edited May 2010
    I hate three dog so much

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Does everyone have a least favorite monster to look at

Bloatflies really unsettle me for some reason, don't quite get it, but mostly it's Centaurs

fuck centaurs

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Does everyone have a least favorite monster to look at

Bloatflies really unsettle me for some reason, don't quite get it, but mostly it's Centaurs

fuck centaurs

Centaurs in F3 are nothing compared to centaurs from F1/2.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jesus, that first time you run into a mess of Centaurs in F2. Oh let's check out what's down here oh god no, no get back to the ladder. No, no Myron what are you doing oh no reload reload!

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was terrified of wannamingos

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh. Fuck yeah. Thinkin that stupid mine was gonna be a cake walk. God damn.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Operation Anchorage is very linear so far, but it is still pretty fun.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I always fought wanamingos when I had a gauss rifle and advanced power armor

not so scary then

Moriveth on
  • Options
    skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, so I just got this, been playing obsessively. I'm trying to get to the National Archives to get the Dec of Independence, but I can't get there. So much damn rubble. I'm just by that broken monument, the tall spire and I'm heading towards the NA - is that the correct way?

Oh, also:
    On Rivet City, some kind called CJ went missing because I told another kid to tun away from his drunk mother, and now everyone's gone mad looking for them. There's no quest though - do I just find their bodies somewhere?

skinny87 on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "that broken monument, the tall spire"

you mean the Washington Monument?

the game should show you what metro stations to take on a quest like that

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hate that fucking monument. The approach to it is Super Mutant gang rape city.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »
    you mean the Washington Monument?
    Be nice, skinny is european.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I hate that fucking monument. The approach to it is Super Mutant gang rape city.

you dont like gang raping super mutants?

towards the end I only really had fun battling huge hordes of motherfuckers

Al_wat on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Look, I came out of that Museum carrying 3 Dog's stupid dish, head for the giant dick monument, running low on ammo, and suddenly 5 Super Mutants with mini-guns and massive hard-ons come rumbling around the corner. It was not a pleasent time.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I must be the only person on earth who likes Fallout 3's npcs. 3 Dog, Moira, like em both. Everyone else seems to think they are the devil or something.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I found them both pretty inoffensive

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I liked 3 Dog.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't mind moira

but I think after hearing so much of three dog's inane chatter my brain just couldn't take any more

also I hate how he reports on you if you're a bad character

"megaton blew up! also, this person was seen hanging around tenpenny tower. THEY ARE PROBABLY RESPONSIBLE."

I mean, I did do it, but that reasoning is just unacceptable

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't really have a problem with Three Dog or Moira either. Moira's voice is annoying, but I don't see why everyone hates her. Three Dog is annoying, but he is a DJ. "Annoying" is a requirement for DJs.

I really didn't have too much trouble crossing the Mall. Dogmeat has a ton of health, and charges Super Mutants. I shoot them while he bites them. Works out pretty well.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I disliked Moira because it took me awhile to finally get to the Minefield quest, since I had other things going on. As a result, every time I wanted to sell off my scavenged goods I had to hear "SO HOW ARE THOSE HOT LITTLE POTATOES???" in her annoying voice.

I've kinda let her grow on me since then (especially since my evil character ghoulified her).

3-Dog was cool until I started my evil character and now I wanna tear his lungs out for talking shit about me on the radio.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, 3 Dog is a punk bitch. Moira I'm ok with. She's very Pollyanna-ish, but I found that a little refreshing for the Fallout world.

chromdom on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    3 Dog died tragically and violently when he told everyone in the capital wasteland, for the tenth time, that the person who defused megaton's bomb, saved the Big Towners, and freed the slaves at Paradise Falls was the scourge of humanity and not to be trusted

fuck YOU, guy

Margaret will be taking over now

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    moira is supposed to be annoying and they succeeded

L|ama on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Now I'm playing Fallout 3 again.

I never played any of the expansions after I beat the game the first time. Mostly because my X Box took a shit after I beat it the first time and I had to do the whole RROD thing and then never touched the game after that.

