As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter (IV/HDR): Fourteen days left! That's less than...336 hours!

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do tricks.

You should try learning jab>electricity with blanka.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My thumb isn't fast enough for that. It always comes out too late when the excitement wears off and the other guy recovers.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Are you on pad or stick?

Should be easier on stick. Like I can't do mk>hands with gen at all on pad.

Blanka has pretty good normals. Try being up close and not rely on ball too much except to combo into. I don't really play blanka but that's what I've noticed from watching good blankas.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Are you on pad or stick?

Should be easier on stick. Like I can't do mk>hands with gen at all on pad.

Blanka has pretty good normals. Try being up close and not rely on ball too much.

This is funny because I can't do mk-hands on a stick (yet, I'm learning), but can do all of Yeb's nasty Gen tricks on a standard 360 controller.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seriously? Damn. :lol:

How do you do it? I can't do it fast enough using my thumbs or holding it using the claw.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Normally this is where I come in and rant and rave about pads not being the worst thing in the world but for the last two or three days I have been completely unable to win a match.

Like i'm not teching throws. I'm blocking high instead of low. I'm eating ultras all over the place. Losing to flow chart Kens. Missing simple combos. Throwing out random ultras again.

The list could go on. I have no idea what has happened.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    it is so bad you guys

:(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it is so bad you guys

:(

Just think if it this way.

Thats how I play on a good day.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Normally this is where I come in and rant and rave about pads not being the worst thing in the world but for the last two or three days I have been completely unable to win a match.

Like i'm not teching throws. I'm blocking high instead of low. I'm eating ultras all over the place. Losing to flow chart Kens. Missing simple combos. Throwing out random ultras again.

Think of it's this way, it's a great time to pick up a stick! :D I kid, I kid...

I fall into this all the time. Just go back to basics for a while. Work on your spacing, so you put yourself in a bad spot less often. Throw out less risky pokes. Then work your normal playstyle back in. (of course that's easier to do with Balrog than Sakura...)

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    T-bolt wrote: »

Think of it's this way, it's a great time to pick up a stick! :D I kid, I kid...

I fall into this all the time. Just go back to basics for a while. Work on your spacing, so you put yourself in a bad spot less often. Throw out less risky pokes. Then work your normal playstyle back in. (of course that's easier to do with Balrog than Sakura...)

I'm doing awful with every character.

Like I went back to Chun because I arguably had a much better Chun and not to mention I could space very well with her but no. I just ate about 15 throws in one match. Just let the guy walk right up to me and do it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Got a pre-order down, not feeling very hyped though, will all change come release day though :)

Snare on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm losing hype too, but that's just because the hype train has been winding down until near release day.

Then the hype will explode like nothing ever before.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think it might be because deep down I'm bored of playing against turtles and Ryu's :(

Snare on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Holy shit, just found out what happened to chris hu.

Hope he's okay. :( Every match that he commentates in are always guaranteed to be entertaining.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/12/ssf4-developers-cover-rufus-fuerte-viper-abel-and-boss-characters/

Awwww.... Rufus got hit hard by the nerf hammer. He got the biggest overall damage reduction out of ALL the characters.

On the plus side, his new ultra sounds good despite MrWizard's info who bashed it for not being easily combo'd into.

It's biggest strength is it's impressive chip damage. It also sucks in people jumping, so that makes it pretty sick anti-air.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They've added an extra level of difficulty for Viper as well. It sounds like they made her burning kick more vulnerable on block. It already loses to most crouchers, and is punishable when you pass over / wiff too close. It's also strange that they said her c.mp was overlooked. I use it all the time because it is easy to link into and then go for thunder knuckle / feint.

stigweard on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh hey, looks like the girl prototype abel actually did make it into a game.

Vid is very NSFW so I'll just link the post with the video.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=225958&p=8692804&viewfull=1#post8692804

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    "Niiiiiiiiiku-niku Douga!"

I'd probably play it for the parody factor if it weren't so blatantly NSFW.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At first I was like oh this isn't really that nsfw..... then ... o_O ..........:shock:D:D:D:D:

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    solsovly wrote: »
    Edit :
    Stupid opera mini ate my long post.

Curiosity explodes at this. Why do I get the vibe I just got spared having my game analyzed so I could be broken in half the next time Solsovly approaches....

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »

The niconico comment attack is brilliant. :lol:

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Lol everything was so normal... I did NOT see that coming. The last character was brilliant though. Love the rape attack.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »

Lol everything was so normal... I did NOT see that coming. The last character was brilliant though. Love the rape attack.

And I just realized that the character after Ai&Bell is "Captain Sayaka", and her second super is a parody of Captain Sawada's from the Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game.

