As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gears of War 3: Slow thread is slow (and dead)

1464748495052»

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Watching American Chopper, looks like the Rat Bikes talked about in the books were at one point designed/modeled but ultimately not used in game.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So I learned about Best Buy's 50% Trade-in special for pre-ordering the game. According to their value estimator site, I can trade in four of the 3DS launch titles (which were given to me for review, but none that I'm interested in keeping, save maybe Pilotwings) for about $68, more then enough to cover the price of the game.

And for some reason I am trying to seek out the best possible price for the Gears 3 controller. Buy.com is still at the lead for $50 free shipping, but maybe I can sway BB to price match it, as I also have an unused $25 gift card for the store.

S'allll goooood.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I saw this on Rod's twitter and I just confirmed it myself: 25x XP and Ticker Madness (All-Ticker Horde) is active RIGHT NOW, and apparently will be active until the 20th. So if you're still working on your wings, you got a whole week at 25x to do it. That's 6250 XP for a wave of insane horde (Which, being all tickers, can be solo'd through use of a boom shield and hiding in a corner.)

EDIT: Epic Edition unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1vMemQ_edU

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I saw this on Rod's twitter and I just confirmed it myself: 25x XP and Ticker Madness (All-Ticker Horde) is active RIGHT NOW, and apparently will be active until the 20th. So if you're still working on your wings, you got a whole week at 25x to do it. That's 6250 XP for a wave of insane horde (Which, being all tickers, can be solo'd through use of a boom shield and hiding in a corner.)

Which maps have boom shield spawns in horde?

• Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Ugh, these Tickers got old at like wave 4.

Wish there was a way to set it to normal horde. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilentBobXSilentBobX Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Blasting Tickers sounds fun. But if you wanna get XP and go out and do something else,(like sleep or get something to eat) just pick Security, hide behind the laser where the flamethrower is and the little buggers will kill themselves as they try to turn on the switch. Works pretty well.

SilentBobX on
    small.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So I've read that some stores are sold out of the Ultimate edition already, heard the same thing about Halo Reach Legendary. Fell for it that time, and now how much can you get it for? Hasn't changed my plans to wait 6ish months until you can get this thing for 60 bucks on sale.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    I'm koth boosting with some true achievements guys, we have a couple spots left in anyone wants in.

Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options

Which maps have boom shield spawns in horde?

Any map that has it as a spawn in multiplayer. Some maps only spawn it every other level though, but lots and lots of maps have it.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ALL Ticker Horde?

What?

So... I can grind out to Wave 50 on every map now? :D

Sweeeeet.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    All Boomers was a lot of fun. Not sure about all Tickers. I guess we'll see! :D

I found an interesting group playing Ranked Horde over the weekend. Got up to Wave 48 in Tyro Station. It was awesome!

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    coutts wrote:
    I'm koth boosting with some true achievements guys, we have a couple spots left in anyone wants in.

What time are you doing this? I'd like in. :)

• Options
    I'm going to be working on my Insane run this week, if anyone would like to join me. So far I've completed the first two acts.

My luck with random people....hasn't been the best, so far.

Gamertag is Ipori, plus I'm friended with the Metatag.

• Options
    God fucking dammit.

I've been spoilered.

Guys, go into blackout mode now.

Cause this shit is everywhere. I got it on recommended videos on youtube. :/

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Yeah, YouTube is a minefield. All it takes is for a video that pops up at the end to have a spoiler in the title and you're buggered.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    willeth we should do horde mode unless you're too cool to play gears 2 now

• Options
    Also fellas, I can go for some Ticker Horde if y'all are. Waves 1-10 on a couple maps.

And 1-50 on Allfathers.

And whatever those other ones are. :P

I'm DRX 777

Tried to join the metatag, but I dunno if I'm on it yet.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    God fucking dammit.

I've been spoilered.

