As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Noir Spider-Man holy shit!)

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I loved 1602. Primarily because of the dinosaurs.

Where's my Siege (on Jurassic Park) series already?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Z0re wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    1602 could be neat.
    Wasn't he powerless in 1602? He was basically just a toady for Fury.

End of it powered up him and Banner and had 1602 Ironman land in America, sequel had him fighting Dinosaurs as The Spider with Banner doing stuff as the Hulk and Tony going around as Lord Iron. Pretty decent sequel.
    Ah. I never followed the sequel.

Kind of sounds like I'm better off for it.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kappus wrote: »
    Been waiting for a good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 =)

Try "Web of Shadows" on the DS.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just wish they would use some new animations. I think they've used the same basic run animation since the first 3D spider-man game on N64/playstation.

But yeah, I've bought every spider-man game that's come out because I am a huge whore for Spidey. The only one that downright fucking sucked was 3. Also 2 is overrated.

And even if this sucks I will buy it and enjoy it because spider-maaaaaan.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't like seeing Spider-Man run. I feel like he should be swinging at all times. It's almost as bad as playing that Reign of the Supermen game and having Superman run everywhere and get beaten up by random street thugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te0wgGRC8N4&feature=related

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sometimes its just not ideal or polite to web swing in certain areas.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Clearly it's Italian Spiderman.

No way. Turkish Spiderman.

turkey%20spiderman%20has%20huge%20eyebrows.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Personally, I'm holding out for Zombie Spider-Man.

zombie_spider_man.jpg

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What about House of M? I think that's technically Amazing Spider-Man, but they can make it another dimension if they want.

I'm almost certain 2099 will be one of them.

I honestly can't think of any other ones that would work. It would be funny if they did Ultimate Spider-Man, but instead you play as ultimate Spider-Woman.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I mean, it looks neat, but it seems overly ambitious for a team that have only made one current-gen title, which is a movie license.

Shaba sure had their heart in the right place, but Web of Shadows was just... yeargh. I still think the open world formula that they've already established has tons of potential, but none of the developers have had any idea what to do with it. There was a rumor a while back about Radical (Prototype, Hulk: UD) being behind the new Spider-Man, which I think could have been awesome, but... yeah.

Goddamn it, I hope it's good. Spider-Man deserves some better games.

Edit:

Although the depression-era Spider-Man looks awesome, I'm really unsure about the whole stealth angle. Stealth is a difficult fucking thing to do correctly, and it can easily end up ruining the entire game if they flunk it. Maybe these guys are the new Rocksteady, who knows?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's going to be 2099 and Evil Spider-man, probably possesed by the symbiote.

Warily cautious. Combat has always been one of the weaker parts of Spider-man games, and it looks like this game is focusing on it. Also It looks like there's going to be more "levels" so I wonder how good web swinging will be.

And for those doubting the game based on the dev, what had the Arkham Asalym guys done before?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I actually think Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) would be more likely than 2099.
    Unless 2099 got some recent surge in popularity that I'm unaware of (which is possible, I haven't been following comics much for a year or two now).

I just hope one of them isn't Reign. And that they can keep themselves from having to bond one of the four to a symbiote (but I feel that hope will inevitably be crushed because they must whore out the symbiotes every chance they get).

Lars on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This game is at least better than the WoS in one way. Peter's voice.

Jesus that game had the wost Spider-man's voice ever.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    This game is at least better than the WoS in one way. Peter's voice.

Jesus that game had the wost Spider-man's voice ever.

His voice was only terrible in the intro. It was just so utterly and completely bad that it is seared into everyone's mind.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God, there were so many things wrong with that game. Like MJ having this weird casual conversation with Spider-Man, referring to him as Peter in front of a bunch of people and no one giving a shit.

The first ten seconds are still pretty awesome, though.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    God, there were so many things wrong with that game. Like MJ having this weird casual conversation with Spider-Man, referring to him as Peter in front of a bunch of people and no one giving a shit.

The first ten seconds are still pretty awesome, though.

The ds version was great though.

