As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION! Comic-related Movies, TV, Video Games

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So things keep developing with the whole Marvel/Norton thing, this time with Norton's agent responding via Hitfix.
    This offensive statement from Kevin Feige at Marvel is a purposefully misleading, inappropriate attempt to paint our client in a negative light. Here are the facts: two months ago, Kevin called me and said he wanted Edward to reprise the role of Bruce Banner in The Avengers. He told me it would be his fantasy to bring Edward on stage with the rest of the cast at ComiCon and make it the event of the convention. When I said that Edward was definitely open to this idea, Kevin was very excited and we agreed that Edward should meet with Joss Whedon to discuss the project. Edward and Joss had a very good meeting (confirmed by Feige to me) at which Edward said he was enthusiastic at the prospect of being a part of the ensemble cast. Marvel subsequently made him a financial offer to be in the film and both sides started negotiating in good faith. This past Wednesday, after several weeks of civil, uncontentious discussions, but before we had come to terms on a deal, a representative from Marvel called to say they had decided to go in another direction with the part. This seemed to us to be a financial decision but, whatever the case, it is completely their prerogative, and we accepted their decision with no hard feelings.

We know a lot of fans have voiced their public disappointment with this result, but this is no excuse for Feige's mean spirited, accusatory comments. Counter to what Kevin implies here, Edward was looking forward to the opportunity to work with Joss and the other actors in the Avengers cast, many of whom are personal friends of his. Feige's statement is unprofessional, disingenuous and clearly defamatory. Mr. Norton talent, tireless work ethic and professional integrity deserve more respect, and so do Marvel's fans.

Brian Swardstrom
    WME"

A few things. I'm curious to see if the panel he mention still happens in San Diego. I gotta admit, that would have been really cool, to see everyone just sort of invade Thor's panel.

And it's funny, everyone talks as if Joss is the director, but to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't been announced right? I'm sure that'll happen at Comic-Con, but I wonder what's up with waiting so long, as the surprise has long been out of the bag.

And Marvel isn't getting a good track records with dealing with their actors. We have the whole Incredible Hulk thing, where there was tension of final cut, and with Iron Man 2, we had Marvel push Favreau to get the movie out a lot sooner than he wanted, and also the whole low balling Rourke and the Howard/Cheadle thing.

Yeah I forgot they replaced Howard to, they're going to wind up with some duff films if they continue down the dickish route. With Disney behind them its not like they dont have money either.

Howard asked for more money when Downey was taking SAG minimum ( I heard). He was a dick, and cheadle is much better anyway.

Langly on
    edited July 2010
  • ThePrimmThePrimm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ThePrimm on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well, demanding to make more money than the lead when you're terrance howard and the lead is rdj means you're a dick.

Angry on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He got paid more than the other stars for the first film? Damn that makes me sad, because he was piss weak compared to the other actors. I was thrilled when they announced he was getting replaced.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I never understood why they didn't go with a really gangly kind of geeky guy to play Banner. Norton was a step in the right direction but I think they'd do better with a William H Macy or something. Now, I'm not saying get William H Macy but do get someone who can play the pathetic side of things well - especially if they're going with the Ultimates angle.

You think William H. Macy is more gangly and geeky looking than Ed Norton? Seriously?

You're completely missing my point but yes. Norton is jacked. Macy is below average looking.

Regardless, I'm using Macy as a "type" not my pick so cool your jets Speedracer.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    More rumor time:

Jonathan Nolan (Christopher Nolan's brother) to direct Superman and Zachery Levi (Chuck) to be the title character...

Nolan I could possibly see, since Chris is consulting now (but Jonathan is also an untested director and Superman is a big property...). I can see Levi as Clark but have a harder time seeing him as Superman.

Tomanta on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I could easily see a younger Levi as a Clark who's just discovering his abilities, but he just doesn't have Superman's stature.

And damnit, he's supposed to be Yorick Brown!

Robos A Go Go on
    edited July 2010
    ThePrimm wrote: »

He was asking for more money than than any of the other actors, including the lead, not to mention that he was not getting along with the director and not producing the kind of scenes desired.

That's why he wasn't in the movie as much as he was supposed to be. Most of his stuff had to be severely cut down.

Langly on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Levi looks old to me, too old.

I just generally dislike changing actors through movies, IH was acceptable because I prefered to pretend Hulk didn't exist anyway. I would've preferred Gyllenhaal in both Batman films for instance. I've always disliked the practice, just irks me. I didn't miss Howard mind you but I don't think Cheadle brought anything interesting to the role either, he was just the dick who stole Stark's technology.

DarkWarrior on
  • Juan DimensionalJuan Dimensional Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Imagine Steve Buscemi as the Hulk.

I have imagined it.
    In fact, I imagined it yesterday and posted it elsewhere on the interwebs (are you stealing my ideas from my mind?!)

I think Buscemi as Banner is a wonderful idea. You put him next to the guys that are playing Captain America and Thor and you get a Banner that might, deep down, actually want to be the Hulk. That would go along pretty well with the Ultimate incarnation of the Hulk.

Juan Dimensional on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Steve Buscemi is getting old though; he is in his mid 50's. But, they did do a good job of "youthening" Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in X-3..

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that literally who the other Ultimates cast as Banner when they were chatting?

