As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MAG] New Patch - Maps neutral - MAG ruined FOREVER?

• Options
    Craptastic-JCraptastic-J Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SpannerX wrote: »
    I'm still in SVER. Never see anyone around, waiting to see what the rest of PA does. Hopefully come back to SVER. :)

On my way soon

Craptastic-J on
  • Options
    NerdyHeritageNerdyHeritage Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As much as I would like the 3rd gold trophy, the clan is what's keeping me coming back for more. I'll go where the people go.

On the plus side, I finally got a combat melee ribbon.

NerdyHeritage on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS: 0775 9129 1567 Black: 3267 4422 1986
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My arm could be twisted to vet to Valor on Friday, get the trophy as quickly as possible then rejoin on Raven/SVER. If memory serves I was able to go from level 1 - 55 last double xp weekend but not sure how many hours that took.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    KlatBlutigKlatBlutig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    My arm could be twisted to vet to Valor on Friday, get the trophy as quickly as possible then rejoin on Raven/SVER. If memory serves I was able to go from level 1 - 55 last double xp weekend but not sure how many hours that took.

I agree, the only reason I'm willing to go Valor is the double XP. I'm going to be trying for 60 in one week. The only part that stings is that I will have to slog through the levels once I get back to SVER. I think the idea is that no matter what happens we all go back to SVER in the end, and I'm fine with that. At the same time I don't want this to fracture the clan even more, I feel guilty enough for this Raven fiasco as it is.

So how do we start one of those fancy vote things?

KlatBlutig on

Klat%20Blutig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I guess I can spare the 10 minutes since I was part of the group that suckered err encouraged Litany into making the OP. Yell at me if you want more/different questions. It's too late to think straight or pretend to be witty.

Vote Here
    Results Here

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    SpannerXSpannerX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm grinding levels on SVER so I can be 60 for the weekend. 5 more to go, ugh.

SpannerX on
    PSN: spannerx1970
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm grinding levels on SVER so I can be 60 for the weekend. 5 more to go, ugh.
    Might not be any point in you grinding to 60 ahead of the weekend. Early poll results have SVER as home base with a handful of people giving Valor a quick run for that precious precious trophy.

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have to ask - How many games do you guys play on a given day that you can hit 60 in a weekend? I can manage maybe 2-3 if I'm lucky and even then I get like 100 points a match.

And how the shit do I see people all the time getting like 700-1000 points in a round and I get like 95? What in the shit am I doing wrong? I go for objectives, I shoot mans, I heal/revive!

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have to ask - How many games do you guys play on a given day that you can hit 60 in a weekend? I can manage maybe 2-3 if I'm lucky and even then I get like 100 points a match.

And how the shit do I see people all the time getting like 700-1000 points in a round and I get like 95? What in the shit am I doing wrong? I go for objectives, I shoot mans, I heal/revive!

Lately I've been averaging around 300 to 400 pts a round, basically doing what you are. I've had a few rounds where I've had anywhere from 500 to 900. The 500 pt. round was using mines on d. during acquisition vs. Valor. They just kept walking/driving right through my mine fields.

The 900 pt round was dom. defense and I was healing like crazy. Ground level pump room, they opened the letters pretty early, but never got any damage on our base. It was pretty crazy.

I'm not sure about the other high numbers, but I'd bet most of them are from air strikes, mortars.

SpannerX on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I kill lots of dudes and try to heal/rez, which nets me 300-400 a round and about the 1k's if I'm near fragos. I never bother putting myself up for squad leader as I like to roam solo a bit too much.

If I get a match later I'll try ss some score cards to give some more solid info.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    RoxtarRoxtar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Still stuck on SVER PA clan and never vetted... Yea i'm a casual biatch. But will soon be 60 and willing to go Valor for the gold.

