Options

WeekoGames,3/28: DSiXL, WarioWDIY, M&B Warband, DOA Paradise, SakuraWars, Zeno C.XBLA

2»

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well since I don't really carry it around with me and if I do it's in my bag, I don't care about the size. I tried it in Japan and it was super comfortable and comfort is important to me. I don't like sleepy hands.

Not to mention that I need a new DS. I have an original DS, and the top screen has a green tint and a hinge crack from when I dropped it.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It fits in cargo pants sized pockets, or side pockets on taller people like myself.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is it as sturdy as the DSPhat?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Not entirely sure anything is quite as sturdy as the phat. It's apparently got a much more robust right hinge though, just like the DSi.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would do a new thread for this week's games but I think it's pointless and here is why:

4/4 - 4/10

nds
    Squishy Tank

pc
    Borderlands: Double Game Add-On Pack
    Commandos Complete
    Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

ps3 nothing, psp nothing

wii
    Satisfashion

Borderlands: Double Game Add-On Pack
    Mass Effect 2: Kasumi's Stolen Memory

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    IRONCLAD.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow, only two games this week? Really?

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nothing good this week

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is Xeno Clash any good? Might pick that up

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sweet, Giant Bomb is doing a look at Again. I guess it's due to the lack of big releases this week, which is fine by me.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Satisfashion is the best name for a game ever.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Spookymuffin you in the Iraq? I just got back from there, where you stationed?

Also Iraq sux balls, does it not? ;D

Rent on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I...I might buy Samurai Shodown Sen. The Giant Bomb Quick Look actually made me more interested in it.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, looks like we finally got that lull everyone was waiting for. Not that I'm complaining. I've still got games I've been interested from this time last year that I haven't played yet.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Steam is doing a free Multiplayer Weekend for COD MW2 in case anyone's interested. That news was probably posted in the Steam thread but I just saw it posted on Steam and thought I'd share. I played MW1 but never bothered with MP so I'm goign to give this a shot for a bit.

slash000 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never played any CoD game, but I'll try anything free.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lead and Gold is a lot of fun for $15.

The map design in particular is excellent.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I've never played any CoD game, but I'll try anything free.

Pretty much.

I never bothered with CODMW1's multi. I found the SP to be a bit boring (i'm on the minority on that, i know). But I've never really been into the style of MP that COD has. Even so I'm going to give it a shot since it's such a big popular game. Can't hurt when its free.

slash000 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Eh, seems like any old FPS to me, but maybe it's a time investment thing.

The only one I've really enjoyed playing online was F.E.A.R.(1). Heck, I'm tempted to reinstall it and play that instead. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah i tried it just now. It's okay. It turns out I"m pretty good at it.. either that or the online players with ranks higher than me just weren't very good at the game. Even so, I thought it was all right. I guess the addiciton comes in trying to keep levelling up your rank. I guess that unlocks new equipment or something? I dunno. Whenever I get around to buy MW2 I probably won't bother with the multi. Which means it's going to have to drop in price a whole lot since I'll only be buying it for single. And since these games take an eternity to drop in price that means it'll probably be 2014 before I end up playing it.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Modern Warfare? That's that Activision game, right? They'll be releasing three more by next week. The price will drop sooner than you think.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    slash000 wrote: »
    Yeah i tried it just now. It's okay. It turns out I"m pretty good at it.. either that or the online players with ranks higher than me just weren't very good at the game.
    This, a majority of people with ludicrously high rank boosted for the win
    Even so, I thought it was all right. I guess the addiciton comes in trying to keep levelling up your rank.
    It's WoW but in first person, with all the negatives and positives that coincide with WoW

Like literally they're the same damn game at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz develops MW3
    I guess that unlocks new equipment or something?

And perks and killstreaks and attachments and titles and emblems and deathstreaks and oh god my brain is leaking out of my ears
    I dunno. Whenever I get around to buy MW2 I probably won't bother with the multi.
    Don't buy it then, MW2's single player is nowhere near as strong as MW1's

But the online is waaay better

But the maps are worse

Soooo...yeah. Also, if you have friends who own MW2, don't be convinced to get it. It's just a bad idea. That's how I went from "hey I spent 450 bucks in one day, no I don't want any other games" to "Well I guess I'll get MW2 since everyone else is playing it, but eff the DLC" to "I guess I'll get the DLC since all my friends have it" to "Wow it's 3 in the morning and I'm playing Domination"

:(

Rent on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Is Xeno Clash any good? Might pick that up

Yes! There's a steam demo somewhere if you want to try it out, it runs on Source so it's not super intensive. Probably lots of fun on the 360.

Fats on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Modern Warfare? That's that Activision game, right? They'll be releasing three more by next week. The price will drop sooner than you think.

No, it really won't. CoD4 came out in 2007 and they only just dropped the price when MW2 came out.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

No, it really won't. CoD4 came out in 2007 and they only just dropped the price when MW2 came out.

When MW3 gets shoved out the door next year, who's going to want MW2?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wasn't Xeno Clash delayed?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    brynstar wrote: »
    I...I might buy Samurai Shodown Sen. The Giant Bomb Quick Look actually made me more interested in it.

I've been watching it on Youtube, and it's looking somewhat better than I thought a month ago. Right now, the only things keeping me from buying it is that the characters I'm good at aren't in it, and no one has a real projectile

elliotw2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »

I've been watching it on Youtube, and it's looking somewhat better than I thought a month ago. Right now, the only things keeping me from buying it is that the characters I'm good at aren't in it, and no one has a real projectile

I also think they launched it at slightly too high a price. I'm going to be holding off for now as my console died, but I might pick it up down the road.

Isn't it based off of an older arcade game?

brynstar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »

I also think they launched it at slightly too high a price. I'm going to be holding off for now as my console died, but I might pick it up down the road.

Isn't it based off of an older arcade game?

It's a port of the Taito X2 arcade game of the same name, with the addition of coming out in the US, and gore. I'll buy it, if I can ever find it for $30 or less. I do hope that Sen does well/bad/whatever enough for Samurai Shodown to get a KOFXII treatment, with the mechanics from either 4 or 2

elliotw2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That would be fantastic! I still have a soft spot for the original game, which I played a ton of on the 3DO of all things. The second was great too.

brynstar on