As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take out . . . and tipping?

2»

• travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    Ah, another person who's never worked at a restaurant before.

Try again.
    Besides the fact that I've put your order together after receiving it from the kitchen (boxing, bagging, utensils, napkins, etc...)

Wahhhhhh, this is your job.
    I've had to take time away from my immediate customers to deal with you. Often causing my in house service to suffer.

Generally, you love to call at the busiest times (middle of a rush) instead of thinking ahead and doing it a proper time.

I can keep going through the rest of your complaints but the answer is still the same, it is your fucking job to do this and deal with it, don't like, fucking quit. I hate it when people come into my clinic at five minutes til close. I hate it when people have to dig through their purse for 10 minutes to find their insurance card or don't have it so I have to call and verify their coverage. I hate it when a bunch of people all come in at the same time and I have to work twice as hard to get them taken care of efficiently.

BUT ITS MY JOB.

Your sense of entitlement is fucking laughable. Again, you work minimum wage, don't like it, find something else. I don't tip the minimum wage worker digging ditches 8 hours a day, I don't tip the drive thru window clerk at the fast food place, why the fuck would I tip you? You are just doing your job. Your job is to answer the phone. Your job is to box my order. Your job is pick up the pace when it gets busy. Take your self righteous bullshit and get the fuck out.
    Well, honestly, you're out of the loop then. It's been standard for as long as I can remember (mid-30s).

Yeah, I am older than you and have never tipped for take out, nor have any of my family or friends. So yeah, way to try and to convince people of this bullshit and put more money in your pocket just for doing your job.

If someone goes far above and beyond the call of duty, tip them, otherwise don't.

travathian on
  • Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    edit: deleted as per tube's warning

Protein Shakes on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooo.

If you really want to talk about it, you can start yet another tipping thread in D&D.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.