As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help with Chicago Midway Airport info

Evil GummyEvil Gummy Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi dudes.

So as you know I'm visiting LA in like a day. Everything looks good, except I have one connection flight I am wary about.

I'm flying out of PVD at 6:40 to land in MDW at 8:15. My problem is my next flight leaves at 8:50. So, I'm flying Southwest, and I won't know my gate numbers till tomorrow, but it will be either terminal A or B.

I heard Midway is small, with such a short connection time is it unlikely I'll make it to my gate? I am so scared of missing the plane haha.

I mean, I am not checking any bags, just a carry on, and so if I run down the terminal I mean... I imagine with a short window I would make it..

I want to know, people who have been there, is this airport hard to navigate? Is it really bigger than I think? How long might it take me to run from, say, the furthest point of A to furthest of B? (worse case)

I've got early bird check in so I should get an OK seat near the exit on my plane, I think that should help me too right?

If I miss my flight because SW is delayed will they usually rebook me at no cost?

hatsig.jpg
Evil Gummy on

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Don't worry about it. You'll probably make the connection no problem. There's a decent change they'll hold the connection if your first flight is running a little late. And if you do miss it SW will get you on the next flight.

Cauld on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Been through midway a few times. It's fine. You'll be fine.

The southwest terminals are all like 100 feet apart there. As in most places unless your connecting flight is with another airline or international, you'll be just fine.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah what these guys said. I've gone through Midway several times and terminal A and B are really just two halves of the same building, and I think for Southwest they should not be splitting terminals anyway.

If your flight IS delayed, speak to the ground crew BEFORE you get on the plane regarding your connection and then speak to the crew ON the plane about it as well. They'll be able to let ground crew at Midway know that you are trying to make the connection and even if they have to let your connecting flight go, they'll be ready for you and will probably be making arrangements for you to get on another flight (no extra cost).

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Evil GummyEvil Gummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys, I was getting kind of nervous. I have my boarding pass, but it lists the flights not the gates... but checking the past two days, those flights made the trip I am making at the same gates every time, so I think I can safely assume if it's been Gate B2 to B23 every time so far, it will be that way for me. :)

Evil Gummy on
    hatsig.jpg
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Definitely tell the crew on the plane that you have a short connection time. Sometimes they will ask the passengers to stay put for a sec while the Flight 815 people jump out and generally the other passengers are happy to oblige.

This saves you a lot of time because everyone stands up to dick around with their bags and block the aisles even before the door opens.

Backstop on