As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games For Kids

tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I am donating my old laptop to a battered womens shelter. After I wipe it I'm gonna load on some kids games, along with open office etc. Any suggestions for stuff I could pick up cheap ;-) to put on there.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
tinwhiskers on

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if you have them in the US, but the bargain bins in Australia's EB Games are usually chock full of cheap kids titles. I stress usually, because sometimes they're chock full of old Splinter Cell games.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe try a shump, like geometry wars? As long as the kid doesn't think it's actual math, it may have that "HA! I'm tricking mom into thinking I'm doing geometry!" Or they may just avoid it thinking it's geometry.

The thing about kids games is that they don't actually have to be kid themed. They can just be good games with no adult themes to them depending on the age of the kids.

You can also add some freeware like
    Spelunky
    Cave Story

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't know what age you are talking, but the old Monkey Island games are cheap on Steam and are very kid friendly.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    I don't know if you have them in the US, but the bargain bins in Australia's EB Games are usually chock full of cheap kids titles. I stress usually, because sometimes they're chock full of old Splinter Cell games.

You could also hit up an Office Max or the like. They usually have a section full of cheap games.

Quid on
  • Options
    Werewolf GamerWerewolf Gamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you can't find some of the games there are some great website online that have games too like Nickelodeon, and for those little ones kneebouncers.com.

Werewolf Gamer on
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Some of my daughters favorite games from age 1 on were the Disney series of games. They make them for all ages from 1-about 4ish. That and Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go games. There is a Little Bear game out hter that was also a favorite of hers. I found all of these in the cheap game bins in Radio Shack/The Source, Wal*Mart, and Safeway.

Other than that maybe put Starfall, Neopets, Y8 and sites like that in Browsers favorites list.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Puzzle games could be awesome so...

Plants vs. Zombies (might be too violent :X)
    Puzzle Quest
    Peggle

SkyGheNe on