As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Microphone is Drowning Me

BaidolBaidol I will hold him offEscape while you canRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
After logging in to play TF2 for the first time in several months, I was informed that my microphone was making my voice sound like I was drowning or like a deranged chipmunk. I used the Steam microphone check to verify and, indeed, it did sound like I had swallowed a balloon of helium. To see if it was just a Steam problem, I used the built-in Microsoft hardware test and got the same result.

I have attempted to search for a solution on my own, but it appears my goggle-fu is weak. I have a MacBook Pro and am running Windows XP natively using BootCamp, using the default IDT Audio drivers and the built-in Microphone. I have no idea what other information you may need to help me. The only changes to my Window's partition since I stopped playing were to make the partition larger and install whatever Window's updates came up.

Please help me get back to frantically warning people about the spy going to stab them in the back.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
Baidol on

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it sounds like a microphone problem, it might simply just be giving up the ghost

borrow a microphone and check

Raneados on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The mic works fine on the Mac partition. Are their alternative sound drivers I can use?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957