As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookie/Biscuit Brigade Prime

2»

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Eugal wrote: »
    some one made bacon cookies last year. I would love to see those again although after two my belly was quite mad at me.

What about bacon wrapped bacon cookies with a bacon filling! It'll be like your entire breakfast in one bite. nom nom nom... You can also give them to people waiting in line outside the con as to not get screwed over by the possibly LONGER lines at the local cafes.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    BozkoBozko Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ive made m&m bacon cookies before. maybe i'll make some for this :D

Bozko on
    R.O.A.C.H. 's Aluminum Chef~
    SUPER VILLAINS UNITE!
    JOIN R.O.A.C.H. Today!
    The Destructive Kitchen
    R.O.A.C.H. Home Page
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So has there been official word on whether selling Dickerdoodles at the event would be kosher (resist circumcision joke, resist circumcision joke...)? I'm pretty sure Castle Superstore sells cutouts of various body parts, and a quick sugar cookie with icing (dear God resist circumcision joke...) could be cheaply and easily mass-produced.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Eugal wrote: »
    some one made bacon cookies last year. I would love to see those again although after two my belly was quite mad at me.

<- This guy. They're totally a pain to produce, but they were a big enough hit that I might do em again. I was asking $2 a pop, since they were big, on the redux I'll just make them smaller.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, the "unusual cookies" were a surprising hit once the first person in a line tried them! That's the big key I think... you need to find someone crazy/brave enough to try it and express their love for it once they actually realize it does indeed taste good. Then everyone else who was hesitant to try it gives it a shot, and they're gone almost immediately.

I had a lot of puzzled looks at first with the potato chip cookies that Hypatia made: but the first person brave enough to actually try one voiced his love of it quite loudly... and then they were gone by the end of that line. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Would love to be involved in this for Prime. I'm coming in from the UK, so will need to check the rules on transporting food into the US. I know it's all a bit complicated, so I'll check the regs.

I bet there would be a niche but generous market for Jaffa Cakes.

Jaffa Cakes? I can sort that out, no problem :)

I wanted to bring a few batches of my Bailey's Brownies. They've got a few drops of Baileys in them though. I'd assume the alcohol cooks off, and there's only 70 ml to start with in an entire batch, so you'd need to eat more than I'm making to even get tipsy...

Would this be Kosher for PAX (TM)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    VonXWolfensteinVonXWolfenstein Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bailey's Brownies sound super delicious.......*drools*

VonXWolfenstein on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Bailey's Brownies sound super delicious.......*drools*

They've become somewhat legendary amongst my friends. They include Green & Blacks cocoa powder and extra virgin olive oil for super-rich noms too :)

Ideally, should be served with a vanilla cheesecake icing, but that definitely won't survive the trip :(

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'd like to draw something to the attention of all Cookie Brigadiers. This is the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, published by what is unarguably the best bakery in London. These are their actual recipes used in commercial production, but scaled down.

I have, over the last year, spent nearly $500 at the Hummingbird Bakery. It's that good. Please, for the love of all that is holy, will someone buy this book and make some of their cookies and cakes for PAX?

If you don't, then you're...A SILLY GOOSE.

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Something that I saw people talking about in another thread, "What would you do differently at PAX?", were meal replacement bars, like Clif or Larabars. Now I know that people like them and all, but would it be a bad idea to maybe develop and make our own PAX protein bars and meal replacement bars that are homemade, healthy, and taste better than cardboard?

I make these fake LARA bars weekly for my own, personal snackification. It would be no problem at all for me to whip up a triple batch and bring them for Cookie Brigade.

I've also got a super-secret MR 'cookie' recipe that doesn't have soy powder in it.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So this may be a weird question. I think I might be able to do a bit of cooking something tasty, but I have somewhat of a logistical problem. I'm not sure I could bring it on the plane. So would it be possible to ship stuff out to a Seattle local a few days prior to Prime?

ransim on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Will there be another cool unique button for this years Cookie Brigade. I didn't meet up with any Cookie Brigade people until they were all gone last year and I was sad. Then I ate cookies and I was happy again.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cronus, I think there was talk of Lapel pins or something.

Ransim, that should be doable. You'd just need to pack them really well and follow USPS/UPS/FedEX/DHL/carrier pidgeon protocols.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cronus, I think there was talk of Lapel pins or something.

Ransim, that should be doable. You'd just need to pack them really well and follow USPS/UPS/FedEX/DHL/carrier pidgeon protocols.

Awesome, now I need to rope in some volunteers to help me, have to see what we can throw together to ship out prior to PAX. Shipping for me isn't a big deal, I shipped more then my fair share of tasty baked things overseas to people serving.

ransim on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sadly, I'm not sure of whether or not we'll be able to do lapel pins, it seems like the cost would be pretty out there ($300-600-ish for 100-200), unless a whole lot of people wanted to chip in to get them.

Hypatia on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lapel pins would be awesome, but for those prices you wouldn't have any to give out and they would just be expensive. Perhaps buttons would be the way to go since buttons are a lot cheaper and if I recall correctly Pure Buttons gives a PAX discout too. Plus everyone is use to collecting buttons.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am up for joining in on cookie brigade!

My roommate and our boyfriends are going to be baking like crazy to help out before my boy and I head out to PAX. Any suggestions on how to get the cookies there safely by plane? I don't want them to get crushed or killed! Those would be sad cookies.

Also any info being sent out yet on when and where to meet up to hand over donations? Buttons being sent out to participants? Updates on anything?

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
This discussion has been closed.