As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that book!

ArrathArrath Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, I'm looking for a new book series to read and there is one that has always been nagging at the back of my mind. I read some/most of the first book(?) years ago, so my memories are quite hazy.

It may take place inside of some mysterious ancient tower, in which each floor is a different 'dimension', I seem to remember that one was a sprawling town, another was a forest. There were elevators or doors, some form of conveyance to move between the floors.

The technology level of those living inside the tower seemed to be medieval, robin hood, pre-Renaissance era.

Is this real? Or did I have a fever dream?

Arrath on

• Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Maybe this?

corky842 on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My guess is Philip Jose Farmer's World of Tiers.

EDIT: The OP also made me think of one of Farmer's other projects, The Dungeon. I've never read them, but I remember them always being in the sci-fi/fantasy section of the bookstore in the 80s. And I guess the first book was called The Black Tower. As I said, I haven't read these so I don't know if they even fit the criteria, but I'll throw it out there just in case.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'll check those out, thanks!

Arrath on