out of sight of the ogre, lest it wake up in a tizzy.

Ice Dragon's Teeth targeting D3 Hits (crit due to incapacitated!) for 39 damage (9 crit), and slowing the ogre. Arumat moves to B7.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Samael holds his position outside the door and exclaims a word of power, his dagger pointed in the direction of the ogre. Unfortunately, with all of the movement in the hallway Samael cannot get a proper view of the hulking creature and his spell loses focus and fizzles before reaching its target.

Illusory Ambush
    on ogre. Miss.
    Ogre continues to take -3 to saves against unconsciousness.

Samael's Stat Block
    Samael HP 28/48 Surges 5/6 Bloodied Value 24 Surge Value 12
    AC 23 Fort 14 Ref 19 Will 21 Speed 6 Passive Perception 19 Passive Insight 24 AP: 0
    Illusory Ambush, Thunderwave, XOrb of ImpositionX, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Shield, Color Spray, XTwist of SpaceX, XSleepX, XVisions of AvariceX, Levitate, Orb of Fickle Fate, XIrrefutable ArmorX
    Enemies take -1 penalty to Will saves against ongoing effects of my powers due to Phrenic Crown.
    Enemies take -2 penalty to (save ends) effects due to Cunning Dagger.

Next up: Ogre I believe?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png