As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, Apparently youtube doesn't work with Opera anymore?

LucidLucid Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Last night My girlfriend and I were going to watch some stuff on youtube, but when we tried to, the video would not appear and it said 'go upgrade!'. Did that(though there was no need to really, her comp has most recent install), and it worked once, but then any time we clicked on a new video it would say to upgrade again. I came home today and turned on my computer and same thing happened.

It's all of a sudden really. No recent opera updates occurred that we installed, nothing. The only updates on either computer has been windows related stuff. Works fine in IE/FF. As little as a couple of days ago, we've been watching videos on youtube on our respective computers. We can still both watch embedded videos such as in the SE++ youtube thread.

Lucid on

• Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Have you tried to update opera since having trouble? I had it happen earlier today but it's fine now.

http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2010/04/15/youtube-fix

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe it's to do with Youtube's new stuff? I use IE at work and it started doing the same thing to me today.

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember something about a format switch and Youtube streamline the software. I think Chome handles it fine, Firefox/IE do too with the right update, but no idea about Opera.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Works fine now.

TychoCelchuuu on