As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Week o Games, 5/2: DemntmII, Picross3D, Fat Princs PSP, Badman 2, Raystorm HD, IronM2

slash000slash000 Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology

Another week, another 7 days of new game releases!

Welcome to the 112 edition of G&T's newly traditional "Weekly Games Release Thread!" - Week 5/2/10 - 5/8/10 !

Where we discuss what we're looking forward to, what we're going to buy, and what we're just now realizing is being released this week that we had forgotten about!

NDS

181228b.jpg

Picross 3D

181165b.jpg

Dementium II

1001 Crystal Mazes Collection

181121b.jpg

Iron Man 2

Jane's Hotel

Monster Racers

Earthworm Jim (DSiware)

Photo Dojo

PC

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package
Shattered Horizon: Firepower
Total War: Battle Pack
Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer
Black Mirror 2

PS3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package

270468b.jpg

Iron Man 2

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

PSP
190038b.jpg

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake

190983b.jpg

Iron Man 2

190029b.jpg

What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2

Wii

230707b.jpg

Iron Man 2

Kung Fu Funk: Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting! (Wiiware i think)

Zombie Panic in Wonderland (Wiiware)

Dance Sensation!

Family Gameshow

Xbox360

200759b.jpg

Iron Man 2

143228-raystorm620.jpg

Raystorm HD

Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition

Meh kinda week I guess?

DS gets some cool stuff. Dementium II, the sequel to one of the best DS first person shooter / horror games comes out! I'm interested in that one. DS also gets Picross 3D, which looks like a really cool really fun take on the Picross formula, with 3D puzzles. Earthworm Jim also comes out on DSiWare I believe, so that should be fun.

PSP gets some cool stuff too. First is Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake. I'm not sure what this game is, but I believe it to be a PSP version or sequel to the previous PSN game? Anyway, it should be good. Also up is "What Did I Do To Deserve This? 2", sequel to the crazy yet fun/cool puzzlish RPG-ish game. They had to take out the "Badman" title for trademark reasons.

The Wii gets the Phoenix Wright T&T game, so that's good for Phoenix Fans.

The 360 gets Raystorm HD, which is an HD version of one of the cooler shmups from the 32bit era. 360 also gets Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition, although I thought this game already came out on 360 before..? Anyway it's a cool indie FPS/brawler.

....and.. Everything gets Iron Man 2. Hope it's not garbage like the first but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry I was a couple of days later on this Week o Games, I've been busy. I'll be busy as heck the next 2 weeks as well.

slash000 on

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well it's going to be a bad week since BoD can't come out every week, but Iron Man making the thread title is a pretty bad week.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Trials and Tribulations did not come out this week on Wiiware, if it did I'd be playing it right now.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Trials and Tribulations did not come out this week on Wiiware, if it did I'd be playing it right now.

shit. my bad. my sources have failed me.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This deserves a mention:

The indie devs of World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, and Penumbra have gotten together and are offering these games mentioned for any amount you want to pay -- and the money goes either to charity (Child's Play or Electronic Frontier Foundation) or to the developers -- with no "middle men" taking a cut in the process.

You can choose to have all of the money you decide to pay to go to these groups evenly, or to just the charity or just the devs, or split it up however you wish.

These games you get are all fantastic and all DRM-free. This is a great opportunity to support indie devs, or support gaming charities, or both, and to receive several awesome games in the process.

Link:

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Aw5C7WQ6g&feature=player_embedded

The Humble Indie Bundle is a unique kind of bundle that we are trying out.

Pay what you want. If you bought these five games separately, it would cost around $80 but we're letting you set the price!

All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux. We didn't want to leave anyone out.

There is no middle-man. You can rest assured that 100% of your purchase goes directly to the developers and non-profits as you specify (minus credit card fees).

We don't use DRM. When you buy these games, they are yours. Feel free to play them without an internet connection, back them up, and install them on all of your Macs and PCs freely.

Your contribution supports the amazing Child's Play charity and Electronic Frontier Foundation. By default, the amount is split equally between the seven participants (including Child's Play and EFF), but you can tweak the split any way you'd like.

slash000 on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    UUUUGH why does 360 get raystorm HD??? Where's my PSN version!!

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I paid $30 for the humble bundle! I had paid $10 for lunch, so I figured 3 days without a lunch, and 3 organizations compensated an okay amount. I think that's a good price point.

Also, I swear to god if they gave me time, a budget, and a team of people who knew how to do all of the things you need to know how to do to make a video game, I'd make an Iron Man game that blew Arkham Asylum out of the water.

I have no idea how they manage to make game after game that ignores the awesomeness of being Tony Stark. It's all badly implemented punching, no schmoozing, corporate chicanery, sexing up pretty ladies, or designing amazing slightly-less-than-lethal weapons.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blerg, want Raystorm but 1200 points is kinda high.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really think the Humble Indie Bundle deserves its own thread. Someone who is good at that kind of stuff (not me).

Zenitram on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

It came out on PSN in Japan but for some reason that's likely to be incredibly stupid, Square Enix US/Europe wanted to make it XBLA exclusive in the US/Europe. If you're really dedicated, you could import a Japanese PSN card (which they should email you the code for) and buy it off the Japanese PS Store.

Anyway, crappy week. Iron Man 2 is destined to be horribad like the first, seeing as the same studio made both games and Sega just sacked them all.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It came out on PSN in Japan but for some reason that's likely to be incredibly stupid, Square Enix US/Europe wanted to make it XBLA exclusive in the US/Europe. If you're really dedicated, you could import a Japanese PSN card (which they should email you the code for) and buy it off the Japanese PS Store.

Anyway, crappy week. Iron Man 2 is destined to be horribad like the first, seeing as the same studio made both games and Sega just sacked them all.

Blargh screw them, I'll just play my SD copy.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zenitram wrote: »
    I really think the Humble Indie Bundle deserves its own thread. Someone who is good at that kind of stuff (not me).

Seriously! Someone needs to do this.

Penumbra has been on my 'to check out' list for an age and Aquaria caught my eye at the time of release but I never got around to looking into it further. $15 plopped down.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif