As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid dog! (Courage the cowardly dog DVD)

1235»

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My opinion on Flapjack should be obvious.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crash89 wrote: »
    Watch where ya goin' ya foo'!

That guy was such a jerk.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crash89 wrote: »
    Watch where ya goin' ya foo'!

That guy was such a jerk.

One of my favorites was the one where he makes the robot dog.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    I appreciate Flapjack more ever since I learned it's intentionally creepy.

really, you had to learn that?

Yeah I don't see how a show could be that disturbing by accident. :P

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The first episode of Flapjack I ever saw was Mechanical Genie Island. I could not stop laughing.
    I'm thinking of a number...

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This show scared the pee out of me like no other (edit - ok like plenty other, but still)

used to hate it. I don't do scary stuff

pillow on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Retuuuurn the slaaaab
    What's your offer?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    pillow wrote: »
    This show scared the pee out of me like no other (edit - ok like plenty other, but still)

Huh. Part of the reason why I didn't care for Courage was that I felt it wasn't scary at all.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The best episode of Flapjack is Rye Ruv Roo. Everyone knows this.

Skullo on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rye Ruv Roo is great, but everyone has to see Candy Rot. How did that manage to get on air with a TV-Y7 rating?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Macera wrote: »

Huh. Part of the reason why I didn't care for Courage was that I felt it wasn't scary at all.

It's not scary though. It's unsettleing. It's bizzare.

If you really want to think about it though the setting is the scariest part.

Eustace and Muriel live in the exact middle of nothingness. Hell the road in front of their house vanishes unless it's needed for a story. There's rarely more than 5 people in an episode at a time and there are almost never any buildings save the farm house

The feeling of isolation while watching Courage is the only scary part.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Riptor you nailed it. That was what got under my skin as a child. It never truly frightened me or made me scream or cry, but it really did creep me out and I wasn't sure why but I think your point is it.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Macera wrote: »

It's not scary though. It's unsettleing. It's bizzare.

If you really want to think about it though the setting is the scariest part.

Eustace and Muriel live in the exact middle of nothingness. Hell the road in front of their house vanishes unless it's needed for a story. There's rarely more than 5 people in an episode at a time and there are almost never any buildings save the farm house

The feeling of isolation while watching Courage is the only scary part.

One of the scariest most disturbing episodes for me was the one with the Gerbil

It's Doc Gerbils World

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Doc Gerbil was a sad character. He was obviously used for animal testing and as a result couldn't understand why any animal would willingly live with people.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rye Ruv Roo is great, but everyone has to see Candy Rot. How did that manage to get on air with a TV-Y7 rating?

The one where the Punster freaks out and just unleashes a torrent of puns gets under my skin horribly. So creepy.

Skullo on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

You mean this one? That is pretty creepy. Or do you mean another time when he did a strange rhyming pun thing?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I picked up the 10th Anniversary set of The Powerpuff Girls when it was on sale at Amazon a few weeks back. So good. The coolest stuff is in the special features where they go over the history of the show. There's also a bunch of promos and whatnot.

I'm so pleased with it I'm completely ready to just buy the rest of these classic series for the hell of it.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You mean this one? That is pretty creepy. Or do you mean another time when he did a strange rhyming pun thing?

Yeah, thats the one. Ughhh. I don't know what it is about it, maybe his face. Just...bothers me.

Skullo on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    is there just some universal rule that dictates I never notice threads about shows I like in a timely manner?

Tam on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    is there just some universal rule that dictates I never notice threads about shows I like in a timely manner?

It's cool tam, now you get to talk about how awesome courage is and go buy the DVD.

Ruby Rhod on