Now I'm beelining it to the point where I can get in the Citadel so I can do Operation Anchorage.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    uh? you can do anchorage right from the start of the game

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Really? ...I assumed you had to get into the Citadel to do that. I guess I should figure out where I need to go then.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    if the DLC is working right you should have gotten a message about a brotherhood outcast radio broadcast

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah i did but I just now realized it was an Outcast radio broadcast and not just a Brotherhood broadcast. we;lp. I'm heading there now.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    One of the main features of Anchorage is that it lets you get power armor training without needing the Citadel.

Scooter on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Look, I came out of that Museum carrying 3 Dog's stupid dish, head for the giant dick monument, running low on ammo, and suddenly 5 Super Mutants with mini-guns and massive hard-ons come rumbling around the corner. It was not a pleasent time.

I didn't really have that problem

The Super Mutants are really on the Mall proper, so if you stay around the perimeter you can avoid them completely

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Mall is a Super Mutant funtime playground.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Some of the people in G and T who play this as a min/max perfect gamer thing... geez. How can people have fun like that?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2010
    you should go tell them that they're having fun wrong. I'm sure they're fascinated by your opinion.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Some of the people in G and T who play this as a min/max perfect gamer thing... geez. How can people have fun like that?

its not min/maxing to take 9intel and rush to rivet city for the intel bobble

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I guess I just have a different play style, I don't know.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

its not min/maxing to take 9intel and rush to rivet city for the intel bobble

That is actually a good idea, if you are playing a genius type character.
    smof wrote: »

959557_20100504_790screen002.jpg

edit: I'm trying to guess what the other icons mean. 2nd on the right might be 'Heal' and 4th on the right might initiate a conversation. And I guess 3rd on the left is "stay behind me/follow me". But is 4th on the left "give me a hug"? And what's with the flowers.

Klash wrote: »
    Going counter-clockwise, my guesses are:

Fight
    Inventory
    Stand back
    Come to me
    Lets talk
    Go away/walk off
    Use chem
    Gift - I wonder if that means give them a gift, or they might have a special ability to gift to you, like "here's that bowl of noodles I was cooking up, give me 2 more days for another bowl"

That companion wheel is pretty nifty, but that seems to be on the console. Also, showing me their WG? I love you, Obsidian.

Also, I was referring to generic friendly NPC. The guys in Big Town for example. I was trying to make Ben Canning into a terminator, but the game told me I was a dick and I should stop.

Woo, look at that. I hope that is faster to use than the list type thing in 3.
    The companion command wheel looks awesome. I only have Dogmeat so far, but have to go through a list is a pain. It would be nice if you didn't have to be within touching distance to issue commands. I should be able to yell "come here, Dogmeat! Here, boy! Come on!" or something, and Dogmeat should come if he is within a certain radius.

Also, Op. Anchorage feels like a completely different game. I did a little bit of it yesterday, I am at the base right now, I haven't done any of the three missions yet. Taking a little break from FO.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    All this Fallout talk is making me want to reinstall it

But I'm already working my way through Stalker

maaaan

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    in F3 you take take 10 intel for the point bonuses per level, not for the interaction options you get for being smart.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just beat Operation Anchorage and despite being really linear it was pretty fun. it felt like they were trying to make it into a really straight forward shooter instead of an RPG. It was pretty neat but it felt really really easy with all the health canisters/ammo canisters everywhere.

I'm doing The Pitt now and man-oh-man I am absolutely loving it. Right now I'm
    in The Steelyard collecting ingots

And I am scrounging for stimpacks and water. This is exactly the game I want to be playing.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wouldn't go 9 int, but assuming you have Broken Steel, which you should, it is kinda stupid to not have some extra points in it. When characters hit 30 they all become equal in the main stats anyways, but the character with a higher starting int will be much better off. And there's plenty of game left after 30.

I'd also put some points in strength. Being able to carry extra weight on every trip would definitely add up. End and Cha also have some nice perks tied to them.

Scooter on