I think of the developers posts on here a lot.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shamelessly cross-posting from Graphic Violence. or I guess it might be called post-stealing.
    Furu wrote: »
    So Gamestop had a picture of the pre-order Cosmic Spider-Man costumes up

spidey_suits_01.jpg

Obviously Captain Spikey there is Spider-Man 2099, so who's the other guy?

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Shamelessly cross-posting from Graphic Violence. or I guess it might be called post-stealing.

spidey_suits_01.jpg

Evil opposite spiderman who has a goatee

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Evil Symbiote Spider-man. Guessing he'll be in his black suit.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    I actually think Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) would be more likely than 2099.
    Unless 2099 got some recent surge in popularity that I'm unaware of (which is possible, I haven't been following comics much for a year or two now).

I just hope one of them isn't Reign. And that they can keep themselves from having to bond one of the four to a symbiote (but I feel that hope will inevitably be crushed because they must whore out the symbiotes every chance they get).

As far as I know 2099 Spidey was the only 2099 character people liked.

From that image it's Regular , Noir, Symbiote,and Miguel/2099

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow, less than 20 minutes to prove me wrong.

I honestly am surprised 2099 is one of them, though.

Lars on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    Wow, less than 20 minutes to prove me wrong.

I honestly am surprised 2099 is one of them, though.

When doing alternate dimensions there always needs to be someone from the future.

Noir fits the bill for "past"

And then Symbiote would be evil.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

spidey_suits_01.jpg

495344-spider_carnage_1__super.jpg

But with his mouth closed, obviously.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Marvel really needs to bring back Ben Reilly in the 616 verse. Best Spider-man ever!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dan Slott is writing the script. Fuck yes.

And Web of Shadows was a truly terrible game. The entire experience was full of "destroy 19 transcoders" "5 Tanks" "20 symbiotes" etc etc. Mindless, dull repetition. Yes, it had a good combat system. But that was literally ALL there was.

Now Ultimate Spider-Man... there's a game. Fighting Wolverine in a bar as Venom? Sign me up. The Electro Times Square Battle, Peter Parker kicking Silver Sable's ass, chasing the rhino through a crowded street.... you name it, that game did it.

NaturalNarcissist on
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Noir Spider-Man? Sign me the fuck up!

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Now Ultimate Spider-Man... there's a game. Fighting Wolverine in a bar as Venom? Sign me up. The Electro Times Square Battle, Peter Parker kicking Silver Sable's ass, chasing the rhino through a crowded street.... you name it, that game did it.

Well, aside from Spider-man 2's awesome webslinging, which for some reason they can't bother re-implementing.

Lars on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well thank goodness they brought back cel shading. All comic book games should be cel shaded and Ultimate Spider-Man should be the prime example.

And speaking of the USM game the guys making this game handled the port to the PC. Hopefully that means something cause that was the best Spider-Man game ever in relation to nailing the universe.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I liked Web of Shadows because it appealed to the kid in me that thought symbiote versions of everyone would be awesome.

But as a purely good game, Ultimate is definitely the best, even though the last Johnny Storm race is the most bullshit thing in existence.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I liked Web of Shadows because it appealed to the kid in me that thought symbiote versions of everyone would be awesome.

And that's probably what the developers thought too and that makes them the horrible.

And now you are the horrible.

Also it has been brought to my attention that there is also Spider-Girl! Peter Parker's "what if..." daughter. That would be a cool twist.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

And that's probably what the developers thought too and that makes them the horrible.

Also it has been brought to my attention that there is also Spider-Girl! Peter Parker's "what if..." daughter. That would be a cool twist.

