As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 Buttoneers!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    alegria wrote: »
    I thought about doing shadow boxes but had so many I figured the bulletin board was simpler/cheaper and would actually get done.

I was going to do a cheap cork board too, but then:

1) Michael's was having a big sale *and* my mom had 50% off coupons. (That box was about $15 final)
    2) The backing in the shadow box was fabric, so I could stick pins just as easy
    3) I won't have to dust them

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Nice display.

Gah, I want one of those Harley Quinn buttons so bad it's killing me.

I KNOW! Who was doin' those?

On another note, my favourite button was one I just found layin' around: a Will/Felicia romance-novel-cover button. Just straight-up found it while on the drinking tour. I yelled about, but nobody said they'd dropped it, so, well, CLAIM'D.

(No pictures just now, as I'm at work.)

But who was doing THAT button, anyhow?

OMG! I dropped that button! I got it at Comic Con at the Guild Panel. :D Yay! I'm so glad someone found it. I don't even want it back. When I noticed on Friday that it was no longer on my bag, I was just so sad that it might be lost in the streets of Seattle. Whew!

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aw, now I feel sorta bad. Did you make it yourself or get it given to you or something? What's the story there?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Aw, now I feel sorta bad. Did you make it yourself or get it given to you or something? What's the story there?

Don't feel bad at all! I really am happy that someone who likes it has it instead of it being lost forever. At the Comic Con panel for The Guild, they previewed an episode (Season 4, Ep 3) where one of the characters paints this romance cover featuring Felicia's and Wil's characters, and then they handed out buttons featuring the painting to the audience. :) It was awesome!

Edited to add:
    If it makes you feel better, I had never seen the Guild before that panel, and I only happened to be in the room because the Community panel was right after. :D I think it's hilarious, but it's not like I waiting in line for hours for it, you know?

giraffeoverlord on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You mean this?
    codex-fawkes.jpg

Epic.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    My button was such a big hit (badum-pish) that I had convention center staff, restaurant staff, and tons of non-buttoneers wanting it. I sadly had to turn most of them down because I was just trading for the most part.

I still have 12 left over out of the 200+ I started with. I sadly wasn't able to make the post PAX button trading due to everyone switching right into teardown mode :(. I think the last person I traded with was BrennaCeDria cause I ran into her in the sheraton on Monday.

i had a few people try to buy it off me. Best offer was $15. I couldn't bring myself to give it up though

qwhacker on
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    I still have 12 left over out of the 200+ I started with. I sadly wasn't able to make the post PAX button trading due to everyone switching right into teardown mode :(. I think the last person I traded with was BrennaCeDria cause I ran into her in the sheraton on Monday.

Tell you what, I'll trade you favors for next year. :) I'll take your buttons to the Buttoneer meet and bring you back the trades, and you let me back in after it's over to pick up my computer (packed up before the meet, natch).

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    akjak wrote: »
    You mean this?
    codex-fawkes.jpg

Epic.

Ha! Yep, that's it! :lol:

giraffeoverlord on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Best part of post-pax button thread is seeing your buttons in people's pictures =D

Worst part of post-pax button thread is not seeing your buttons in people's pictures =(

The worst part is seeing the awesome buttons you missed.

Like the Harley Quinn button :(

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I traded only about 50 buttons over the weekend, and totally forgot there was a collection bucket up at BYOC.

I agree Cronus that it's crazy seeing how many cool ones I didn't know where out there. BTW, I loved your button. I didn't realize at first that the martini had power-up and 1-up mushrooms in it. Excellent touch.

Gundabad on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Don't feel bad at all! I really am happy that someone who likes it has it instead of it being lost forever. At the Comic Con panel for The Guild, they previewed an episode (Season 4, Ep 3) where one of the characters paints this romance cover featuring Felicia's and Wil's characters, and then they handed out buttons featuring the painting to the audience. :) It was awesome!

Edited to add:
    If it makes you feel better, I had never seen the Guild before that panel, and I only happened to be in the room because the Community panel was right after. :D I think it's hilarious, but it's not like I waiting in line for hours for it, you know?

Hm. I have a plan.