No GoW youtube videos for me. I'm just gonna work my way through the previous 2 to keep busy (thank you, $20 GoW 3-pack from Best Buy)

Is there a metatag for Gears 2? I'm sadly missing many achievables and pubbies and me don't gel well.

EDIT: NEVERMIND READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    God fucking dammit.

I've been spoilered.

I got spoiled when SEARCHING for something, it popped up in the search suggestions. Like I started typing "gears of" then it popped up "LOL HOW ABOUT THE ENDING!?!?"

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    And now I just learned that Wal-Mart is offering a game+controller bundle and a $20 giftcard for $100.

I could do without the giftcard (because I sure as hell do not want to be committed to buying another game from Wal-Mart), but I don't suppose there's any chance Best Buy would honor the bundle offer?

Might stop there tomorrow and find out.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    These forums are the last stronghold against the spoily-bastard brigade.

This thread is Jacinto... hopefully with a less dramatic ending.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    damn, that game and controller combo is tempting. must... stay the course. amazon.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    You know... I figured Wal-Mart would have more pull to offer more exclusives (in general, not just Gears 3). Most if not all their bonuses are giftcards/mini-guides and nothing much in the way of extra characters/maps/missions that other retailers get.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    God fucking dammit.

I've been spoilered.

Most of those are bullshit, especially the "So and So dies"

Still, a blackout would probably be a good idea.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I really wish this thread didn't take so damn long to load. Kinda wish there was more MP videos to watch online but everything is horde stuff or campaign videos. Something to pass the time you know?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    honestly, I'm going into the game with the full expectation that Carmine will be the only survivor

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    rip marcus's tiny beard

• Options
    beards of war

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    honestly, I'm going into the game with the full expectation that Carmine will be the only survivor

This would be glorious , as the oldest of three brothers I fully endorse the senior carmine being the most badass cog ever.

• Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    God fucking dammit.

I've been spoilered.

Oh, so maybe this one is BS? SPOILER I SAW ON YOUTUBE POTENTIAL GEARS OF WAR 3 STUFF DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU'RE SCOTTSMAN OR HAVE DOWNS
    the ones I read said "gears of war 3 baird dies" :(

• Options
    edited September 2011
    NeuralFizz wrote:
    God fucking dammit.

I've been spoilered.

Oh, so maybe this one is BS? SPOILER I SAW ON YOUTUBE POTENTIAL GEARS OF WAR 3 STUFF DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU'RE SCOTTSMAN OR HAVE DOWNS
    the ones I read said "gears of war 3 baird dies" :(

I've saw that title too, a long LONG time ago. Whether it's actually true or not we can't know until we play the game but for what it's worth, when I saw that title
    It had the Gears of War 2 load screen as the video snapshot, which leads me to believe it was just the part from Gears2 where Marcus thinks Baird is on the King Raven that gets knocked into imulsion by the Brumak and someone is just trying to fool people.

I've also seen similar spoilers for just about every god damn character in the game, so either the campaign is going to be repetitive as fuck or there's a lot of bullshit out there.

Just remember to not actually watch the spoiler videos, and that way you'll never be able to be sure if it's a real or fake spoiler until you play the game and discover it on your own.

Unlike when I watched some supposedly "fake" Portal 2 cinematic and wound up spoiling myself on the games ending. That sucked.

EDIT: Also, be careful when quoting posts that have spoilers in them guys, as it'll reveal the spoiler to you :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Good Lord but the Ticker Horde takes FOREVER. Went 1 - 50 with a small group, but it took over 4 hours!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Okay, on the suggestion of our forum lords, I'm going to just remake this thread because of how long it takes to load. I'll edit this post with the new thread link once it's up. Please don't post here anymore :D

EDIT: Okay, here's the link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/148674/gears-of-war-3-25x-xp-ticker-madness-from-now-until-the-20th-new-thread-smell

If a mod could lock this old thread, that'd be great. :D

Undead Scottsman on