Silly. Peter Parker's never been married!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well maybe so now but its a well known fact that Pete does not pull out.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Well maybe so now but its a well known fact that Pete does not pull out.
    On the contrary Spidey sense means never having to wear a condom.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, my main problem with Web of Shadows wasn't even really a gameplay one, it was simply the following:

I'm pretty OCD with open-world games. Just Cause 2 is giving me a wonderful time right now because it's pure fun but also because there are literally thousands of collectible-style things. When I blow up a radar or something, it says "Radars Destroyed 4/2200" or something like that. And that's fine. I like knowing that the things I'm doing are part of some sort of progression, even if it's a little bit.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows became an absolute nightmare for me. There are random crimes going on ALL THE TIME. They never stop, ever. I can't sit there and go through with story missions leading to the end game when I see all these little side-missions to do, and I can't do all the little side-missions if they're just going to keep regenerating

They locked my completionism into a stalemate, essentially. It fucking sucked

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That said, while other aspects of Web of Shadows weren't really that good, they were leaps and bounds above Spider-Man 3 or Friend or Foe

But these guys? Beenox? Not really feeling a whole lot of faith in them, and that trailer really doesn't help. Maybe they'll surprise me; it's a Spider-Man game, so it's a hard rule that I'm going to end up playing it regardless. But this just feels like Activision pulling away the guys who were helping beat one franchise to death and sticking them on another horse that's only unconscious at the moment.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I'm a bit conflicted regarding Spiderman 2099.

On one hand I hated the entire 2099 world due to it's rampant "let's transplant the 90's into the future", but on the other hand I'm horribly gay for the Spiderman 2099 costume. Hell, wasn't it supposed to be a Day of the Dead costume?

Also, Lord Iron is one bitchin' monker for Iron Man.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i would like one of them to be new

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I would like them to refrain from this kind of ordeal

Remember that Carnage/Doctor Octopus thing?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What kind of weird time warp is this? Didn't we get this kind of Spider-Man game ten years ago? Are all the parts of the city we can't access also going to be covered in some sort of toxic fog?

I don't get how it's so hard to have a Spider-Man game with the webslinging of the Xbox/PS2 Spider-Man 2 plus a good combat system plus a good story. I guess that's completely beyond the bounds of something we could expect from the current Activision, though. I don't necessarily want a super-grim story like Reign, but I definitely don't want more of the cheesy cell-shaded stuff or the massive cheese in general. Hyper-realism wouldn't be ideal either, but come on, there's a nice fat stack of mature Spider-Man stories out there. Pick one, go with it, and stop trying to hammer the franchise into the ground. And for the love of all things comics, no more symbiotes.

Also, Arkham Asylum was good and all, but Batman is just a regular human so it makes sense that everything can be limited to one island. Spider-man in a bunch of obvious video game stages just seems like a major step back at this point considering what we could have instead. I won't say there's no way it can be good, but I'm not seeing how stepping away from the open-world stuff is a good idea for a character like Spider-Man.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

I would like them to refrain from this kind of ordeal

Remember that Carnage/Doctor Octopus thing?

Wait, wait, wait.

Did you just knock Doctor Carnagepus? Wtf man did we play the same game? Tahat end level was fucking intense.
    What kind of weird time warp is this? Didn't we get this kind of Spider-Man game ten years ago? Are all the parts of the city we can't access also going to be covered in some sort of toxic fog?

I don't get how it's so hard to have a Spider-Man game with the webslinging of the Xbox/PS2 Spider-Man 2 plus a good combat system plus a good story. I guess that's completely beyond the bounds of something we could expect from the current Activision, though. I don't necessarily want a super-grim story like Reign, but I definitely don't want more of the cheesy cell-shaded stuff or the massive cheese in general. Hyper-realism wouldn't be ideal either, but come on, there's a nice fat stack of mature Spider-Man stories out there. Pick one, go with it, and stop trying to hammer the franchise into the ground. And for the love of all things comics, no more symbiotes.

Also, Arkham Asylum was good and all, but Batman is just a regular human so it makes sense that everything can be limited to one island. Spider-man in a bunch of obvious video game stages just seems like a major step back at this point considering what we could have instead. I won't say there's no way it can be good, but I'm not seeing how stepping away from the open-world stuff is a good idea for a character like Spider-Man.

I said this in the GV forum, almost word for word.

ALl I want is Spidey 2 with improved combat and tonnes of GOOD side missions, all his rogues, minor and major, minor used for high level random crimes, big cross-city battles with bosses and a good comic story that includes Venom as an ally rather than a villain, again.

DarkWarrior on