At PAX East, I give this button away. WE BEGIN A CHAIN. You may never own this button, just have it on hand for a time, enjoy it, then pass it along and get a little joy in return.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Edited to add:

Hm. I have a plan.

At PAX East, I give this button away. WE BEGIN A CHAIN. You may never own this button, just have it on hand for a time, enjoy it, then pass it along and get a little joy in return.

I propose we do this with a bag. Take one, put your name on the sheet in the bag, pass it on. After PAX whoever has it posts the list.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Edited to add:

Hm. I have a plan.

And this button will be instrumental in fixing problems in the life of its owner while each person has it for that 6 month period. I could write stories about this...

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Willeth wrote: »

Edited to add:

Hm. I have a plan.

I propose we do this with a bag. Take one, put your name on the sheet in the bag, pass it on. After PAX whoever has it posts the list.

Do we pass it on to only others from the forum (people with forum badges on) or just anybody? Would the next person know what to do with it?

adester on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You explain it when you pass it on. I'm aiming to pass it on to a buttoneer at PAX East 2011 who plans on being at PAX Prime 2011.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cronus wrote: »
    Best part of post-pax button thread is seeing your buttons in people's pictures =D

Worst part of post-pax button thread is not seeing your buttons in people's pictures =(

The worst part is seeing the awesome buttons you missed.

Like the Harley Quinn button :(

I'll help pay for a minimum re-run of the Harley buttons and Monocle Smile buttons.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I stole this from Nomad's flickr because it's awesome and I think she's right...
    4976068846_494c9f765e.jpg

beta_angel is button jesus!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    I stole this from Nomad's flickr because it's awesome and I think she's right...

Looks more like Button Moses.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Did anybody get any shots of me jumping up and pinning my buttons to that board?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Did anybody get any shots of me jumping up and pinning my buttons to that board?

Yes I also have those.
    4976068908_c5dfb6abd5_b.jpg

and a couple more. Here's the full set!

Also I'm glad you liked that eye-shuh! hahaha!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Edited to add:

Hm. I have a plan.

YES! I was totally thinking this today, btw. Awesome idea! :) That button is too magical to own it for life.

giraffeoverlord on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    eye-shuh wrote: »

Looks more like Button Moses.

I'm gonna smite the shit out of you for that doubt, Jr.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Yes I also have those.
    4976068908_c5dfb6abd5_b.jpg

and a couple more. Here's the full set!

Also I'm glad you liked that eye-shuh! hahaha!

LOL! I didn't notice that! XD

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Monocle Smiles!!

Because the image is large, here's the link.
    I'm not sure who everyone is, but I'll tag the ones here that I remember. If you see yourself, let me know which one is you, so I can add you to the list :D

1. beta_angel
    2. Tammy (not a forumer)
    3. @JavaStrike (not a forumer)
    8. psychopez
    11. Risia
    17. Plusone
    18. Deltethnia
    23. JonnyBrokenBones
    24. Kjeldor's friend (not a forumer)
    25. m@!
    26. Kjeldor
    27. nemaihne
    29. LadyBee
    30. Skarsol
    33. Hot Sake
    35. alegria (Alassel) - maybe
    36. Darkphibre
    37. wesalicious
    38. strebalicious
    39. @IHaveAShrinkRay (not a forumer)
    41. Shade
    43. Vari
    44. Clerise
    45. Rend
    46. Quadrashocker
    47. contrefait
    48. Cultural Geek Girl
    49. CaptainTapole
    50. astillac
    53. Aioua
    54. simonwolf
    55. Moe Fwacky
    58. Mystral721 aka @Luneowl
    59. Infidel
    60. MrBlarney
    61. REG Rysk
    65. SpaceGhost2K

A huge thank you to everyone who provided a monocle smile (especially the ones that smiled but didn't get a button) -- THANK YOU!! :D

Re: making more monocle smile buttons:
    I'll help pay for a minimum re-run of the Harley buttons and Monocle Smile buttons.

I think that the current limited run is a good thing -- more rare and awesome that way! I would be willing to do them again at PAX East (even though buttons aren't an East thing) or the next PAX Prime, but there will probably be a shiny new internet meme by that time, so it would no longer be this awesome.

