As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour: Prime 2010!

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome! That's a great idea! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just started up a brand new MMT TWITTER! It's @PAX_MMT start following today!!! I'll have updates and reminders until the tour, and then I'm hoping someone can take over and tweet the tour route and locations as we go along.

I could do that...if I had an actual iPhone instead of its runt cousin the iPod Touch that only works on wifi :(
    Somebody'll have a smartphone. We'll rope someone into being Twittermeister for the tour.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just started up a brand new MMT TWITTER! It's @PAX_MMT start following today!!! I'll have updates and reminders until the tour, and then I'm hoping someone can take over and tweet the tour route and locations as we go along.

I could do that...if I had an actual iPhone instead of its runt cousin the iPod Touch that only works on wifi :(
    Somebody'll have a smartphone. We'll rope someone into being Twittermeister for the tour.

Twitter works via regular old text too, except you just can't see responses (unless you enable text-back, which OH GOD it can be messy).

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    I had textback on during the CCST. OMG THE TEXT NOTIFICATION NOISE ON MY PHONE JUST WOULDN'T STOP!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure several of us will have smartphones.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm told you can use hootsuite to integrate multiple people into a single twitter account. That could be of use to have everybody posting to the MMT twitter account without having to share passwords with everybody. Plus I think you can link foursquare into that too.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I'm told you can use hootsuite to integrate multiple people into a single twitter account. That could be of use to have everybody posting to the MMT twitter account without having to share passwords with everybody. Plus I think you can link foursquare into that too.

Sweet, this is exactly what I'm looking for. (BTW WTF is hootsuite.... Googles.....)

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Sweet, this is exactly what I'm looking for. (BTW WTF is hootsuite.... Googles.....)

Hootsuite is a Twitter app.

And BTW, I couldn't find @PAX_MTT on Twitter.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's because it's MMT not MTT

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010

Ah, no, I just spell for shit: "We couldn't find anyone named @PAX_MMT." source: Twitter.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Ah, no, I just spell for shit: "We couldn't find anyone named @PAX_MMT." source: Twitter.

put "pax_mmt" after twitter.com/

For your linking pleasure: http://twitter.com/pax_mmt

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Huh. I guess I'm stupid. Serves me right for butting in.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome! I'm now following it in preparation for the only week of the year that I use twitter!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just so you know, in case I need to get everyone's attention quickly for something on the tour, I'm bringing my vuvuzela.

I won't abuse it, I promise. :twisted:

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    jBusyjBusy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is my once a year post on the boards to say I'll be coming. Unlike last time I will be in both days!

jBusy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just so you know, in case I need to get everyone's attention quickly for something on the tour, I'm bringing my vuvuzela.

No vuvuzelas. Sorry.

You may however bring plastic beer bongs. 8-)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cronus wrote: »

No vuvuzelas. Sorry.

You can use it as a beer bong if you really want to, Cronus. :winky:

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited August 2010

No vuvuzelas. Sorry.

Only after I club to death anyone who uses it as a noisemaker.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

No vuvuzelas. Sorry.

I won't just use it to make noise, like I said it's only if I need to get someone's attention quickly.
    I don't have a terribly loud voice for shouting at people to get to da bus stahp.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't done this before, but I'm VERY interested!

(Warning: thread crossover imminent!)
    I really want to attend both days, but is anyone who is going on Wednesday willing to share a hotel? I've checked the hotel room share thread and think I have a room for Thursday through Sunday nights, but no one seems to be offering room on Wednesday. I thought maybe someone else here attending Wednesday's outing would be in the same boat?
    Alternatively, does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap place that's also easy to get to and from (I don't know the area AT ALL)?

Anyone with help, please email me! sewingpunzie@gmail.com

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    punzie wrote: »
    I haven't done this before, but I'm VERY interested!

(Warning: thread crossover imminent!)
    I really want to attend both days, but is anyone who is going on Wednesday willing to share a hotel? I've checked the hotel room share thread and think I have a room for Thursday through Sunday nights, but no one seems to be offering room on Wednesday. I thought maybe someone else here attending Wednesday's outing would be in the same boat?
    Alternatively, does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap place that's also easy to get to and from (I don't know the area AT ALL)?

Anyone with help, please email me! sewingpunzie@gmail.com

You could get a bed in a dorm at The Green Tortoise for $28.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hopefully, My wife and I can be up early enough on wednesday to join into the festivities (at the very least for the underground tours.)

However we will be in and out of the MMT group as I am not sure on the Zoo/aquarium. :)(just not our cup of tea)...have to talk to her about it and I can't get her to read forums to save my life.

def wanna do EMP and tour and such. Lived 3 hrs from Seattle all my life and never really explored it.

Solelron on
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've lived in western WA my whole life and i have only done a fraction of those things. the aquarium was really cool when i did that years and years ago.

So i would like to do this stuff but alas i am poor once again this year and am just barely scraping by with PAX. maybe next year ill catch up with all you guys.

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I signed up!

I will be getting to the Red Lion around 11AM on Thursday. I will look for you folks at the Westlake Center for lunch. I
    want to see all the awesome pictures you guys took and I want to hear some good stories.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited August 2010

No vuvuzelas. Sorry.