Roxtar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I've been averaging between 600-800 on dom the last few days. Hangin out near the frago, killing and reviving, and don't forget to heal doods when they are low on health. I've gotten 15-20 points (not counting frago bonus) by spraying like 3-4 guys at once as they ran by. Don't quote me but the 700xp average is like 30-35 kills and 10-15 rezzes, alnog with frago bonus and other random crap like:
    Capping the objectives and either planting or defusing is some more points

And strikes will quickly boost that total if you have a leadership position.

Commando is a lot of fun too. If you can sneak through the lines on Dom attack, you can rack up 200-300 points pretty quick by taking out all their gates and assets in the backfield. I love having a 0-0 k/d and leading my squad in XP by like 250 to 2nd places 36.

I'm probably hopping back to SVER tomorrow to knock out those early levels on double XP, as I'm going to miss most of the weekend dammit. Is there anyone still in PA SVER who has inivte powers that I can message?

Craptastic-J on
  • Options
    FreakinoutanamesFreakinoutanames Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    KlatBlutig wrote: »
    I've been playing on and off over the last week, trying to get up to 60 so I can vet out of SVER... bah, never mind. :)

Have no fear good sir, many of us are ready to vet but we plan on waiting for everyone this time. You may yet be able to enjoy the huge dose of fail that is Raven with us, the few daring souls who journey beyond the red line.

God I can't wait!

Freakinoutanames on
    I found it in a dumpster....
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    blikblok, Stabity, Acidpenquin, and a few more.

SpannerX on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

thank you sir

Craptastic-J on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

thank you sir

I haven't seen them on though...

SpannerX on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If them be MIA then someone could make the Merch Harder clan.

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I get the idea that we are few now. I don't think I've seen hide nor hair of blik, stabity or acid for some time. I try to check my friends list often, just to get an idea of how many people are playing.

So it looks like a few of us are going to vet to valor whilst the rest return to SVER? I ask because I'm considering vetting before the double XP so I can get my medic skills in time to make the most of them.

Oh, Spanner shot me today :P

KlatBlutig on

Klat%20Blutig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    KlatBlutig wrote: »
    Yeah I get the idea that we are few now. I don't think I've seen hide nor hair of blik, stabity or acid for some time. I try to check my friends list often, just to get an idea of how many people are playing.

So it looks like a few of us are going to vet to valor whilst the rest return to SVER? I ask because I'm considering vetting before the double XP so I can get my medic skills in time to make the most of them.

Oh, Spanner shot me today :P

Well, you killed me first!

SpannerX on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That would have been a heartbreaker for the Habs. Lucky for them the Caps forgot how to play on the power-play all series. They couldn't even handle the puck on a 6 on 4; just sad.

Err yes MAG! How about a Valor clan named FMM - Fancy Men of Muttonchop

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That would have been a heartbreaker for the Habs. Lucky for them the Caps forgot how to play on the power-play all series. They couldn't even handle the puck on a 6 on 4; just sad.

Err yes MAG! How about a Valor clan named FMM - Fancy Men of Muttonchop

What'd they finish, 1 for 35 on power plays in the series, absolutely terrible. As much flak as the Caps defense takes, and as great as Halak was for the last games, this series loss has to be pinned on their offense, especially tonights game. 6 on 4 and it never looked like they outnumbered Montreal. The team that deserved to win won. At least now I can spend the time I would be watching hockey on something more MAG-like. Like playing MAG. Mag. yes, mag, this post is relevant to MAG, mag. MAG!

Craptastic-J on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, you killed me first!

And I paid a karmic debt for it :P The SL would\could not set FRAGO and answered my pleas with what I can only assume was a belch...

I really think this is the first time I've encountered anyone from the Merchanaries since vetting.

I actually had a decent pub match after the afore mentioned FRAGOless game today; people talked and set FRAGOs and well... the game played the way it should. What a nice change :?

KlatBlutig on

Klat%20Blutig.jpg
  • Options
    JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have a question about the sniper rifle scopes. Is the max zoom on the variable power scope the same as the zoom on the high power scope? Also, the AGVK has a built in bipod and can't use the foregrip or what?