If people really want more, I could order another 50 and do an email/mail type exchange -- you email me your monocle smile and your address, then I mail you a monocle smile button. There would have to be a significant amount of interest though XD

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    LordDHMDLordDHMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am still super sad that I left my main buttons in a cab on Friday. I only had like 3 Fry bonus buttons left at that point, so my buttoneering was cut super short. Thanks for still being drunk that morning after the TTDC and trying to catch keynote!

LordDHMD on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shugarae wrote: »
    Monocle Smiles!!

I'm not sure who everyone is, but I'll tag the ones here that I remember. If you see yourself, let me know which one is you, so I can add you to the list :D

37. wesalicious
    38. strebalicious

Done.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

There be that one for ya!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    30: Skarsol
    58: Me, aka Luneowl

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    45. Rend
    54. simonwolf
    59. Infidel
    60. MrBlarney
    61. REG Rysk

Those are all the buttoneers from my group and in the monocle photos. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    VariVari Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aha! I have 3 names for you!

43. Me! (Vari)
    44. Clerise
    46. Quadrashocker

Vari on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    41. Shade

can you fire me the full original of me so I can use it as a face book pic??

<3!!

Shade on
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone have the shot of the group picture?

Sorry it took a while, I had a five thousand photos to go through... and ironically enough came down with an amazingly terrible cold from PAX (which shifted my schedule a few days).

Clicky image to flickr:
    4981395144_a5c3663e4b_b.jpg

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Darkphibre wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I was working on creating the website to track the spread of the PAX1N1 strain, and on putting together something similar to my Moo cards. So I'll be walking around with a purple paisley scarf covered in photos! :)

I was infected, well a host apparently - honestly should have given the host button to my kid since he's a walking petri dish anyway! But the website on the back isn't functional, I'd love to give you the info on my infection...

Hmmm, maybe it's due to case sensitivity (something I was concerned about)... try this link: http://darkphibre.com/Pax10/Infection/index.htm... Only 15 people have registered their infection buttons so far;
    I'd love to know if there's an error people are seeing!

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Re: shugarae

I'm number 8. I remember you saying I was the first to hold it up without using my hands.

Let it be known to all I have freakishly large eye sockets...

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I tried really hard to make the gathering after pax :( Obviously I failed.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I tried to make the meet up also but didn't make it. Plus I need a better button carry method. I was a total noob and lost some buttons. D: They kept falling off.

Daksa on
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shade wrote: »
    41. Shade

can you fire me the full original of me so I can use it as a face book pic??

<3!!

Certainly! PM me your email or something, and I'll send it over when I get home tonight. Same goes for anyone else that wants their individual pic :mrgreen:

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Monocle Smiles!!

1. beta_angel
    2. Tammy (not a forumer)
    3. @JavaStrike (not a forumer)
    8. psychopez
    17. Plusone
    18. Deltethnia
    30. Skarsol
    33. Hot Sake
    36. Darkphibre
    37. wesalicious
    38. strebalicious
    41. Shade
    43. Vari
    44. Clerise
    45. Rend
    46. Quadrashocker
    49. CaptainTapole
    54. simonwolf
    55. Moe Fwacky
    58. Mystral721 aka @Luneowl
    59. Infidel
    60. MrBlarney
    61. REG Rysk
    65. SpaceGhost2K

A huge thank you to everyone who provided a monocle smile (especially the ones that smiled but didn't get a button) -- THANK YOU!! :D

Re: making more monocle smile buttons:

I think that the current limited run is a good thing -- more rare and awesome that way! I would be willing to do them again at PAX East (even though buttons aren't an East thing) or the next PAX Prime, but there will probably be a shiny new internet meme by that time, so it would no longer be this awesome.

If people really want more, I could order another 50 and do an email/mail type exchange -- you email me your monocle smile and your address, then I mail you a monocle smile button. There would have to be a significant amount of interest though XD

I'm #65.

Yeah, I agree about the rarety thing. Don't remake them. I will just lament its absence.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    here's names from my group, after the kurtz panel saturday night.
    Monocle Smiles!!

23. JonnyBrokenBones
    24. other dude that was with us, not a forumer.
    25. m@!
    26. Kjeldor

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I'm number 35, but that's mostly from process of elimination. There are some weird shadows on my face that make it hard to tell! :)

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
This discussion has been closed.