Even has the exact same super KO background

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pretty late to the party on this but I was just looking at the older character updates from the blog. They totally should have left Guile's sunglasses as cancellable. Oh well, I'll just have to master the art of combo into flashkick fadc sunglasses. That will totally be worth the two bars.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Edit :
    Stupid opera mini ate my long post.

Curiosity explodes at this. Why do I get the vibe I just got spared having my game analyzed so I could be broken in half the next time Solsovly approaches....

Analysis and execution are in two different boats. I think you are safe :)

solsovly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Analysis and execution are in two different boats. I think you are safe :)

Haha :).

I can't wait til Lobbies in SSF4, it'll be fun watching other people fight live and comment on it.

For some reason I wasn't as psyched about it in HD, but for this, very amped up.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, just played about 10 people, all of whom played Ryu. Getting kind of sick of this... especially since I main Rufus. It's rough as hell to get close to them. All they do is fireball me, when I get close they whirlwind under me or uppercut me and run away. My best bet is to jump high punch in, but since thats pretty much my only in, they begin to catch on and easily predict it.

Wishpig on

• Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/12/ssf4-developers-cover-rufus-fuerte-viper-abel-and-boss-characters/

Awwww.... Rufus got hit hard by the nerf hammer. He got the biggest overall damage reduction out of ALL the characters.

On the plus side, his new ultra sounds good despite MrWizard's info who bashed it for not being easily combo'd into.

It's biggest strength is it's impressive chip damage. It also sucks in people jumping, so that makes it pretty sick anti-air.

anti-air is the least of Rufus's problem areas IMO. Considering how incredibly easy it is to combo into U1, I can't see U2 getting much play at all.

With his mixups, needing chip damage to finish off an opponent is also pretty low on the list.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, just played about 10 people, all of whom played Ryu. Getting kind of sick of this...

Ryu is one of my favorite matchups. Most are simple to crush because they're so similar, while the really good ones are fun to match wits against (no Sagat levels of stupid HP to burn through while at the sametime avoiding crippling Ultra combos).

What championship level are you at? I ran into less of them the higher I went (and haven't fought one in SG, but the guys up here I know who use him aren't on anymore that I've seen, like Deathnote).

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, just played about 10 people, all of whom played Ryu. Getting kind of sick of this...

Ryu is one of my favorite matchups. Most are simple to crush because they're so similar, while the really good ones are fun to match wits against (no Sagat levels of stupid HP to burn through while at the sametime avoiding crippling Ultra combos).

What championship level are you at? I ran into less of them the higher I went (and haven't fought one in SG, but the guys up here I know who use him aren't on anymore that I've seen, like Deathnote).

I haven't played my 360 version in a while, so I have no idea what championship level I am on that... truthfully I play mostly player fights cause I tend to panic when in a ranked match (I know stupid, but what can you do?) I just picked up the PC version and have been using the pad rather the the stick as I left that at home...

Bottom line, I have no idea, but prob pretty low anyways.

Wishpig on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Ryu is a really shitty matchup for Rufus. My only tip is try and wear down their patience, don't start the rush down until they are knocked down. Neutral jump fireballs all day until they get bored then anti air or crouching fierce them.

Snare on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

i agree completely.

a ryu who doesn't have the chops is an easy win, because everyone has played that matchup thousands of times; a ryu who does have the chops forces you to use your fundamentals and play smart, because he can punish your mistakes hard, he can zone you out pretty well, and he can put on the pressure when he needs to.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I started playing Ryu because I wanted to experience him before Super hit.

His super fireball trap is so much better than Rose's : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So do we know what the bonus is for having SFIV and SSFIV at the same time?

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rubix42 wrote: »
    So do we know what the bonus is for having SFIV and SSFIV at the same time?

for having an SFIV save on your xbox, you get an 11th colour

how thrilled are you

are you so thrilled

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am definitely in the camp that when I fight Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Sagat for 10+ matches in a row, I just want to play someone who isn't going to try and faceroll me with the tier list (Ken gets thrown in there because autocorrected wakeup fierce DPs that hit because of lag piss me off)

Walt on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I started playing Ryu because I wanted to experience him before Super hit.

His super fireball trap is so much better than Rose's : (
    Ryu is OG super fireball trap.

Someone nailed me with c.MK>EX.hado>FADC>Ultra the other day. I never seen it before and I was like WTFBBQ! :x

Walt, I suffer from what I call Ryu fatigue in those situations. I just start to forget what I'm supposed to not be doing and just end up jumping in and eating SRK>Ultras all day long. I can fight Sagats all day long with Sakura tho. I just like hitting things thousands of times a round and still losing to two combos. :P

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!