Jombalaya on
  • Options
    VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jombalaya wrote: »
    I have a question about the sniper rifle scopes. Is the max zoom on the variable power scope the same as the zoom on the high power scope? Also, the AGVK has a built in bipod and can't use the foregrip or what?

The max zoom on the variable is the same as the high power scope, and the tier 3 sniper (AGVK I guess) has a built in bipod, so it can't use a grip.

Edit: only the marksman rifle can use the grip.

Vanderbrent on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well it looks there's about 6 of us who are willing to do things no Merchanary should do for a trophy. Unless someone tells me that no one is vetting to Valor I plan on taking my slavic\teutonic accent to team america in about 12 hours. I shall see you on the other side, and then I'll come back home to SVER for one last slog to 60.

However, if the 5 brave souls who want that trophy decide they are not going then I'll be coming home sooner rather than later.

KlatBlutig on

Klat%20Blutig.jpg
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bah still at 42 on raven :?.
    Hopefully I can get some rounds in over the weekend, but I dont see myself making 34k lol.
    I'll might join you later on valor or go back to the nest.
    Maybe I can get some games in tonight, but raven players are walking succubi. They suck the life right out of you. If this is the future for european armies I am migrating to antartica.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I dropped a msg. to the guys in Merch. telling them that there might be a few guys coming back that will want in. Hopefully they'll respond.

SpannerX on
  • Options
    PBC-66PBC-66 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For the said Valor faction of PA, have we come up with an appropriate name as of yet? along with KlatBlutig i too plan on vetting to valor in 8 hours or so to jump start on the double XP, what with moving this weekend and loss of internet for a few days, I'll be trying to get as much play time as possible before the 1st.

Personaly i was going to go with "Wide Area Gaming" or WAG but of course im up for suggestions.

Edit: Thought id bring this up from the last page so its not lost in the shuffle.
    I guess I can spare the 10 minutes since I was part of the group that suckered err encouraged Litany into making the OP. Yell at me if you want more/different questions. It's too late to think straight or pretend to be witty.

Vote Here
    Results Here

PBC-66 on
    | PSN: PBC-66 |
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I see where this is going. Guess I'll see you on Valor.

SpannerX on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I see where this is going. Guess I'll see you on Valor.
    You'll most likely have more company on SVER soon (Mal/Edith/Crap-J/Nards). Unless by some M Night Shamalama(dingdong) plot us silly-geese find Valor to be the best thing since sliced bread (what a twist!) the rest will follow as soon as they can.

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ah, but the only reason why I didn't Vet to Raven in the first place was because I was away at work, and was lower than 60. I've been pubbing it for the last 2 weeks, and I know that the Trophy Who... collectors will be on line more often than the current PA bunch. So, I'm going to Vet to Valor. :D

SpannerX on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mmm, Double XP Weekend! I'll be on tonight for some shoosting!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    PBC-66PBC-66 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wonder if this new "Major Add-on" in may is going to have anything to do with the "need a loadout" command, would be a might handy to have a ammo \ medic man runnin around.

PBC-66 on
    | PSN: PBC-66 |
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think double points are on now. I just got 600+ and I didn't do that good. I'll edit after the next one.

Edit: Yup, it's on.

SpannerX on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Double XP is go now?! Well then here I come. It's going to be really funny hearing my character's lame accent while wearing Valor gear :P

"I veer zee ret vite und blue! Stop shootink me!"

KlatBlutig on

Klat%20Blutig.jpg
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ah man - icould go valor but I'm not even 60 on raven yet. Hmmmmm decisions decisions. I'm only 2 levels off but worry that I will hold people back from vetting to sver or that I will be left alone on valour.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Louie wrote: »
    Ah man - icould go valor but I'm not even 60 on raven yet. Hmmmmm decisions decisions. I'm only 2 levels off but worry that I will hold people back from vetting to sver or that I will be left alone on valour.