I won't just use it to make noise, like I said it's only if I need to get someone's attention quickly.
    I don't have a terribly loud voice for shouting at people to get to da bus stahp.

Anti-vuvuzela regulations do not apply to tour leaders. By signing up for the MMT you agree to indemnify and hold harmless all parties involved in the planning and coordination of the MMT against all claims for loss of hearing, lack of awesomeness, the formulation of 35 new PAX friends, or any other outcome resulting from MMT participation. You can post your pics here after the tour, though. And thank Master Helios. And say Hi to Nomad at PAX!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy Monkey Brains, Batman! I still need to register for this. The whole PPL stuff has had me a little distracted.

Also, whole needs a vuvuzela when you have a conch ala Lord of the Flies, eh?

mostlyharmless on
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does that rule apply to Vuvuzela apps for Android / iPhones as well?

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Holy Monkey Brains, Batman! I still need to register for this. The whole PPL stuff has had me a little distracted.

Also, whole needs a vuvuzela when you have a conch ala Lord of the Flies, eh?

Hm...discarded marine exoskeleton or three-foot flared plastic tube?
    Tough call.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    psychopez wrote: »

I'm gonna go with "yes". All vuvuzelaesque noises fall under the jurisdiction of the tour leader, and tour leader only! Otherwise, the flock may become confused and scatter. Or possibly violence may ensue. There is also a small chance that multiple vuvuzelas will bring a flash mob of Sounders fans who will bring with them all the fury of a mob of American soccer fans who cavalierly watched the World Cup 4 years ago and are suddenly interested in soccer because Seattle finally has a (major league FC) team and it's trendy and therefore the fans need to prove that they mean business for serious. Also Sounders fans are gangstas.

/derailing own thread

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I'm gonna go with "yes". All vuvuzelaesque noises fall under the jurisdiction of the tour leader, and tour leader only! Otherwise, the flock may become confused and scatter. Or possibly violence may ensue. There is also a small chance that multiple vuvuzelas will bring a flash mob of Sounders fans who will bring with them all the fury of a mob of American soccer fans who cavalierly watched the World Cup 4 years ago and are suddenly interested in soccer because Seattle finally has a (major league FC) team and it's trendy and therefore the fans need to prove that they mean business for serious. Also Sounders fans are gangstas.

/derailing own thread

I think MetaverseNomad is my new hero, or at least MetaverseNomad's rambling subconscious.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited August 2010

/derailing own thread

I don't think we really have to worry about Sounders fans in a furious mob. This is still Seattle, after all, where Oklahoma takes our sports teams and Paul Allen holds financial dominance.

Anyway, yes, let's not go overboard on the vuvuzelification. It's to be used as a signal for the tour to regroup and as such there should be one and only one such signal at one time. Sort of like a coach's whistle, only several times larger and comically impractical.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Would a Didgeridoo be a reasonable caveat to the anti-vuvuzela legislation?

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Decius wrote: »

If you really want one, be my guest. Just be careful with it.

Have we really gone like a whole page discussing nothing but Vuvuzela?
    If this keeps up we'll have to rename it 2010 Musical Mutiny Tour.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Better to have the discussion and the ground rules down, rather than tinged with ambiguity and a stampede of world music 'instruments'

psychopez on

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Mutiny may well be the correct word if we have to hear a vuvuzela.

Keep in mind that the places we are going may not be too keen on having someone blow a vuvuzela as well.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Steel Fire wrote: »

Mutiny may well be the correct word if we have to hear a vuvuzela.

Keep in mind that the places we are going may not be too keen on having someone blow a vuvuzela as well.

Another good reason why we should only have one, and only use it in an emergency.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    DelxainDelxain Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm strongly considering this but the timing for the underground tour will be tight. I'm having to fly into either Vancouver or Abbotsford and drive - I get flight deals to those cities. The Vancouver flight lands at 7:23 am and the Abbotsford flight lands at 8:30 am. The issue with Vancouver is apparently it's much buisier and customs can take a lot longer. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I just forget the underground tour and aim for the afternoon?

Delxain on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Delxain: Hmm, I would bet that even with the customs delays you'd be in the Seattle area by 8:30. If you booked it from the airport to your hotel, checked in, and bolted out... I think you should have enough of a time buffer to make it. That's just my guesstimate though, don't take my word for it. =( If you get to Seattle late, however, you might run out of that (pretty tight) buffer room.

So who else is joining our crusade? Do we have any last minute takers? I promise you, it will not disappoint! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    YAY! I always wanted to be a terrori....I uh mean tourist.

Try living in a tourist town. It's a legitimate slang term for tourists.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    RadicalIsotopeRadicalIsotope Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Quick question about the morning meetup. What/where is the Pig in the market? Is it a statue at the market, eatery, some strange foreign object that someone in abstract art thinks looks like a pig but actually isn't? I remember seeing a pig shaped vehicle (at least I think it was a vehicle) a couple blocks from the market when I was wandering around last year.

RadicalIsotope on
This discussion has been closed.