He's much too old IMO, and I'm not sure his usual vicious weasel/ pathetic weasel range would really fit. Banner needs to be at least somewhat likeable.

NODe on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    well, demanding to make more money than the lead when you're terrance howard and the lead is rdj means you're a dick.

No it doesn't. It just means you have a better agent.

noir_blood on
    edited July 2010
    Could've been worse. Could've been Cuba Gooding Jr instead of Terrence Howard.

cshadow42 on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Surely the actors who actually HAVE roles are the ones with better agents?

Also Buscemi does have range and i'd like to see what he'd do with Banner, he just tends to get pigeon holed in the vicious weasel parts a lot of the time.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    He won an oscar!

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Steve Buscemi is getting old though; he is in his mid 50's...

Don't care.
    Made up my mind.
    Buscemi = Banner

Seriously though, age can't be that big of a deal. I mean, they gave Spider-Man organic web-shooters, they can make Banner 15 years older.:wink:

Juan Dimensional on
    edited July 2010
    NODe wrote: »
    Isn't that literally who the other Ultimates cast as Banner when they were chatting?

Holy crap, you're right!
    That's why this made so much sense to me.
    I have unknowingly been influenced by Mark Millar (I also have this sneaking suspicion that my father is really a super villain).

Juan Dimensional on
    edited July 2010

Holy crap, you're right!
    I have unknowingly been influenced by Mark Millar (I also have this sneaking suspicion that my father is really a super villain).

Millar also cast Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.

Hm...who else did he cast?

cshadow42 on
    edited July 2010

Holy crap, you're right!

I think Lucy Liu as Janet (but she got mad and said it was just because they didn't know any other Asian actresses), Matthew Mconaheehaw as Pym, and Johnny Depp as Stark...I think, it's been a while.

NODe on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When does the Green Hornet come out?

DouglasDanger on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Holy crap, you're right!

I think Lucy Liu as Janet (but she got mad and said it was just because they didn't know any other Asian actresses), Matthew Mconaheehaw as Pym, and Johnny Depp as Stark...I think, it's been a while.

If it's the scene I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure Stark picked Downey for himself (which highly amused me when he was cast in IM). Someone should dig up the scan.

Tomanta on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    French Green Hornet short

Looks pretty neat. The audio doesn't sync with the video for me though.

DouglasDanger on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

did you miss the part where he was cut from the movie.

Angry on
    edited July 2010

did you miss the part where he was cut from the movie.

The best agents aren't appreciated in their own lifetime.

NODe on
    edited July 2010
    So apparently, everyone is saying Inception is a great movie. Maybe even better than The Dark Knight.

But...reviewers are saying that because it may be a bit too "high brow" for audiences, it won't do well commercially.

The link goes to one of several reviews I've read that say the same thing. Great movie, but most people won't get it.

I'm planning on seeing it this Friday. This'll be the second movie I've seen in theaters so far this year (the first being Toy Story 3).

cshadow42 on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So apparently, everyone is saying Inception is a great movie. Maybe even better than The Dark Knight.

But...reviewers are saying that because it may be a bit too "high brow" for audiences, it won't do well commercially.

I know it's horrible of me, but I sort of hope so, if only so that I have an empty theater when I see it. Because honestly, I'm thinking that movie is going to have a lot of "what's happening now?" whispering.

noir_blood on
    edited July 2010
    And there was much rejoycing, as the Runaways movie is scheduled to start filming

cshadow42 on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What are they going to call it? There is already a movie called The Runaways coming out soon.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If they don't include the Real (Hank) McCoy song Run Away in the movie then it will suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dx0qWHL7dc&feature=related

The fat kid from Two and a Half Men will probably be cast as Chase, probably.

TexiKen on
    edited July 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If they don't include the Real (Hank) McCoy song Run Away in the movie then it will suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dx0qWHL7dc&feature=related

The fat kid from Two and a Half Men will probably be cast as Chase, probably.

The Runaway song made by Marvel isn't half bad. I imagine it'll make it into the movie in some way or another.

cshadow42 on
    edited July 2010
    So, M Night Shymalan is still making movies.

The next movie is about...the Elevator Devil...

It...looks good. But Shymalan only wrote it; he didn't direct it.

cshadow42 on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, M Night Shymalan is still making movies.

The next movie is about...the Elevator Devil...

It...looks good. But Shymalan only wrote it; he didn't direct it.

Actually Shyamalan didn't write it either, he only produced it.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where is TLB with your reading comprehension fail?

cardboard delusions on
    edited July 2010
    Where is TLB with your reading comprehension fail?

Hey, I wasn't that far off...

The film Devil is inspired by a story by Shyamalan

cshadow42 on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    13218storystory_full-9114948..jpg

Furu on
    edited July 2010
    Umm... hmm...

Odin looks a bit too happy. And Loki needs his freaking horns.

I was hoping for a bit more grittiness...those three look a bit too shiny and clean for my tastes.

cshadow42 on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome!

They look like space-vikings, that's all I wanted. All of them need massive silly helmets, though.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sci-fi advanced tech Asgardians make me happy. I really like how kirby their get-ups are, that rocks. Now I will have to tell all the "but it's not realistic viking dress" gooses where to stick it, but I don't mind that if the film rocks (like it will and you know it).

Solar on
This discussion has been closed.