I've been pubbing on SVER for long enough that I know I want to play with PA guys. The most active ones are going to Valor, so that's where I'm heading. :)

SpannerX on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm still fucking 14. God damn this game, but god damn my responsibilities and such even more.

I'm going to try like hell to hit 60 on Raven by the end of the weekend and vet to Valor. We'll see how that pans out. :?

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Louie wrote: »

I've been pubbing on SVER for long enough that I know I want to play with PA guys. The most active ones are going to Valor, so that's where I'm heading. :)

Hey, they may be more active, but most of them are rotten Canadians and who really wants to play with..oh wait...where are you from..ummm....

There should be more than a few of us keeping the fire warm in SVER, just saying that so no one feels like they have to slog through another 60 levels, twiceD:

Is the DLC ready yet, or is it just double XP open?

Craptastic-J on
  • Options
    LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think the "gameplan" is basically to blitz to sixty on Valor then switch back to SVER within the week and have everyone on the same faction. 'Least that's the way I've got it figured right now.

If there's a majority that wants to go to Valor, please speak up. I doubt you'd get alot of sympathy if you want to go to or stay with Raven. :P

The DLC is currently not up, at 4EST. Double EXP is live though.

Hockey!
    I liked Ryan Miller's performance in the olympic group play, but I can't remember who it was against. Some powerhouse IIRC. I think some crackheads tried to tell me we lost to the same team like a week later, but who's gonna believe crackheads.

I had the US to take the first game against Canada. Every single person I told that to thought I was crazy - I won a dinner on it. Crazy, but full. In a single game winner-take-all final the last goalie I wanted to run into was Miller. He was simply outstanding at the Olympics. Canada looked better on paper, but the final could have gone either way - every rush in the OT felt like it was it. If not for Crosby getting a goddamn lucky bounce for the game winner...
    Game 2 and I think it was the 2nd period of game 3 where they scored 4 goals. Besides that, the defense and aggressiveness of Montreal has dominated. Semin, oh you mean the guy who has 37 shots on goal and one assist to show for it. The guy who hasn't scored a playoff goal in their two last series (counting last year). He plays a little too fancy shmancy for the grinding playoffs, at least that's the word among Caps people. And Mike Green isn't a great a playoff defenseman either, not great when the game slows down and your still going 100 mph towards the opponent goal turning it over.
    What'd they finish, 1 for 35 on power plays in the series, absolutely terrible. As much flak as the Caps defense takes, and as great as Halak was for the last games, this series loss has to be pinned on their offense, especially tonights game. 6 on 4 and it never looked like they outnumbered Montreal. The team that deserved to win won. At least now I can spend the time I would be watching hockey on something more MAG-like. Like playing MAG. Mag. yes, mag, this post is relevant to MAG, mag. MAG!

Montreal played a very defensive series. Full team commitment to the gameplan - not one spawn sniper. :P When Spacek went down (and with Hammrlik looking so bad after the first game) I figured the Habs were done for. I'm still kind of in shock at the outcome. Washington looked nervous after Bergeron scored - almost like they didn't think they could get one by Halak. Which brings us to the one they "didn't" score. I've watched a ton of hockey, it's a safe bet to say I'm going to see a lot more. I don't think I have or ever will see another call that close. I'm glad I didn't have to justify it to the Capitals.

And being from just outside Toronto, I thought I'd seen too much Hal Gill already. He was a trainwreck most of the regular season. Almost every night I asked 'How is this guy not only wearing a letter, but a jersey?' Halak was lights out in Game Six and deserves the accolades he gets. Seven was Gill and Gorges not backing down and really frustrating the Caps offense. Forty one blocked shots in Game Seven.

Pittsburgh is next, but I want to hope. I ruled them out in five last series and yet here we are.

Litany on
    Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany