As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPod Touch headphone jack problem... Also, MacBook / iTunes question

ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

My iPod Touch has recently gone on the fritz for reasons unknown. Basically, something seems to be up with the headphone jack; wiggling the headphone plug just a little can make sound drop out in one ear, result in fuzz, and so forth (obviously problematic given that the thing is often sitting in a jacket pocket or some such). I've tried with a number of pairs of headphones, so I know the problem is with the jack itself.

First, I'd like to know if anyone thinks this might be fixable without paying out the ass at Apple. I have been utterly reamed at the Genius bar of late and would prefer not to subject myself to the ordeal of even going there and waiting, if possible (I live in Manhattan, so the Apple store is always absolutely packed and even scheduling an appointment days in advance tends to mean upwards of 30 minutes of wait time).

Next, and though this seems a little silly, I'd like to know if it's possible to be able to set my MacBook up such that I can have iTunes playing music through headphones while the laptop is closed. Since I tend to carry it around with me anyway, I figure being able to do this might be a serviceable alternative to my iPod until I can get it fixed.

Thanks in advance!

pygsig.png
Zeromus on